This Best Ever Keto Farmers Bread with Fiber looks, feels, tastes, and smells like a Real Artisan Bread you have been used to. Made with Oat Fiber or Potato Fiber with an option of proofing with Yeast, this keto bread is as close as you can get, fully low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and diabetic friendly.
Best Keto Bread
The Number 1 Keto Bread has been born. This is the best Keto Bread in the whole world, which not only looks real but also tastes and smells like a real loaf of bread. You bake it once and will never change for something else.
This is the real deal. This Keto Farmers Bread is the BEST bread ever in our Low Carb lifestyle.
This recipe is on our Top 10 Best Low Carb & Keto Recipes of 2018.
Recipes for Keto Bread
Even though we have a significant number of keto bread recipes on the blog, our keto farmer’s bread tops it all up.
But as this post is about keto bread, I am sure you are looking for some other bread to try. After you make our artisan farmer’s bread, give it a try and go for Low Carb Buns, our second favorite. The white texture gives you the real white buns feeling. Now all the buns in the freezer are left and taking space because I need to fit our farmers bread in there as well.
Perfect for making breakfast sandwiches, I suggest Protein Buns, Keto Fiber Bread Rolls Recipe, also made from oat fiber, Easy Keto Everything Bagels Recipe with Keto Flours, or the popular Quick and Easy Yogurt Keto Chaffle Sandwich Recipe with yogurt as a base.
There are, of course, much more choices, but that is not what this post is all about.
If keto bread is also gluten-free depends on the ingredients used. On our blog, every single bread or every single recipe I prepare is entirely gluten-free.
Gluten-Free Artisan Bread you will surely enjoy is here, waiting for you to make.
What is Artisan Bread?
For those, who are not familiar with the name, artisan bread, farmers bread, or rustic bread, is a bread that has been made for centuries. Mainly in the villages, where the bread was made out of fresh ingredients, shaped by hand, baked in an open oven without it being in a bread form, and consumed immediately. Artisan bread would not last for days and could not be stored in plastic containers.
As you see in our images, farmers bread has that authentic rustic look on the outside with an almost broken crunchy outer layer and fluffy white soft consistency of a loaf from the inside.
Is Keto Bread healthy and good for you?
Yes, keto bread is healthy as it uses the best ingredients. Our keto artisan bread contains lots of Fiber, which is great for our digestion, and if you compare it to bread made out of regular flour, there is no comparison.
Keto Farmers Bread Inspiration
The inspiration I got to make this recipe came from the internet. We saw this one day when we were scrolling on Pinterest, just looking for some low-carb inspirations. I wish I could have come up with this fantastic idea, but I did not.
We saw an image of the bread looking like it does not belong there. And I was really sure it was a normal loaf with real flour, and it just got into our feed by accident. So we looked further, and realized, it actually was low-carb. My daughter asked me to try and bake it because it looked like, WOW.
For the whole week, I have tried to research who was the founder of this recipe because I wanted to give her an acknowledgment and the further I got was Daggi from Germany, a very popular Low-Carb Blogger with a great Facebook Page.
High Fiber Bread
Our recipe is filled with fiber, and that is exactly what everyone is looking for. A diet high in fiber is the best you can give your body. And to produce and bake high fiber bread recipe, which you can enjoy daily, is a great advantage.
As we all know fiber has got lots of benefits, just to name a few:
- Normalizes bowel movements.
- Help maintain bowel health.
- It helps in maintaining great cholesterol levels.
- Helps control blood sugar levels.
- Aids in achieving a healthy weight.
The Secret Ingredient – Potato Fiber
Potato Fiber was one ingredient I had never heard of. But this made all the difference. It is a Fiber from potatoes. I read about it a few years ago, but I was reluctant to try it just because it always said potatoes. I did not believe that it had no or very few carbs.
Fiber Flour made out of potatoes is a popular ingredient in a low-carb world in Sweden and Germany. For your information, it has only 8g of carbs in 100 grams (equivalent to the almond meal), and it contains 65g of Fiber.
After we saw the bread, we saved the recipe, and I ordered 1small box of Fiber to try.
Since my daughter is also a T1 diabetic, we had the pleasure of seeing what happens to her blood sugar after consuming it. I can tell you a STRAIGHT LINE. This is magical. The bread tastes like real bread and does not raise blood sugar.
After we made this and checked the sugar, the next thing was to go onto Amazon and order five more boxes, just in case we ran out of it. I suggest you give this Fiber a try and order at least one box.
Do you see how excited I am? I can write a whole book about this bread. And that’s me or us, who are already more than five years on low-carb.
Is there an alternative to Potato Fiber?
Living in Europe, we have potato fiber available on amazon or other internet sources. But I have realized this is not the case with our US readers.
We do have a solution.
I have found a few discussions where people in the US were substituting potato fiber with an Oat Fiber and bought one.
Realized, oat fiber gives identical texture, taste, look and smell to our farmers bread as potato fiber does.
Oat fiber, which is widely available in the US, is very similar in consistency, nutrition and is a perfect replacement for potato fiber in this recipe.
Just make sure, when ordering, it is a fiber and not flour or starch, as some might get confused.
Is oat fiber keto?
Oat fiber is fully keto as it contains a minimal amount of carbohydrates and is filled with pure fiber.
Oat Fiber Recipes
Whole list of all Oat Fiber Recipes is for you to look at as well.
Those are just a few, but we have much more on the site.
How To Make Keto Bread
Let us go to the recipe of this already famous Keto Farmers Bread, so you do not complain I write too much.
Below are all of the steps. I will include all the possible questions people asked after years of making my recipe and enjoying it thoroughly.
I apologize in advance for such a long post, but after updating it and seeing all of the questions my readers asked, I wanted to try and mention it here, so you do not make the same mistakes.
All the questions and answers are crucial for you to get the best result using my recipe.
I have also included a step-by-step video instruction, where you can see what type of quark I use and how the consistency of bread should look before shaping it and baking it in the oven to get those results.
I have now added a recipe on How to make your own Farmers Cheese or a Quark Cheese. It is great to make on your own. Easy.
Oat Fiber Keto Bread Recipe
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Quark – you can make your own using our farmers cheese recipe or curd cheese made in an Instant Pot.
- Potato Fiber or Oat Fiber
- Ground Psyllium Husk
- Baking Powder
- Boiling Water – can be replaced with Homemade Whey
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE BEST LOW-CARB BREAD
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all of the ingredients.
Potato fiber can be replaced with Oat fiber.
Psyllium Husk needs to be ground. Eggs at room temperature.
Boiling water can be replaced with Homemade Natural Whey Drink, which adds more taste and probiotics to our loaf.
Second Step: Whisk your eggs
First, using your kitchen machine, whisk eggs together with a dash of salt until fluffy.
Third Step: Add and whisk the rest of the Ingredients
Once your eggs are whisked, start adding all other ingredients. I usually whisk all of the quark in and then add dry ingredients with boiling water one by one, alternating and letting the machine whisk all together.
Fourth Step: Mixed Consistency and let it set
Mix until all ingredients are in, and everything is thoroughly mixed. As quark is very dry, you might see white patches of quark not fully dissolved in the mixture. That is not a problem because it all gets thoroughly combined while baking.
Check as per our video for consistency. If your mixture looks too liquid, add more oat fiber.
Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
At this stage, heat your oven to 150 Celsius or 300 Fahrenheits.
Fifth Step: Shape and sprinkle
After 20 minutes of rest, take the dough and shape it into a bread loaf. I suggest shaping it into longer and thinner, almost like baguette style, to ensure the middle is fully baked.
Once you have your shape, place the loaf onto the silicone sheet or a parchment paper covered baking sheet and sprinkle the top with extra oat fiber. This will give your bread that well-known artisan rustic-looking white coating.
Sixth Step: Cut and bake
Cut a few lines into your loaf using your spatula or knife to authenticate the natural-looking bread even more.
Place into the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
Tips and Tricks:
- Video – please check the video for more ideas on the consistency of the loaf before baking
- Quark – you can make your cheese using our farmers cheese recipe or curd cheese made in an Instant Pot.
- Water – our Homemade Natural Whey Drink could be added as a replacement for water to add more taste and probiotics to our loaf.
- Shape – to get the middle properly baked, shape your loaf longer and thinner
- Psyllium Husk – needs to be ground.
- Yeast addition – Instead of 100ml boiling water, dissolve 2 teaspoons of Inulin + 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast in 100 ml warm water ~112°F and set aside until proofed, then added to the mixture followed by the vinegar.
- Harder crust – take the bread out 10 minutes early, brush with butter, and put it back in the oven on high for the remaining time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Substitution for Quark
As a substitute for quark, you can use farmers cheese, curd cheese, dry cottage cheese or dry cream cheese. The most important thing is that whatever you choose, it needs to be dry with almost all of the liquid out.
Please check our video for consistency.
Please reduce the water quantity if you feel your cheese is not dry enough.
Substitution for potato fiber
Using oat fiber, readily available everywhere, is a perfect replacement for the potato fiber I have used in the original recipe. I have already made this rustic farmer’s bread with oat fiber and can confirm it is the same as using other fiber.s
Is potato fiber the same as potato flour?
Here you have to be careful whether you are buying oat fiber or potato fiber.
Flour or starch are entirely different ingredients and can not be substuítute for fiber. You have to buy fiber. It is the one that is allowed in our lifestyle as it has minimal carbohydrates and does not raise the blood sugar in diabetics.
If I want to make this bread in bun size, how long should I keep it in the oven?
I would suggest 45-50 min for mini bun sizes. Big burger-size buns might need to be in the oven for longer.
What do you need this bread to go with?
When I was a kid, we used always to have bread with our Bone Broth, or this time our Keto Egg Drop Soup. Why? I have no idea, but my dad and many friends still need bread to go with whatever soup.
A perfect combination to add is the complimenting color of our Oven Roasted Beets Spread Recipe.
Could we add Yeast to the recipe?
I have decided to add a comment from one of our dear followers Sherry, for all of us to be able to check all the spot-on points, as well as try this Recipe with the addition of the Yeast. I do hope it will be beneficial to some of you.
Keto Yeast Bread
I proofed 2 teaspoons yeast with 2 teaspoons Inulin in 100 ml of warm water (mine was 112°F) for about 5 minutes until it was very foamy. I added the yeast mix and vinegar at the very end of mixing, then covered it for 20 minutes. I must confess that I forgot to add the queso and cream cheese before I added the dry ingredients, and I may continue to change that order because it may help me to control the moisture added by the cheese. I know how I want the mixture to look and feel before adding the yeast and vinegar.
The taste was very good and a bit milder than the original, but while it was baking the aroma was heavenly! The psyllium flavor was not as pronounced, and the texture was very close to regular bread.
The loaf didn’t fall after cooling
and was very easily sliced into 20 portions.The eggs and salt were mixed at high speed with a whisk attachment for 10 minutes – really fluffy!Used 100 grams oat fiber since potato fiber isn’t available here. I used 275 grams queso fresco and 100 grams cream cheese instead of quark, since I can’t get plain quark here. I think farmer’s cheese in a slightly reduced amount would also work. It’s wetter than the queso, but I’m going to try that next time and use about 325-350 grams of farmer’s cheese.Psyllium and baking powder were the same amounts (30 grams and 16 grams). I also added 2 Tablespoons xylitol just to sweeten it up a bit.The bread with Yeast addition is much lighter and airier, with lots of small holes throughout. When lightly pressed in the center of a slice, it mostly rebounds instead of staying dented. It still has a nice crust, which browned during baking.I used 300°F since my my oven only indexes 5°F per adjustment, so I baked for 100 minutes.The calorie count will go up due to the queso and cream cheese but carbs should be about the same as if using quark. I am more concerned with carbs than calories anyway.
Nutrition as follows per 1/20th recipe:58 calorie6g fat1 net carb (5.5g carb – 4.5g fiber)6g protein
How do you store Keto Farmers Bread?
Our rustic artisan bread is made from fresh ingredients, so it does not last very long. I usually keep a few slices in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days, and the rest always freeze.
Can Keto Bread be Frozen?
Yes, and that’s what I do all the time. I usually bake 3-4 loafs in one go. Let them cool, cut each loaf into four pieces and place them into the Freezer.
In that way, I am done with baking for a while, and there is always bread at home. All you have to do is to take it out the night before.
Additional Keto Bread Recipes
- Protein Buns
- Keto Savory French Toast aka Eggy Keto Bread
- Raw Seed Keto Crackers Bread
- Keto Steamed Bread – Dumplings – Servietenknödel
- Quick and Easy Yogurt Keto Chaffle Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Flaxseed Keto Wraps Recipe
- Keto Fiber Bread Rolls Recipe
- Sweet Keto Challah Bread Recipe (Braided)
- Low Carb Buns
- Keto Almond Flour Biscuits
- Homemade Keto Bread Crumbs
- Keto Brioche Bread
- Almond Flour Keto Taco Shells
- Easy Keto Everything Bagels Recipe with Keto Flours
- How To Make Keto Fiber Tortillas
Other Oat Fiber Recipes
- How To Make Keto Fiber Tortillas
- Keto Fiber Noodles
- Keto Fiber Bread Rolls Recipe
- Keto Farmers Bread with Fiber
- Low Carb Fettuccine Noodles
- Keto Spaghetti – is made with bamboo fiber but can be replaced by oat fiber or potato fiber.
- Quick and Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Pasta
- How To Make Homemade Keto Soup Noodles
- Easy Keto Fettuccine Alfredo with Homemade Noodles
- Low Carb Spaghetti Bolognese
- Italian Keto Pasta Marinara Recipe
- Chicken Noodle soup
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- 400 grams (2 Cups) Quark ( have used the crumbly one) You can also try the Farmers Cheese, Curd Cheese Dry cream cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 100 grams (1 Cup) of Potato Fiber (Oat Fiber)
- 30 grams (1/3 Cup) Ground Psyllium Husk
- 1 Packet of Baking powder (16 grams or 1Tablespoon+1teaspoon)
- 100 millilitres (1/2 Cup) of boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Quark can be made on your own following our recipe for farmers cheese recipe or curd cheese. Potato fiber can be replaced with Oat fiber.
- First, using your kitchen machine, whisk eggs together with a dash of salt until fluffy.
- Once your eggs are whisked, start adding all other ingredients. I usually whisk all of the quark in and then add dry ingredients with boiling water one by one, alternating and letting the machine whisk all together.
- Check as per our video for consistency. If your mixture looks too liquid, add more oat fiber. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. At this stage, heat your oven to 150 Celsius or 300 Fahrenheits.
- After 20 minutes of rest, take the dough and shape it into a bread loaf. I suggest shaping it into longer and thinner, almost like baguette style, to ensure the middle is fully baked. Once you have your shape, place the loaf onto the silicone sheet or a parchment paper covered baking sheet and sprinkle the top with extra oat fiber.
- Cut a few lines into your loaf using your spatula or knife to authenticate the natural-looking bread even more. Place into the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Video - please check the video for more ideas on the consistency of the loaf before baking
- Quark - you can make your cheese using our farmers cheese recipe or curd cheese made in an Instant Pot.
- Water - our Homemade Natural Whey Drink could be added as a replacement for water to add more taste and probiotics to our loaf.
- Shape - to get the middle properly baked, shape your loaf longer and thinner
- Psyllium Husk - needs to be ground.
- Yeast addition - Instead of 100ml boiling water, dissolve 2 teaspoons of Inulin + 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast in 100 ml warm water ~112°F and set aside until proofed, then added to the mixture followed by the vinegar.
- Harder crust - take the bread out 10 minutes early, brush with butter, and put it back in the oven on high for the remaining time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 33Total Fat 1gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 4gProtein 2g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
And here is the list of our Keto breads, we have managed to get into a perfection:
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.