Learn How To Make Super Simple Gluten Free Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe in the comfort of your home in just a few minutes. This Sugar Free Seasoning is a perfect mixture of Mexican Spices and great Substitution for your Taco Packets.
I add it everywhere. Even into the actual Taco Shells. The flavor it gives is just unreal.
Having this perfect Homemade Keto Spice Mix at home in your Kitchen Pantry will make sure you will never ever miss Taco Tuesday. Even if it is a holiday and all the shops and restaurants are closed. Even if it’s close to midnight already and you still want a bit. Pick one of our Taco recipes and get rolling.
Our DIY Taco Seasoning is here for the rescue. Always.
Taco Seasoning Packets
Living in Europe, it is not easy to get Taco Spice mixture in the shops. If I get lucky, I might find it in the specialty shops, but then, when I read all of the ingredients, I return it back immediately.
And I simply do not understand, why would someone have a need to add starches, sugar, cornmeal, preservatives and so on.
Making your own Low Carb Taco Seasoning does not cost much, is done in seconds and you can store it for at least a year.
Best Keto Taco Seasoning you can get is always homemade.
Taco Packets made at home
I have calculated and made the mixture in a way that it is almost equivalent to the store bought taco packets. So here goes the calculations:
For 1 pound of meat, you usually need 1 packet of old el paso taco seasoning, which is approximately 2 tablespoons of our Keto taco Seasoning ingredients Mix.
Keto Taco Seasoning for 1 Pound equals to 2 Tablespoons of our homemade gluten-free keto taco seasoning.
Any seasonings, that includes dry herbs, have some kind of carbohydrates in it.
The amount depends on what addition is in there. If you have a store bought taco seasoning and starches or sugar are added, then you have to really calculate that in.
But if you do have your own DIY Taco Seasoning made at home, even though it does contain a tiny bit of carbs, it is almost non-existent.
Our Taco spice recipe contains 3 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of Fiber for 1 Tablespoon or 1/2 packet of the seasoning.
Like any food, or any seasonings, the amount of calories depends on what exactly and how much of it you put in.
With our Keto Friendly Taco Seasoning, 1 Tablespoon of the spice contains 11 calories.
List of Spices for Taco Seasoning
Homemade Keto Taco Seasoning Herbs and Spices:
- Chili Powder – main ingredient in any Taco seasonings. It gives that perfect spicy flavor to all of the Taco dishes
- Smoked Paprika – additionally to chili, where paprika is already combined, smoked paprika adds not only flavor, but beautiful bright color to your meals
- Garlic Powder – as dry garlic is dehydrated and no additional spiciness included, you can add more of it if you do like the flavor
- Onion Powder – together with garlic it is a must herb in your mixture
- Dry Oregano – with it great healthy benefits and great strong flavor, this herb is always searched for to use
- Cumin – with its distinctive aroma and flavor used to blend chili powder with
- Salt – one spice, that is a must in all of your seasoning
- Black Pepper – combines and finishes the great flavor of Mexican spices.
Recipes you can use Keto Taco Seasoning in:
- Keto Salsa
- Keto Salad Dressing
- Keto Taco Shells
- Keto Tacos
- Keto Taco Cups
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Taco Soup
How to make Gluten Free Keto Taco Seasoning Recipe
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Glass Bowl
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dry Oregano
- Black Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON DIY HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING
First Step: Prepare all Ingredients For Taco Mix
First of all, prepare all of your ingredients or spices to be precise.
With regards to the measurements, I have mixed them to get that right Mexican flavor you get from store bought sachets.
Second Step: Add one by One
Using a bigger bowl, start adding all of the spices one by one into the bowl.
Start with Chili, which is the highest in amount. Add dry onion, oregano, smoked paprika and cumin.
Third Step: Continue adding spices
Continue adding Garlic powder, black pepper and salt as the last ingredient.
Fourth Step: Mix all together
Using either a whisk or a spoon, start gently mixing and combining all of the spices for Taco seasoning.
Once fully combined, place into your spice jar, mason jar or any glass container, which you can fully close.
Tip and Tricks:
Amount – the amount of each spice or a herb really depends on your taste. I have tried to replicate the store bought packets with amounts.
Uses – always add Taco seasoning after you have finished cooking your ground beef or meat as mostly smoked paprika might get a bit bitter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How To Store Sugar-Free Taco Seasoning?
Our Keto Taco Seasoning can be stored on your kitchen counter or in the Kitchen Pantry.
It is best to store it inside the glass container, which has got a proper sealed cover. My best bet as always are Mason Jars.
How long can you keep homemade Keto Taco seasoning?
As all of the spices in our gluten-free taco seasoning are dried before, this spice mixture can be stored for upto a year in a sealed glass container.
Pin For Later.
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option.
Thank you for giving us 5 Stars.
- 2 Tablespoons (14 grams) Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (8 grams) Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon (9 grams) Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (7 grams) Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (1 gram) Dry Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon (7 grams) Cumin
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) Salt
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) Black Pepper
- First of all, prepare all of your ingredients or spices to be precise.
- Using a bigger bowl, start adding all of the spices one by one into the bowl.
- Start with Chili, which is the highest in amount.
- Add dry onion, oregano, smoked paprika and cumin.
- Continue adding Garlic powder, black pepper and salt as the last ingredient.
- Using either a whisk or a spoon, start gently mixing and combining all of the spices for Taco seasoning.
- Once fully combined, place into your spice jar, mason jar or any glass container, which you can fully close.
- Amount - the amount of each spice or a herb really depends on your taste. I have tried to replicate the store bought packets with amounts.
- Uses - always add Taco seasoning after you have finished cooking your ground beef or meat as mostly smoked paprika might get a bit bitter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Axe Sickle 20 mL Cork Stopper Glass Bottles Mini Clear Glass Bottles 20 Pcs.
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids
Himalayan Salt - Fine 2 Lb Bag
Frontier Co-op Oregano Leaf, Mediterranean,
The Spice Lab Sweet Paprika Powder - High Color ASTA 120+ - 4.1 oz Shaker Jar – Premium Gourmet Spanish Paprika Vegan Approved All Natural Kosher Non GMO Gluten Free Spice – Rich in Antioxidants
Ball Mason Jars
Serving Size1 Tablespoon
Amount Per Serving Calories 11Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gProtein 0g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.