Our crispy Rainbow Keto Pizza Recipe With Fathead Dough low carb pizza crust made out of almond flour is not only the most beautiful dish you can prepare in minutes. Fathead pizza dough is easy to make and is the best keto pizza crust imaginable. One slice of this keto pizza, and you will feel like you are in heaven.
This rainbow pizza is not only beautiful from the outside but filled with veggies and healthiness, even your kids would approve. It is super yummy, delicious, tasty, and magnificent all at the same time.
Make it on a summer day, pizza night, or winter when you need to light up the house. If you follow a keto diet, you will love this pizza as it is the best recipe to make almost real pizza looking and tasting. Better than chicken pizza or pizza using coconut flour. Trust me.
Fathead Dough Recipes
Fathead dough is so versatile that you can replace it with almost anything that asks for dough. You can even make desserts with it and various other dishes.
If you are interested, I have made the whole post on how to get the best and perfect fathead dough keto recipe every single time.
I have used it already in popular sesame keto crackers, pretzels, Italian breadsticks, eggless breadsticks, or everything bagels crackers. I have even made this delicious asparagus quiche with the mixture.
Best Keto Pizza Crust Recipe
Once you try the crust, you will not stay with this recipe only. Made only with almond flour, egg, and cheese, you need nothing more in this keto pizza crust recipe. Not even coconut flour or cream cheese, as some of the recipes suggest.
Our bacon pizza is another excellent example.
Low Carb Pizza Crust Made With Colorful Tomatoes as Topping?
I have decided to make this lovely rainbow colors pizza after seeing in the market various colors of tomatoes being sold. I had to buy them but was unsure how to use them to my best liking.
As I finally decided to make this favorite pizza, I still had a few lovely colors left.
Well, I just bought much, much more than I needed. As a second recipe, I have decided to make picturesque tomato mozzarella baked chicken, which is also perfect to try.
What Do You Need To Make Best Keto Pizza Recipe?
Let us dive into making this great recipe. I have not added complete steps on making fathead dough, as the whole post is made for you separately. I have also prepared a video with full instructions for those who prefer more visual steps.
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Cooking pot for fathead base
- Rolling pin for fathead base
- Pizza stone – you can also use a baking sheet or pizza pan
- Cheese shredded
- Fathead dough
- Various colors of tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE KETO PIZZA IN RAINBOW FEEL
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all ingredients needed to make this pizza.
Second Step: Prepare the Fathead dough
In the keto fathead pizza dough recipe, I have mentioned all the steps from a complete start to making the dough. You can have a look in case you are not sure how to make this lovely fathead crust the easiest way. To make your keto crust, you only need one cup almond flour, an egg, 2 cups of shredded cheese, and garlic powder if you wish.
Third Step: Bake the Fathead Crust
Once you choose your baking dish for this pizza, be it greased pizza pan, baking sheet, or pizza stone, roll out the dough into a round shape.
Using a fork, make small holes around the spread dough and bake it for 8 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius or 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fourth Step: Prepare Tomatoes
Depending on how many colors of tomatoes you have, cut them into half slices and place each color into a separate bowl. In that way, spreading them once your crust is ready will be much easier.
Fifth Step: Mozzarella
As mentioned a few times, I never buy shredded cheese. They are usually covered with starch for cheese not to stick, and that is a big NO-NO for us.
I always buy all the cheeses in bulk and shred them myself.
Sixth Step: Assemble the pizza
Add shredded mozzarella cheese in the middle of the pizza crust.
Starting from the lightest colors of tomatoes, spread them evenly onto the pizza crust to form a rainbow like looking dish.
Seventh Step: Outer layer
Finish the pizza with the darkest colors or tomatoes around the outer layer.
Eighth Step: Bake
Place assembled pizza back into the oven for another 8 minutes or until the cheese melts and the tomatoes soften.
Ninth Step: Chives
Once the pizza is made and ready to serve, spread chives around the outer layer to give it a beautiful green color.
Do not bake the pizza with chives. Otherwise, they will become brown and not good-looking.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Fathead dough – please check my whole post about making the best and fasted fathead dough for pizza.
- Pizza stone – you can use a pizza stone, baking sheet, or pizza pan.
- Rainbow – start from the lightest colors in the middle up to the darkest around the edges.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Recipes That Pair Well With This Easy Keto Pizza:
Can I Use Other Pizza Topping or Pizza Sauce?
What Other Vegetables Can I Use To Make Rainbow Pizza?
The idea here is to have the colors match into a rainbow.
I have picked tomatoes only because of seeing them all in the market. But if you do not have tomatoes, you can also add different veggies and decorate the pizza however you like.
For example, green, broccoli, or green peppers works perfectly. Asparagus will work lovely as well.
As yellow, you can use yellow peppers.
Darker colors can be achieved by using dark onions or olives, which are also perfect for pizza.
Do I Have to Pre-Bake the Fathead Pizza Crust?
In this particular recipe, I suggest you bake the crust first.
Otherwise it will turn all of the tomatoes or chosen vegetables mushy and darker in color. You want to avoid baking the veggies thoroughly for the rainbow colors to stay vibrant. And if you do not bake the crust first, you will have to keep the pizza in the oven for much longer.
Can I Store Keto Pizza Dough?
If you have tried this recipe, you will realize the dough is extra delicious and great for many recipes. You can double the amount and store leftover keto dough for other lovely recipes.
How Long Can I Store Whole Pizza?
If not eaten immediately, you can store the pizza in the fridge for 2-3 days.
I suggest reheating the pieces in the oven once ready to serve. Using the oven will give back the pizza a lovely texture and taste.
I suggest freezing only the Fathead dough. I do this all the time. Just bake the fathead crust and cut it into desired slices.
Those are then packed into parchment paper and placed into the freezer.
When you are ready to make your pizza, take the frozen keto pizza pieces you need from the freezer and let them thaw.
Add whatever topping you desire and bake again in the oven.
If You Love This Keto Pizza, You Might Also Love:
Pin For Later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe With Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars
- 200 grams (2 Cups) Mozzarella Cheese
- 100 grams (1 Cup) Almond Meal
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Tablespoon (5 grams) Garlic powder
- 3 cups of diced Tomatoes various colors
- 50 grams (1/2 Cup ) Mozarella
- Place a pot on the stove and switch on the medium heat
- Once the pot is heated, add shredded mozzarella and let it melt completely using spatula to mix from time to time
- When mozzarella has melted fully (check video), add almond meal and garlic powder and knead with spatula until both gets properly incorporated
- After you are satisfied with the dough, switch the heat off completely and add egg.
- Knead the egg into the dough to incorporate it fully with spatula
- Heat up the oven to 200 Celsius or 390 Fahrenheit
- Either use the baking pan with parchment paper or pizza stone plate with a bit of oil.
- With your spatula spread the dough throughout the whole surface in either round or rectangular shape. Make sure the thickness of the crust is even
- Using fork, make tiny holes all over the fathead crust for the dough to bake evenly (check video)
- Place it into the oven for 8 minutes
- Shred mozarella and cut chives into small pieces
- Separate tomatoes as per color into bowls and cut half slices placing each color into that particular bowl
- Once the pizza crust is baked, start with placing cheese into the middle
- From the middles start with the lightest tomatoes spreading them evenly.
- Continue with orange, red tomatoes
- Finish the outer layer with the darkest tomato slices
- if you still use chives (later) keep a bit of space at the outer layer for them
- Bake in the oven for another 8 minutes
- Once baked, take it out from the oven and spread all of the chives onto the outer layer of the pizza
- Bon Appetit
- Fathead dough - please check my whole post about making the best and fasted fathead dough for pizza.
- Pizza stone - you can use a pizza stone, baking sheet, or pizza pan.
- Rainbow - start from the lightest colors in the middle up to the darkest around the edges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 225Total Fat 16gCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 16g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.