Those Sugar-Free Yogurt Protein Popsicles are one of the Keto Desserts you can enjoy for your Protein-Enriched Breakfast without guilt. Fully Keto, Gluten-Free, and perfect for Diabetics, our Sugar-Free Ice Cream Pops made with only 3 Ingredients, filled with extra probiotic cultures, Skyr Yogurt contains and only 1 g of Total Carbohydrates is the treat you would not want to miss.
As summer is approaching us, more and more we start thinking of making either some healthy Ice Cream, looking for Popsicle recipes, or anything cold that will benefit from warm weather.
Having some treats, you can enjoy not only as a dessert but a healthy breakfast option is even more exciting. And our Protein Popsicles are not going to be the exception.
Just look at Avocado Popsicles I have on the Blog for a while.
Perfect for breakfast, a treat for kids filled with only the healthiness one can ask for.
And to have Cream Cheese Fat Bombs in the freezer, whenever you need a bite of something delicious can only confirm you can still have sweet treats in our lifestyle and live a happy life filled with nutrition.
Healthy Yogurt Protein Popsicles
The idea to make those popsicles came last summer, when I was browsing in the supermarket looking for some ice cream, that is still and ice, but with lower carbs and more healthy ingredients in it.
Since we do not have as many choices of Keto Treats to buy, like the US has, I was surprised to find Skyr Popsicle.
Have read the ingredients and Nutrition and decided to give it a try.
To my surprise, the slight tanginess coming from Icelandic Skyr Yogurt made me fall in love immediately with this Protein Enriched treat.
Of course, I had to do it homemade and fully sugar-free for all of you.
Is there a Healthy Popsicle?
It is so easy now for me to answer this question.
Big yes, to a Healthy Popsicles.
Yes, they exist and the best part, you can make them at home. Just follow our recipe and enjoy.
Icelandic Skyr Yogurt
A few years ago, I didn’t even know Skyr Existed.
Skyr is a dairy product coming directly from the Island. Filled with cultured probiotics, this yogurt with a tangy flavor has got a similar consistency to Greek Yogurt, but with fewer carbohydrates and more protein.
100g of this goddess contains a whopping 15 g of Natural Protein.
Is this for real?
Exactly what we are looking for.
Now you know what type of yogurt we should use more often.
Skyr contains active live cultures, helping us to maintain our digestions. It is lower in fats as Skyr uses skimmed milk.
Extra rich in probiotic cultures, bacterias Streptococcus Thermophilius and Lactobacillus are a big part, while the fermentation of Skyr is implemented.
Skyr contains more protein, which keeps you full for longer.
The additional amount of milk needed to produce Skyr compared to Yogurt results in a much more nutrient-dense product.
Compared to Greek Yogurt, the consistency of Skyr is much creamier and thicker, which is just what we need for our Low Carb cooking and baking.
Having Skyr higher in Natural Protein and lower in sugar, makes it much healthier for our lifestyle as one would have thought.
Nutritional Values of Sugar-Free Protein Popsicles
Calculating ingredients, needed to make those delicious Skyr Yogurt Protein-enriched Popsicles, prove the nutritional values of our Keto Ice Cream Pops are just out of this world.
With our recipe, you will be able to make either 10 smaller or 6 regular size popsicles.
Taking into account regular size, with only 1g of Carbohydrates, 5g of protein, and only 146 calories, the nutritional value of these frozen treats just shows you can enjoy it and still stay on top of your health.
Basic Skyr Popsicle Recipe
As you might have already realized, most of my recipes are pretty basic with minimal ingredients.
I love to invent simple, yet flavorful recipes and rather add suggestions for additional flavors as well as tastes.
Additional Flavors of Sugar-Free Yogurt Popsicles
Our basic recipe is perfect on its own and for me, that is what I like the most.
But, you can dip it into the Chocolate Magic shell as you see in pictures or add various flavors.
Top of the Pop Keto Flavors are:
- Berries – add a layer of your berries into the Popsicle mold for that extra special beauty
- Vanilla – few drops of Vanilla Extract intensifies the flavor
- Cocoa – whisk in cocoa powder to have perfect Chocolate Yogurt Popsicles
- Granola – mixed in Granola gives you a full-on Breakfast option
- Chocolate Chips – swirled into the basic mixture might be just what you are looking for
- Coffee – few tablespoons of Coffee elevates this perfect morning treat to the next level
- Cookies – crumble one of our Keto Cookies in for that extra special frozen dessert
- Nuts – chopped nuts are always a favorite part of any Popsicles
- Chia Seeds – sprinkled in offers you additional protein if needed
- Nut Butter – swirled into the batter adds extra taste and healthiness in
How To Make Sugar-Free Yogurt Protein Popsicles
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Electric Hand Blender
- Ice Cream Molds Regular Size
- Ice Popsicles Kid-Friendly Size
- Ice Pops Wooden Sticks
- Double Boiler
- Tall Glass for dipping
- Sugar-Free Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
For Full measurements and instructions, please scroll down to Recipe with Print Out Option.
Lakanto has been so
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
So Nourished is offering to all of our readers 10% of ALL of their Products using our Coupon Code: LOWCARBNOCARB10.
STEP BY STEP OF MAKING THE BEST KETO SKYR POPSICLES
First Step: Ingredients
Prepare all of the ingredients.
With regards to the sweetener, the powdered version works the best as it melts in without feeling tiny grains.
If you do not have one on hand at home, powder it inside your Magic Bullet, Blender, or Coffee Grinder.
Heavy Cream is best to use directly from the fridge to get that extra fluffiness.
Second Step: Heavy Cream and Sweetener
Into your glass, add heavy cream together with Powdered sweetener, and whisk until stiff peak forms.
Third Step: Whisk All
Using a glass bowl or the one available, whisk both the Heavy Cream and Skyr Yogurt together until fully combined.
Fourth Step: Fill and Freeze
Fill Popsicle Mixture into your preferred Ice Cream Popsicle Molds.
Place the wooden sticks into each and gently bang against the surface to get rid of all the bubbles that might have formed.
If needed, add a bit more mixture in, level it, and place it into the freezer for 4-6 hours, best overnight.
Fifth Step: Prepare Dipping Chocolate
If you have chosen to cover those popsicles with chocolate coating, prepare your double boiler.
Add Sugar-Free Chocolate cut into smaller pieces, coconut oil, and melt.
Swirl regularly until all incorporated.
Let it cool to room temperature but still liquid.
Sixth Step: Dip
Take out your popsicles from the freezer and pour chocolate dipping sauce into a tall glass wide enough to fit your popsicles in.
One by one, dip your popsicle in and hold for a few seconds.
You will realize the chocolate will harden into the magic shell right in front of your eyes in seconds.
Tips and Tricks
- Nutritional Values – are for Skyr popsicles only. As Chocolate coating is options, I have not added it in
- Sweetener – if you do not have powdered sweetener on hand, run it through Magic Bullet or Coffee Grinder.
- Dipping Chocolate – Pick from either Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate for the magic shell
- Serving – depending on which ice cream popsicle mold you choose, you can get either 6 regular or 10 kid-friendly pieces
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How Long Do You Need to Freeze popsicles?
Depending on the size of the popsicle mold you are using, your Popsicles should be fully frozen after approximately 4-6 hours.
I do prefer them kept in the freezer overnight, especially if I am planning to still dip them into the chocolate Magic Shell.
How to get popsicles out of the mold?
It is not always the easiest to get your frozen popsicles out of the mold.
The best and easiest way is to let the outside of frozen popsicle mold run through warm water for a few seconds.
Subsequently, try pulling your popsicle holding the wooden stick and you will feel it when the ice is released.
If not, run it with warm water a few seconds more and try again.
How to store protein popsicles?
To store any Ice Popsicles you have few choices.
- You can keep them in the mold if you are not in the need to use them again.
- Take all of the popsicles out of the mold and store them in the air-tight container stuck on top of each other.
- Take each popsicle out of the mold, cover them with Cling Film and store them in your freezer.
Pin For Later
Need a Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly new Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 Stars.
- 1 Cup (140g & 5 ounces) Sugar-Free Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 250g (1 Cup) Skyr Yogurt
- 230g (1Cup) Heavy Cream
- 25g (3Tbsp) Sweetener
- Into your glass, add heavy cream together with Powdered sweetener, and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Using a glass bowl or the one available, whisk both the Heavy Cream and Skyr Yogurt together until fully combined.
- Fill Popsicle Mixture into your preferred Ice Cream Popsicle Molds.
- Place the wooden sticks into each and gently bang against the surface to get rid of all the bubbles that might have formed.
- If needed, add a bit more mixture in, level it, and place it into the freezer for 4-6 hours, best overnight.
- If you have chosen to cover those popsicles with chocolate coating, prepare your double boiler.
- Add Sugar-Free Chocolate cut into smaller pieces, coconut oil, and melt.
Swirl regularly until all incorporated. Let it cool to room temperature but still liquid.
- Take out your popsicles from the freezer and pour chocolate dipping sauce into a tall glass wide enough to fit your popsicles in.
- One by one, dip your popsicle in and hold for a few seconds.
- You will realize the chocolate will harden into the magic shell right in front of your eyes in seconds.
Nutritional Values - are for Skyr popsicles only. As Chocolate coating is options, I have not added it in
Sweetener - if you do not have powdered sweetener on hand, run it through Magic Bullet or Coffee Grinder.
Dipping Chocolate - Pick from either Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate for the magic shell
Serving - depending on which ice cream popsicle mold you choose, you can get either 6 regular or 10 kid-friendly pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Pop
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 7gCarbohydrates 1gProtein 3g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Keto Desserts E-Book
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth? Explore your next 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes. Never seen before, all filled with Macros, majority of recipes with only 1g of Total Carbs per Serving, Clear and Easy Step by Step Instructions, Simple Downloads, Minimum Time spent in the Kitchen, and guaranteed Family Favorites.