Our Healthy Green Goddess Salad Recipe is a perfect Keto Salad you can use on various occasions that fits perfectly as an Appetizer for St. Patrick’s Day or any other gathering. Fully Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Diabetic Friendly as well as Sugar-Free, this wonderful Recipe for Green Salad mixed with Green Goddess Dressing will be in your fridge from now on at all times.
Green Goddess Salad
Bright green in color, fresh, flavorful, and nourishing, this Green Goddess Salad Recipe can be used on so many occasions.
- Spread it on our Keto Farmers Bread and make an excellent sandwich for Breakfast
- Use it as a side dish together with Burger Mini Bites
- Add into a bowl for a perfect dip to go with Cheese Bacon Nachos or cucumber chips
- Fill up your Keto Tortillas for great vibrant colors
- Top up Raw Seed Keto Crackers for a great Party Appetizer
- Fill up your party on St.Patrick’s Day as a part of the famous Keto Salads Recipes
Dressing Recipe for Salad
The original Dressing for this beautiful salad is Green Goddess Dressing, which only adds to this perfect greenery and fills the flavors even more.
Once mixed, you will not stop going to your fridge every 5 minutes to take just one bite. Believe me. I did this and could not stop until the bowl was empty.
St. Patrick’s Day
Saint Patrick’s day is approaching us quickly, and this Green Goddess Salad Recipe needs to be placed in the middle of the table.
Of course, around comes more green goddess such as:
- Avocado Burger
- Basil Pesto
- Gnocchi with Fresh Spinach
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Spinach Roulade
- Green Goddess Dip
- Avocado Popsicles
- Wild Garlic Chips
- Spinach Fiber Noodles
- Keto Meatloaf with Leeks
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Zucchini Chips
- Wild Garlic Pesto
- Dill Pickles
- Super Green Cheese Meatloaf
What is a Green Goddess Salad?
The original recipe of Green Goddess Salad was invented by Baked by Melissa when she prepared the salad together with vegan pesto Dressing, in our case Green Goddess Dressing for her girlfriends and it went immediately viral on TikTok and other social media.
The main ingredient of this salad is a Cabbage together with other green vegetables cut into really tiny pieces. It is perfect as a salad and great as a dip or a spread. Mixed with green dressing, it reminds you of guacamole without avocado.
Once made, the best part is it stays fresh in your fridge for up to a week.
This Green Goddess Salad is not only good. It is outstanding, Delicious, extra tasty, terrific, fantastic, incredibly addictive, and the only salad on our table for the last three weeks.
There is no wonder that Melissa made it TikTok Viral.
Considering all of the green goddess salad ingredients and green goddess dressing, this salad recipe is the best you can have in the healthy zone.
This super-rich and extra healthy green goddess salad gives you all of the nutrition you need in your daily requirements in one portion, in one sitting, in just a few bites.
The main ingredient of this green salad recipe is cabbage. It could be perfectly called Cabbage Salad as well. Added to it are cucumbers, fresh green onions, and chives.
Those are the ingredients for the salad base, but you can explore a bit more and add whatever green goddess you have at home. Be it parsley, spinach, basil, lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, celery, leek, zucchini, green chilli pepper, kohlrabi, coriander, and more.
Considering all of the green ingredients being fully in line with the keto lifestyle, together with green goddess dressing, this delicious recipe for green salad is not only fully keto, but low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, vegan as well as diabetic friendly.
As the main ingredient of this green goddess salad is cabbage, let us look into its calories and nutrition.
One hundred grams of shredded cabbage contains only 25 calories, which is not only perfect for our lifestyle but lets us add even more calories throughout the day.
Additionally to its significant content of Vitamin C, K, and B6 and almost no fat, this cruciferous vegetable is great to have in your kitchen pantry when watching your scale comes to mind.
As this leafy green annual vegetable is available throughout the whole year, it’s a perfect addition to our lifestyle.
How many carbohydrates are in a Cabbage?
As 95% of cabbage contains water, a perfect 6 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber for the 100 grams brings you to a perfect 3 grams net carbs for one cup of this shredded goddess.
How To Prepare Green Goddess Salad?
As this TikTok Green Goddess Salad baked by Melissa has been my Inspiration, some adaptation has been done to fulfill our lifestyle even more thoroughly.
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- Sharp knife
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Fresh Spring onions
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING GREEN GODDESS SALAD
First Step: Green Goddess Dressing
If you have not prepared your green goddess dressing in advance, I have a complete recipe with step-by-step and video instructions on how to make it.
It is one of the most straightforward recipes where you place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend it into a perfectly smooth consistency.
Second Step: Green Goddess Salad Ingredients
Prepare all of the ingredients for the green goddess salad.
Every single vegetable needs to be cut into the smallest pieces possible.
That is the most crucial step to make this recipe as authentic and perfect as possible.
Regarding the cabbage, I usually first slice it into tiny streaks, which I then cut into small squares.
The same goes with cucumber, spring onion as well as chives.
Third Step: Cabbage
Once we have all the vegetables cut into small pieces and our green goddess dressing blended, we can start with the salad process.
In a big mixing bowl, first, add your cabbage.
Fourth Step: Cucumber
Into the cabbage, add freshly cut cucumber.
You can either use small cucumbers or half of a big one.
Fifth Step: Fresh Spring Onion
As the third ingredient, fresh spring goes in.
Again sliced into streaks and cut into small pieces.
Sixth Step: Chives
Chive is our last ingredient and could be replaced by any other herbs you have.
Seventh Step: Green Goddess Dressing
Add your green goddess dressing once you have all of the vegetables in a big mixing bowl.
Eighth Step: Mix
Using a spatula or big spoon, gently start folding the green dressing into the vegetables.
Keep mixing and folding until all of the green goddess dressing is covered and the vegetables are mixed.
As you see on our video, you should get the look of almost like avocado guacamole but without avocado.
Tips and Tricks:
- Size – The size of vegetables cut is the most important in this recipe. Everything needs to be cut into the tiniest pieces.
- Additions – any green vegetables can be added, such as parsley, spinach, basil, lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, celery, leek, zucchini, green chili pepper, kohlrabi, coriander, and more.
- Dressing – can be prepared days in advance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to serve with Green Goddess Salad?
As this perfect recipe is not only used as a salad, it could be a great addition to various other Keto Recipes such as:
- Burger Mini Bites
- Cheese Bacon Nachos
- Hasselback Chicken
- Raw Seed Keto Crackers
- Keto Farmers Bread
- Asparagus Quiche
- Italian Baked Chicken
- Italian Breadsticks
- Pumpkin Meatballs
- Tortilla Chips
- Baked Chicken Tenderloins
How do you store Green Goddess Salad?
This green goddess salad could be stored in mason jars for meal preps or in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for approximately a week.
Can you freeze Green Goddess Salad?
You can, of course, freeze our green goddess salad stored in the mason jars, but as all of the vegetables and the dressing are fresh, I would suggest making as much as you can consume within a week.
This green salad is perfect for storing for up to a week, and there should be no need to freeze it.
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
Green Goddess Dressing
- Fresh Lemon Juice from 2 Lemons
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1/3 Cup (13 grams) of Chives
- 1/4 Cup (50 grams) Almond Nuts
- 1/2 Cup (15 grams) Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1/3 Cup (40 grams) Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Green Goddess Salad
- Half (400 grams) Cabbage
- 4 Small Cucumbers or half of the big one
- 5-6 streaks Fresh Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Chives
- If you have not prepared your green goddess dressing in advance, I have a complete recipe with step-by-step and video instructions on how to make it.
- Prepare all of the ingredients for the green goddess salad. Every single vegetable needs to be cut into the smallest pieces possible.
- In a big mixing bowl, first, add your cabbage.
- Into the cabbage, add freshly cut cucumber.
- As the third ingredient, fresh spring goes in.
- Chive is our last ingredient and could be replaced by any other herbs you have.
- Add your green goddess dressing once you have all of the vegetables in a big mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula or big spoon, gently start folding the green dressing into the vegetables.
- Size - The size of vegetables cut is the most important in this recipe. Everything needs to be cut into the tiniest pieces.
- Additions - any green vegetables can be added, such as parsley, spinach, basil, lettuce, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, celery, leek, zucchini, green chili pepper, kohlrabi, coriander, and more.
- Dressing - can be prepared days in advance.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 13gCarbohydrates 8gFiber 4gProtein 5g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.