1. Download application to track Calories and Weight
In My Fitness Pal you have to set up your goals.
To input the Macros, you can calculate your personal goals here.
Do not forget to fill in your weight and measurements
2. Download application to track your steps on the phone
There are lots of applications on the net to download. I have tried few of them, but Pacer was the only one which did not eat lots of phone battery, even when working in the background. And it works with Myfitensspal.
If no other activity, try to keep at least 10.000 steps a day.
Pacer (Pedometer, Step counter, Weight loss tracker)
Both of those could be synchronized together to give you the best results
If you stick to this list, you should be good to go.
More on the shopping and your Pantry, please check here
4. Your Progress Sheet
Print this out and fill it up every month, to see the progress.
5. Take pictures
You will be surprised how this helps. You can keep it in the drawer, you can stick it onto the computer, if that helps. On the days, when you feel down or feel like nothing is happening, look at those pictures. Do not forget to take one of your face as well. Our face shows a lot of difference even when the scale does not. The next picture I would suggest only after about a month, to see the difference.
6.Keep a Food Journal
Note down everything you consume into the MyFitnessPal. This is important especially the first few weeks. By writing everything down, will not only help you to keep track but will give you an overall view of what you have consumed and how much. Later you can always go back and see the mistakes you did.
At the beginning of my journey, I have found out for example, that I have consumed way too many nuts. During the day, I used to take few pieces of almonds, believing, that it is ok (just a little, few here, few there…). Only after I really wrote down the exact amount of nuts throughout the day, I have realized, half of my allowance was already consumed by this huge amount of nuts.
7. DAY 1-3
I have experimented, that with any type of food lifestyle changes I was making, my first days would consist of clearing up my gut. The best way to do so is by going for a few days on a liquid cleanse. The best and most effective was is by drinking only Bone Broth throughout the day. You can do it only a day, you can do it also for a week if you desire. And you do not have to do it at all. It is entirely up to you.
It helps me to:
- break the habit of what I was used to from before
- clear my gut and gets rid of all the toxins in the body
- prepare my body for the next lifestyle change
- enhance digestion with fewer cases of bloating, diarrhea, gas, acid reflux and constipation
- gives me more youthful-looking skin thanks to collagen
- reduces fasting insulin levels and normalizes blood sugar activity
- decrease cholesterol
- promote the secretion of human growth hormone, which is important for burning fat
- reduce the risk for diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart complications
- normalize appetite by controlling hunger hormones like ghrelin
- lower triglyceride levels
just to name a few
8. Supplements and Vitamins
9. Join our Facebook Group
Where you will not be alone and do it with some of us. At the end, having Pals going through the same change helps big time.
Do not forget to register for our Newsletter, so you do not miss a single new recipe.