Keto Sausage Recipes made with Beef Meat for you to pick all with very Low in Carbs. Our Low-Carb Sausage Recipes will mix your Ground Meat Repertoire and each will add a great Versatile Dish to your Daily Meal Plans with Minimal Carbs per Serving.
It’s low carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and diabetic friendly. It does not get much better. Our mouthwatering keto recipes with sausage meat can be used as a perfect appetizer, for grilling, making salads, casseroles, soups and are great for breakfast bowl, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Easy keto sausage recipes
Starting from our homemade sausage seasoning and making your own batch of keto sausage from complete scratch, there is just one step further to begin exploring all of the tremendously delicious recipes you can prepare for your loved ones.
My favorite sausage and sauerkraut soup needs to be served every holiday we have, especially as a New Years’ midnight meal.
What is sausage?
Sausage is a meat product typically made from ground meat and spices. The mixture is filled into a casing and used for various recipes or stand-alone for grilling or oven baking.
Different types of sausages exist, from plain and raw, smoked, cured, dried, to even blood sausages.
You can certainly eat sausages on a keto diet as they usually supposed to only contain meat and some kind of seasoning.
When you are purchasing sausages in the supermarket, please check the ingredients as some are filled with additives and starches.
For the best easy stuffed sausage option, you can make your own keto sausage from a complete scratch using sausage links following our simple recipe.
Homemade sausage without any preservatives, starches, or sugar contains 0 carbohydrates.
As meat does not contain any carbohydrates, the only carb content you might get are from the different seasonings.
I have tried and hand-picked all of the seasonings in our recipe, which are a perfect fit for our lifestyle and allow us to still be in 0 net carbs per serving brackets.
How many calories are in a low carb sausage?
One medium-sized homemade sausage has approximately 140 calories, which is a perfect number if you plan to add some sides, biscuits, or salad.
History of sausages
Sausage making has been a tradition for centuries to preserve meat.
The mention of making sausages comes already from ancient Greek, Romans, and tribes occupying Europe.
Sausage making rituals
Where I come from, making sausages is a yearly ritual before Christmas around November, when it is already cold. Slaughtering during winter, with cold weather, prevents the meat from going bad and is easier to store.
It has been much cheaper to grow your animals on the farms and subsequently makes all of the goodies from it for the whole year.
These days the slaughtering rituals are slowly dying as people shop more and more in the supermarkets, and having your animals becomes much more expensive.
Types of sausages to use in keto cooking
Generally speaking, all types of sausages should be keto or at least low carb. All sausages are made from meat, which is 100% keto.
Sausages come in variety of forms, be it beef, pork sausage, chicken sausage, veal, duck, goat, lamb, turkey sausage, venison, mutton, bison, goose, rabbit, or pheasant.
You can also pick from smoked sausage, kielbasa, breakfast sausage, bratwurst and much more.
Swapping our seasoning with Italian seasoning, you can prepare delicious keto Italian sausage recipes such as famous keto Italian sausage meatballs.
It always depends on what additional ingredients are in the mixture. You can use all of the meat types mentioned above for making your own sausages. And you know exactly what goes in.
If you buy a sausage from the store, please always read the labels.
There are so many hidden ingredients in some products you would not even think of. Some have starches, different types of sugars, or syrups, and some contain additional flavoring, all filled with carbohydrates.
As long as you buy sausages and properly read all the ingredients, you are perfect to go.
What can you make using sausages?
Having sausages at home, various dishes can be made.
Apart of our selection, you can also prepare a perfect keto meal from:
- mix them with zucchini, kale, cauliflower or broccoli for a perfect frittata side dish
- add into a bone broth
- mix into keto zuppa toscana soup
- combine keto sausage and cabbage skillet
- prepare a delicious sausage soup
- sausage stuffed mushrooms
- ground sausage and bell peppers
- using grated cheese, you can prepare delicious cheesy ground Italian sausage
- add chilli, tabasco or peperoni for spicy italian sausage
- sausage and spinach is another recipe perfect for breakfast
- using sweet Italian sausage, prepare Italian sausage kale soup for those winter evenings
Beef sausage keto recipes
As I have made my own sausage at home from beef, I also made all of the recipes using my sausages.
Therefore all of the recipes in this post are beef sausage recipes. But it does not matter the type of meat. All of the recipes are made in a way, that you can use your choice of ground meat.
Beyond sausage recipes
Even though I am going to share with you some great keto sausage recipes, I would like to first give you a brief overview of how easy it is to cook a sausage either in the oven or an Air Fryer.
How to make keto sausages?
As a base, I will take our homemade sausage as an example. Our sausage contains only ground meat and sausage seasoning. All filled in a natural casing, there is nothing else involved. The sausage is made with raw meat and is not smoked, cured, or dried.
To get your sausages fully baked, I suggest poking a few holes through the casing using a fork.
Cooking low carb Italian sausage on a skillet
One option is to cook your sausages on a skillet over the stove
- switch the stove to medium high temperature
- Place your sausages into the skillet slightly covered with oil.
- Roast from each side.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for another 25 minutes. Cooking time really depends on a size and thickness of your sausages.
- You can choose to place the skillet into the oven and bake for 30 minutes on 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit.
Cooking low-carb sausages in the oven on a sheet pan or casserole
This simple instruction on how to cook sausage in the oven will be a great help for you.
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit
- Place sausages onto the baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Depending on the size of your sausages, bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, turning the sausages after 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your sheet pan dinner
Cooking sausage in Air Fryer
- Place your sausages into an Air Fryer basket
- Set Air Fryer to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit
- Air Fry for approximately 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausage.
Storing easy stuffed sausages
Once you prepare and make your own sausages using our simple to make great recipe, it is perfect to keep the sausage in an airtight container in your fridge for 1 to 2 days until its time to cook. I would suggest to use them immediately and all the raw sausage leftovers freeze.
Sausage on Keto
Apart from the recipes I will share with you today, there are so many other options you can use keto sausages for in your meals.
- mix sausage with veggies and eggs for breakfast casserole
- make breakfast patties
- fill your fathead dough for great sausage rolls
- combine sausage and peppers together with pork Italian sausage
- add into one of our keto pasta recipes
- use it as ground beef for bolognese sauce
- mix with pumpkins for a perfect meatballs
- Add into your Taco soup
- Fill your stuffed peppers
Pin for later:
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Sausage keto friendly recipes
Here comes the perfect collection of the best keto sausage recipes made with your homemade sausage.
Each one of the recipes has its post, where all of the questions and answers, tips and tricks, nutritional values, full recipe with ingredients, and instructions are stated.
Have fun and enjoy your keto sausage party
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.