Those quick, easy and delicious 3 Cheese Keto Zucchini Boats with Bacon are done in minutes and contain only 2 grams of net carbs per serving. Made with few ingredients and fully low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and diabetic-friendly, those stuffed zucchini boats are perfect for a family dinner everyone enjoys.
Those easy-to-make baked Keto Bacon Zucchini Boats filled with blue cheese will make your dinner memorable and unforgettable. And as a leftover breakfast, you will ask for it more and more.
Keto Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini, one of the most popular vegetables not only in low-carb lifestyles but also in between healthy-conscious individuals, is a vegetable that is available throughout the year.
But when the real zucchini season arrives, we are going full blast with various zucchini recipes weekly.
From the most popular keto snack, our Zucchini Chips are dehydrated every week.
What are Zucchini Boats?
Zucchini Boats are stuffed zucchinis cut in half and baked.
Filled with various proteins, cheeses, and vegetables, you can have a different kind of stuffed zucchini boat daily.
Extra simple to make, and everyone loves them.
There are millions of recipes you find with baked zucchini, and everyone has their favorite. I am sure you have made yours, even without knowing what those are called.
I, for example, have been baking Keto Zucchini Boats for years before I actually found out what they are called. And only then have I realized that they look like tiny little lovely boats filled with your favorite filling.
And, of course, I had to make also stuffed eggplant boats for you.
Zucchini boats are extremely healthy depending on the filling but are usually picked from the best ingredients. As zucchini on its own is one of the top vegetables filled with the proper nutrients, preparing your meal with them is like walking in the park, which even non-keto people enjoy.
Zucchini, a vegetable with a very low amount of carbohydrates, is a big part of the keto and low-carb lifestyle. They are also trendy in the keto world, spiralized into noodles called zoodles.
How Many Calories in Zucchini Boats
Taking our recipe into consideration, as well as a mixture of 3 various cheese options, you get 166 calories per portion, which is one zucchini boat or half of the stuffed zucchini.
How many carbs are in zucchini boats?
Picking only the best ingredients in our recipe, one serving comes to a perfect
3 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber.
Calculating it into net carbs, you get all of the deliciousness from one zucchini boat for only 2 grams of net carbs.
What zucchinis to pick for making stuffed boats?
It is an excellent advantage if you can pick from various zucchinis for making boats.
The best is if you could find zucchinis even in size. It will help in uniform baking while stuffed.
Also, make sure they are as straight as possible. There are lots of zucchinis that are curved, and that is causing problems not only by cutting them in half but also placing them onto the baking dish.
The straighter they are, the more you can fit onto the baking tray, and the easier they are to fill.
Take the ones which are pretty thick and at least medium size. That way, you can fill them with much more cheese and fillings.
Type of zucchini for stuffed boats
The types of zucchinis you choose do not matter. It is just a preference. You can pick yellow or green ones. They all are as delicious as you can imagine.
There are so many types of zucchinis. The best is if you look at The Spruce Eats, where they fully describe every kind of Zucchini and summer squash for you.
Do you eat the skin of zucchini boats?
As I assume, you will pick fresh zucchini as a part of low carb vegetables for making stuffed zucchini boats and skin is part of the deliciousness. Containing all of the fiber, the skin of zucchinis is for sure eaten with the meal.
What filling to use for Keto Zucchini Boats?
As you see on the internet, zucchini can be filled with almost anything. One of the main ingredients is protein and almost always some sort of cheese to give it that lovely stringy feel and cheesy taste.
Some people fill them up the same as they would fill up the pizza; therefore, they really are popular.
What types of Zucchini Boats exist?
Everyone has their popular zucchini boats recipe.
I have picked bacon as a protein because bacon needs to be everywhere.
As a cheese, I’ve selected a combination of soft cream cheese, hard gouda cheese, and flavorful blue cheese. Combining them with fresh herbs gives you an unforgettable experience of your stuffed zucchini boats with the lowest carbohydrate content possible.
Some other popular choices are:
- Vegetarian Zucchini Boats – omit the bacon, and you have our recipe as a vegetarian version
- Mexican Zucchini Boats – add taco seasoning, chopped jalapeno with sprinkled salsa
- Ground Turkey Zucchini Boats – swapping bacon with ground turkey meat
- Zucchini Sausage Boats – add our crumbled homemade sausage in
- Zucchini Taco Boats – add taco meat, some veggies as well as salsa dressing
- Keto Zucchini Boats with Ricotta Cheese – swapping our cheese selection with ricotta
- cheeseburger zucchini boats – using burger meat with cheese
- Zucchini Pizza Boats – slices of salami, tomato base, and lots of cheese will do the trick
- Bacon Zucchini Boats – our recipe
- Cheese Zucchini Boats – also our recipe with probably more herbs added
- Cream Cheese Zucchini Boats – omitting the other 2 kinds of cheese
- Ground Beef Zucchini Boats – swapping bacon with ground beef
- Italian Zucchini Boats – using all Italian spices, mozzarella, and ground beef with marinara sauce
The choices are endless and never stop.
How To Make Keto Zucchini Boats
Finally coming to the actual recipe for you to enjoy my version of the best extra cheesy, stuffed zucchini boats baked with bacon.
Tools To Make Keto Stuffed Zucchini Boats:
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
Keto Zucchini Boats Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Blue Cheese
- Hard Cheese
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS IN THE OVEN
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all of the ingredients for making stuffed zucchini boats. Cut bacon into smaller pieces.
Thoroughly wash the zucchini. Cut each of the zucchinis diagonally halfway through. Make sure they are feely standing on the baking tray to be able to fill them. If not, slice a tiny piece at the bottom.
Second Step: Mix the filling
Heat oven to 190 Celsius or 370 Fahrenheits.
Place all of the fillings as per the recipe into a big bowl and properly mix it all together.
Third Step: Clean the inside
With a spoon or knife, clean the inside of both sides. I normally just take the middle part out, enough for me to be able to fill them with cheese mixture.
You do not have to try and clean it fully. Keep most of the zucchini part in. The baked zucchinis are really tasty even without any filling.
Fourth Step: Fill the Zucchinis
Fill each half of zucchini fully and place them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Fifth Step: Bake and enjoy
Place the filled zucchinis into the oven and bake fully for 30 minutes.
Tips and Tricks for Making Keto Zucchini Boats:
- Shape – try to pick medium zucchini of the same size and straight rather than curvy
- Does not stand – If you experience your zucchini boat not standing straight to fill, slice zucchini lightly on the bottom.
- The inner part of the zucchini – once scooped, can be cut into small pieces and added to the mixture before filling your boats.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to serve with Keto Zucchini Boats?
There are many choices to choose from what to eat with zucchini boats.
In our family, we like to with any type of fresh salad. They are also perfect with roasted Brussels Sprouts or baked mushrooms or carrots.
Some of the great sides to serve with stuffed zucchinis are:
- Green goddess salad
- Pumpkin fries
- Keto french fries
- Broccoli salad
- Cheese Puffs
- Crispy Keto Tortilla Chips
- Extra Crispy Keto Tater Tots Croquettes
- Fermented Dill Pickles
How to make Zucchini Boats on the Grill?
Making those lovely Keto Zucchini Boats on the grill is also a perfect idea, especially when all of the BBQ starts and grilling season is around the corner. All you have to do is prepare them as mentioned above and just place them onto the grill.
Having the grill closed halfway is great, so you get all that cheese melting and bacon fully cooked.
And do not forget, you can also make them in an Instant Pot and Air Fryer. I have not tried it, but I have read about a few people making it. It must be delicious as well.
How do you store Keto Zucchini Boats?
They are perfect for a leftover breakfast or lunch the next day. Just keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
Zucchini boats do not even need to be reheated. They are tasty, both cold or warmed up as well. Choice is really yours.
Stored in the fridge, they are great for up to 3-4 days. But if longer, better freeze them.
Can you reheat Zucchini Boats?
Yes, you can undoubtedly reheat stuffed zucchini if you wish. I would suggest reheating them again in the preheated oven. In that way, you still get the crispiness back on.
Do not use microwaves, as they will become pretty soft and chewy.
Can Zucchini Boats be frozen?
If you freeze zucchini boats, place them in a sealable container or Ziploc Bag. If you want to stack them, place parchment paper in between zucchini. This will prevent the Keto Zucchini Boats from sticking to one another. Also, it will be easier for you to take as many pieces as you need once ready to consume
I guess enough talking and writing, and let us go to the recipe.
Other Keto Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Chips
- Keto Crispy Baked Zucchini in Oven
- Smoked Paprika Zucchini Chips
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Stuffed Zucchini Mini Bites
- Zucchini Au Gratin
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- 3 Zucchini
- 100 grams (1 Cup ) pre-cut Bacon
- 50 grams (3 Tablespoons) Cream Cheese
- 100 grams (1 cup) Blue Cheese
- 100 grams (1 Cup) Gouda Cheese
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves cut
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients for making stuffed zucchini boats. Cut bacon into smaller pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 370F. Place all of the fillings as per the recipe into a big bowl and properly mix it all together.
- Cut each of the zucchinis diagonally halfway through. With spoon or knife, clean the inside of both of the sides.
- Fill each half of zucchinis fully and place them onto a baking sheet covered with Parchment Paper.
- Place the filled zucchinis into the oven and bake fully for 30 minutes
- Shape - try to pick medium zucchini of the same size and straight rather than curvy
- Does not stand - If you experience your zucchini boat not standing straight to fill, slice zucchini lightly on the bottom.
- The inner part of the zucchini - once scooped, can be cut into small pieces and added to the mixture before filling your boats.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 13gCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gProtein 11g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.