Make Keto Pretzels Fathead Dough Recipe that gives you soft and chewy addition for your breakfast or brunch with zero net carbs. Serve our low-carb pretzels recipe using famous keto dough with a low carb cheese sauce or cheese dip for your next get-together.
Added as a part of your charcuterie board, dipped into ranch dressing, salsa, guacamole, spread with cream cheese or our cheese dip, those gluten-free soft pretzels are an excellent fathead recipe to try.
Our homemade keto pretzels are so simple and easy to make even your kids would have fun shaping them. These flawlessly tailored best keto bread buns are fully low-carb, grain-free, gluten-free, and diabetic friendly, used as breakfast buns or snacks between meals.
Easy Keto Friendly Breads
Apart from our various keto bread choices, those pretzels are a great addition to our smaller size variations, such as almond flour biscuits, bagels, raw crackers, bread slices, chaffles, breadsticks, fiber bread rolls, or yogurt buns.
Combining them all, you can open your keto bakery and fill your shop with various alternatives we all love in our low-carb lifestyle.
Fathead Dough Recipes
I am making those chewy keto pretzels with our most popular keto dough in the entire universe.
Do you know which dough I am talking about?
Our best fathead dough is super pliable, easy to work with, and simple to tailor for whatever ideas you come up with.
The significant part is, that no yeast in this recipe is involved, but you still get the same outcome. All you need is 3 ingredients for keto dough; the only dry ingredient here is almond flour.
Easy keto dough you must have in your recipe collection because you can transform it into almost anything you wish with only some alternatives and maybe a different flour mixture. Some people mix shredded mozzarella and cream cheese to soften it up, and some even mix almond flour and coconut flour, which is unnecessary. This is a fathead dough, you can even bake cakes with.
Our basic fathead recipe is the easiest way to work with, and I have even made a separate post describing the best ways to use it and the background on how this recipe became so popular within our lifestyle.
Are Pretzels Keto?
Authentic pretzels bought in an ordinary bakery and are far from low-carb.
The great news is that following our recipe, you can bake your own fresh pretzels everyone will love, which fits perfectly with our lifestyle.
Using our famous fathead dough, there is no worry about your blood sugar rising above average range, and even your kids would enjoy it. Those pretzels are keto and great for low carb or keto lifestyles.
You can undoubtedly have pretzels on keto with one exemption. You bake homemade pretzels following our healthy pretzel recipe. The advantage? They will be extra fresh, done in no time, super delicious, and the best low-carb pretzels one can imagine.
Carbs in the Best Keto Pretzels Recipe
I love this recipe because the carb count in this best keto recipe is unbelievable.
Using the recipe, I have made 8 medium size pretzels, of which one piece contains only 1 gram of carbohydrates and one gram of fiber.
Would you Guess Net Carbs?
Well, if we deduct fiber from carbs, we get an incredible 0 grams of net carb per pretzel, which is perfect in size to fill you up as a portion.
Calories in Chewy Pretzels
The calories of our fathead pretzels are worth mentioning as well.
For a portion, which is one middle-sized low-carb pretzel, you get 145 calories.
How to Form Pretzels?
Forming pretzels is pretty simple.
Roll your dough into a log, take one end, and cross it over to the middle, shaping a circle. The same goes for the other end, which crosses the first circle and gets attached in the middle.
For a better explanation, look at the video I filmed, as visual steps are sometimes much clearer.
Toppings for Easy Pretzels
Following our recipe, I have sprinkled our keto pretzels with salt crystals and sesame seeds. It is my favorite choice, but you can alternate or try using different toppings such as:
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- Poppy seeds
- Dry herbs
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Crushed dry onion
How To Make Keto Pretzels
Tools for making gluten-free soft pretzels:
Keto Pretzels Ingredients:
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Almond meal
- Salt crystals
- Sesame seeds
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING FATHEAD PRETZELS RECIPE
First Step: Prepare your Ingredients
Prepare all of your ingredients.
Shredded mozzarella, almond flour, an egg for making a fathead dough and egg, salt crystals, and sesame seeds for finishing those keto pretzels.
At the same time, heat your oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit.
Second Step: Make Fathead Dough
Making the dough is very simple.
To melt the cheese on a stove compared to the microwave gives me the best results at all times.
Melt your shredded mozzarella in a pan and let the cheese melt. Once you have melted cheese, add the almond flour and an egg, and work out the dough until you have a smooth consistency.
If you want more details and descriptions about making the dough, please visit our post dedicated primarily to a fathead dough you can use on various occasions.
Third Step: Portion it
Once you have your smooth dough, portion it into how many pretzels you plan to make. As I have done, divide the dough into 8 pieces for the medium size. If you want bigger breakfast buns, divide them into 4 or 6 pieces.
If you, on the other site, want to make mini pretzels to use as a snack, split the dough into 16 pieces.
Fourth Step: Roll
Take each piece, and on a silicone sheet, roll it into a thinner log.
Fifth Step: Shape
Watching my video steps, form the rolled log into a pretzel shape and place it onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Continue until all of the pretzels are placed on a baking sheet.
Sixth Step: Egg Wash
Once all of the low-carb pretzels are on a baking sheet, whisk one egg in a small bowl, and using a brush, brush up each of the pretzels with an egg wash.
Seventh Step: Toppings
Add toppings of your choice, in our case crystallized salt and sesame seeds.
For additional toppings, check my suggestions above in the post.
Bake the pretzels for 12 minutes until golden brown.
Tips, Tricks, and Recipe Notes To Make These Pretzels:
- Toppings – pick from our favorite mentioned above in the article.
- Size – depending on your size, they could be served as tiny snacks or whole breakfast buns.
- Baking time – depending on the size and amount of pretzels you will bake, the temperature needs to be changed accordingly.
- Shape – you can shape them as pretzels or twist them as mini challah buns.
- Double soft – those keto pretzels are soft and chewy, but you can mix mozzarella cheese and cream cheese for an even more delicate texture.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Pretzels?
Our favorite keto soft pretzels are a great addition to your cold cuts, charcuterie board, or breakfast rolls for a sandwich.
They are also great to snack with one of our dips, such as:
- Ranch dressing
- Green goddess dressing
- Marinara sauce
- Cheese dip
- Salsa dressing
- Greek yogurt
Can you make Pretzel Bites from this Keto Recipe?
Yes, you can even make pretzel bits with this recipe. I have tried to make an actual bun size, where the recipe makes 8 beautifully sized regular pretzels pieces. For the bites, you can cut the dough into 16 pieces and twist into a pretzels, that are mini-bites.
You can also make keto pretzel bites by rolling the dough into a long rope and, using a knife, cut into bites size pieces. Brush those gluten free keto bites with egg wash and bake.
The smaller the bites are, the less time they will need to bake pretzels, and you have to adjust the time accordingly.
How to Store Keto Pretzels?
Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, those gluten-free pretzels are perfect for 3-4 days. Otherwise, I suggest freezing them.
Can Keto Soft Pretzel Dough be Frozen?
Perfect idea, if you ask. It is possible to freeze the dough on its own as well. When ready to use, take it out of the freezer and let it thaw naturally overnight. You can roll, shape, and bake super fresh pretzels in the morning.
Can you Freeze Low Carb Pretzels?
You can freeze those homemade pretzels the same way as any or our perfect keto bread recipes on our site. Place them into a Ziploc bag and freeze.
Once ready to use, take them out of the freezer the night before and let them thaw naturally.
Other Fathead Recipes
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- Prepare all of your ingredients. Shredded mozzarella, almond flour, an egg for making a fathead dough and egg, salt crystals, and sesame seeds for finishing those keto pretzels. At the same time, heat your oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit.
- Melt your shredded mozzarella in a pan and let the cheese melt. Once you have melted cheese, add the almond flour and an egg, and work out the dough until you have a smooth consistency.
- Once you have your smooth dough, portion it into how many pretzels you plan to make. As I have done, divide the dough into 8 pieces for the medium size.
- Take each piece, and on a silicone sheet, roll it into a thinner log.
- Watching my video steps, form the rolled log into a pretzel shape and place it onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Continue until all of the pretzels are placed on a baking sheet.
- Once all of the low-carb pretzels are on a baking sheet, whisk one egg in a small bowl, and using a brush, brush up each of the pretzels with an egg wash.
- Add toppings of your choice, in our case crystallized salt and sesame seeds. Bake the pretzels for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Toppings - pick from our favorite mentioned above in the article.
- Size - depending on your size, they could be served as tiny snacks or whole breakfast buns.
- Baking time - depending on the size and amount of pretzels you will bake, the temperature needs to be changed accordingly.
- Shape - you can shape them as pretzels or twist them as mini challah buns.
- Double soft - those keto pretzels are soft and chewy, but you can mix mozzarella cheese and cream cheese for an even more delicate texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 12gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 1gProtein 8g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.