Our Ultimate Keto Grocery List for Beginners with a Printout Option will help you in your Food Shopping Days with everything you need to Get Started on a Keto Diet. This Keto Shopping List has been created to help you Stock your Kitchen Pantry with only the Best Ingredients.
What is a keto lifestyle?
A keto lifestyle is a low-carb, high-fat diet that focuses on eating whole, unprocessed foods and limiting carbohydrates to 20 to 50 grams of carbs per day. This diet promotes weight loss and improved health by switching the body’s primary fuel source from glucose (carbs) to fat.
Even though a strict keto diet is high in fat, this does not have to be always the case when you plan your meals.
Shopping for keto foods is concentrating on wholesome, healthy ingredients as a priority.
Our lifestyle tries to avoid food that is high in carbs and replaces them with foods you can eat that are low in carbs and a perfect keto replacement.
How to get started on a keto diet and lifestyle
Are you looking for an easy way to start your lifestyle? You’re in luck!
A comprehensive ultimate great keto diet grocery list is the perfect starting point. With this helpful list, you’ll be able to stock your pantry and refrigerator with all the necessary ingredients to begin your keto journey.
From healthy fats and proteins to low-carb vegetables, fruits and condiments, this ultimate grocery list will help make sure you have everything you need for success. Whether you are just starting or need a refresher on some basics, this comprehensive list has it all.
Foods to eat on a keto diet include fatty fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, non-starchy vegetables (such as leafy greens), full-fat dairy products (like cheese and yogurt), avocados, olives, oils (like olive oil and coconut oil) and meat.
How to make a keto pantry
1. Stock up on low-carb staples: The best way to start building your keto pantry is to stock up on low-carb basics. Some of the most important items include almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, coconut oil, and olive oil.
2. Get a variety of nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are an essential part of the keto diet due to their high fat and protein content. Some of the best options include walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and hemp hearts.
3. Buy healthy fats: Healthy fats are essential for helping you stay in ketosis and should be included in every meal or snack. Coconut oil, olive oil, butter/ghee, avocado oil, and MCT oil are all great choices.
4. Stock up on low-carb sweeteners: To satisfy a sweet tooth without going over your carb limit, it’s crucial to have a few different types of low-carb sweeteners on your hand, such as fresh stevia powder or monk fruits.
5. Make unsweetened nut butter: Nut butter can help add flavor and texture to meals while providing healthy fats.
Easy keto meal plan preparation
An easy keto diet is a lifestyle focusing on avoiding food higher in carbs and offering a healthy meal replacement high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
With our blog filled with various recipes, you can easily prepare a keto meal plan for the whole year.
Putting together a keto eating plan with fewer carbs or minimal grams of net carbs using our keto grocery list to help has never been easier.
Before you start your shopping list, plan out a few meals. Ensure that your shopping list has a variety of items. This will make weekly menus and grocery list simpler.
Once your pantry is filled with our recommended ingredients, it is super easy to whip up delicious food.
The biggest question for beginners is the bread. How do I stop eating bread? The answer is simple. You do not have to give up on bread at all. With our vast choice of various keto bread recipes, you can pick your favorite and have them in the freezer all the time.
And even though salads are fully keto, the dressing and sauces might add many carbs. But for that, we also have a solution and salad recipes.
Best keto grocery shopping list guides
1. Focus on Low-Carb Staples: When shopping for the keto diet, focus on low-carb staples such as meat, eggs, nuts, low-carbohydrate vegetables, and healthy fats.
2. Purchase Whole Foods: Opt for whole foods over processed foods to get the most out of your keto diet. Whole foods are less likely to contain added sugars or artificial ingredients that can disrupt your progress.
3. Stock Up on Frozen Vegetables: Frozen vegetables are an excellent option for those following a keto diet since they’re quick and easy to prepare and usually lower in carbohydrates than their fresh counterparts.
4. Buy Healthy Fats: Healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, butter, and ghee should be staples in the keto kitchen since they provide energy and help you stay satiated between meals.
5. Avoid Sugary Drinks: Sugary drinks such as soda, juice, and energy drinks should be avoided while following a keto diet since they contain too many carbohydrates to fit into a low-carb meal plan.
Keto shopping list for beginners
The ketogenic diet has become increasingly popular among health-conscious people, and for a good reason. Eating keto requires drastically reducing the amount of carbs you consume, leveling your blood sugar, and replacing them with high-fat, keto-friendly foods like grass-fed beef, eggs, and certain types of fish.
With a well-crafted keto grocery list, you can get all the nutrients your body needs while following this low-carb diet. Whether you’re just starting the ketogenic diet or looking to improve your excellent keto eating habits, this comprehensive, easy keto diet shopping list gives you everything you need to stock up on the best keto foods available.
In addition to providing the names of low-carb products, we have a how-to guide to prepare you for the first few days and avoid “keto flu” that some may experience when transitioning from a high-carbohydrate diet.
How do you shop for keto at the grocery store?
Having our list printed will help you enormously when going shopping.
Here are a few tips that might help:
Prepare your list
Have a list with all of the items you need prepared and written. This will help you focus on what you need rather than what looks good.
Read the labels
Always read the labels. At least at the beginning, until you get accustomed to keto shopping. Many products contain sugars and other ingredients you might not even think of.
Eat before going shopping
Never go shopping on an empty stomach.
When we are hungry, we tend to buy food, we would love to eat at that moment. And that includes snacks and ready-made dishes, which we might finish before reaching the cashier.
Keto food list for beginners
Following is a list of foods you should have in your kitchen when starting keto. Pick a few items from each section for the beginning.
Later on, as you stock up, you will see and find some items you want to try and experiment with, and those might be added.
Remember, keto is not expensive. It is slightly at the beginning of your journey when you change and replace a whole pantry. An example is Xanthan gum. It might seem costly, but you need a tiny pinch for the recipe, and a small bottle will last a long time.
Best keto diet shopping list
Here we go with the list of all the items you can pick from when shopping.
Low carb vegetables
- Green Beans
- Butterhead Lettuce
- Brussel Sprout
- Alfafa Sprouts
- Fresh Herbs
- Wild Berries
- Pork Rinds
- Deli Meats
Fish and seafood
- Tuna Fish
- Whipped Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Bacon Grease
- Cream Cheese
- Colby Jack
- Monterey Jack
- Swiss Cheese
Fats and oils
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Canola oil
- Avocado oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Fish oil
- Peanut oil
- Sesame Oil
Nuts and seeds
- Brazil nuts
Using a nut of your choice, you can easily prepare and store nut butter in your fridge for late use. Following the exact instructions as our natural peanut butter recipe, using a solid blender, you will get smooth butter without any additional ingredients.
- Yellow mustard
- Mixed seasonings
- Hot sauces
Homemade Seasoning Recipes
Low-carb pasta alternatives
Whether you pick store-bought shirataki noodles, kelp noodles, or make your own, I have prepared a comprehensive post including all of the recipes and choices for keto pasta alternatives.
- Monk Fruit
- Yacon Syrup
Our post discusses keto, low-carb, and sugar-free sugar substitutes.
You can also make homemade sweeteners following our recipes.
The list of various keto flours is so extensive that it would not fit all in here, and therefore I have an entire post dedicated to all of the various options we have in our lifestyle.
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Oat fiber
- Psyllium fiber
- Xanthan gum
- Sparkling Water
- Club Soda
- Coffee Black
- Tea Black
- Herbal Tea
- Diet Soda
Having a snack from time to time is a story we all go through. And our wast choice of snacks made with only the best ingredients will help you in your journey.
Foods to avoid
A low-carb, high-fat diet can benefit weight loss, heart health, and blood sugar control. However, if you’re new to following the keto diet, knowing which foods you should avoid can be tricky. Fortunately, you can take some simple steps to ensure your favorite foods fit into your keto-friendly grocery list.
Calculating net carbs is a great way to determine which foods should be avoided. Plus, with plenty of easy keto recipes, it’s easy to make delicious meals that align with the keto diet.
The best way to stick to a diet is to make sure you have healthy options available.
Major foods to avoid
- sugary drinks such as soda, fruit juice, and sports drinks
- grains such as wheat, corn, and rice
- starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes
- processed snacks such as chips and crackers
- unhealthy fats like vegetable oils and margarine
- high-sugar fruits like bananas, grapes, and oranges
- dairy products with added sugars, like ice cream and yogurt
- alcohol like beer and sugary mixed drinks
- refined carbohydrates like white bread, pastries, and pasta
These foods are all high in carbs and will make it difficult for you to reach your goals on the keto diet. Remember, there is always a keto substitute to every food.
Free printable: Best keto grocery list
Here you have a great list to print for your own use by clicking on this PDF document.
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Pin for later
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.