Let me introduce you to Keto Biscuits and Gravy, Southern Classic Ultimate Breakfast made with our Homemade Low Carb Biscuits and a Flavorful and Creamy Keto Sausage Gravy. Our Gluten-Free Biscuits and Gravy dish is also Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Diabetic Friendly, and a perfect Keto Recipe for your Brunch or a Keto Meal Plan.
We all come to the stage where we just need something else.
Something completely different to change our keto routine.
And right here and now comes the great inspiration I have for you.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Let us indulge in a Southern Classic Breakfast choice of Biscuits and Gravy, but without all of the carbohydrates it usually contains.
Let us look at this comforting, decadent, and filling keto biscuits and gravy recipe.
Cook your super thick sausage gravy from scratch and pour it over warm and freshly baked Keto Biscuits with a Slovak twist.
Keto Meal Plan
As our keto biscuit and low-carb sausage gravy are great to store in the freezer, they are perfect as an addition to your weekly Meal Plan.
All you have to do is freeze both the biscuits and gravy in smaller containers, and you have a perfect keto meal whenever you are in a hurry.
Biscuits and Gravy is a Southern classic breakfast dish, where white gravy made from sausage and milk is poured over halved biscuits.
This very popular American breakfast is delicious but filled with so many carbohydrates, one would not believe it.
With my recipes for keto biscuits and sausage gravy, I have tried my best to reduce the carbohydrate intake to an absolute minimum.
Are Biscuits and Gravy Healthy?
For this question I have to answer, it depends.
It depends on where you have the dish. Restaurant? Frozen? Store-bought? Or Homemade?
The most important are the ingredients involved in each biscuit and gravy you are eating.
There might be so many hidden ingredients that are not healthy at all, such as starches, sugars, syrups, and more.
One great advantage is that if you decide to make our Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy recipe entirely from scratch, you will have only the healthiest of all ingredients possible.
You can make your own sausage, your own seasoning, biscuits as well as gravy. And all of this is entirely Gluten-free, Keto, Low carb, Grain-Free, and Diabetic Friendly.
How many carbs are in Keto Biscuits and Gravy?
With both of our recipes combined together, a whole portion comes to a total of 4 carbohydrates only.
With 1 gram of Fiber, we are getting a perfect 3 grams of net carbs per portion, which is for one biscuit and a scoop of gravy.
Although the portion might sound small, those biscuits in gravy are so filling that you will feel already full halfway eating it.
Calories for Biscuits and Gravy
To keep you in a perfect keto lifestyle, our biscuits and gravy recipe has got an ideal 239 calories, just great enough for a meal.
With 23 grams of fat, one portion will help you dearly reach your fat intake.
The Best Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
Our Recipe consists of 2 parts. The first is making perfectly delicious keto biscuits.
Once they are in the oven, you can start cooking your gravy.
Keto Biscuits Recipe
As I wanted to make for you something a tiny bit different from what you are used to, I have decided to give our biscuits a Slovak twist of flavor.
In my country, we have something very similar to biscuits called Pagace and they are loved by all.
Once you try them, you are never going to go back to anything else.
Keto Sausage Gravy
With just a few ingredients and some cooking time, you will be enjoying one of the best keto gravy you have eaten.
I have briefly summarized both of the recipes in this post, but if you have questions or want more details about each recipe, please visit them individually.
How To Make Keto Biscuits and Gravy?
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- Cling Film
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Round Cookie Cutter
- Egg Slicer
- Pastry Brush
- Cooking Pot
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Flour
- Sour Cream
- Pork Scratchings
- Egg Yolk for brushing
- Sour Cream
- Xanthan Gum – optional
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE BEST EVER KETO SAUSAGE AND GRAVY RECIPE
First Step: Ingredients for Keto Biscuits making
The first step is to prepare all of the ingredients for keto biscuits.
Regarding the scratchings and lard, I have a homemade recipe where you can make your own pork scratching, out of which you will also have lard left.
Second Step: Mix All Ingredients
In a big bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients first, into which you then add all of the wet ingredients except the homemade pork scratchings. Those go only at the latest date.
Thoroughly mix everything until you get a perfect dough for making the biscuits.
Third Step: Chill
Next is to chill your dough.
It is much better to work with a dough once it is chilled in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours or even overnight. It depends on how long you have.
If you’re short on time, just place it in the freezer for half an hour.
Fourth Step: Roll and Fill
Heat your oven to 180 Celsius and 350 Fahrenheit.
Take the dough out of the refrigerator and start rolling it into a rectangular shape.
Roll it much thinner than you would want your biscuits to be and spread grounded scratching paste on the whole sheet.
Your scratchings can be grounded in your magic bullet or a coffee grinder.
Spread all of the paste onto the dough and fold it in half.
Fifth Step: Cut Out
Using a round cookie cutter, cut your biscuits and place them onto the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Sixth Step: Design, Brush, and Bake
Once all of your biscuits are placed on the parchment paper, you can use an egg slicer as you see in the video to make the design. I’m used to it from my country, but this is really optional.
Brush the top of each biscuit with mixed egg yolk and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
Seventh Step: Ingredients for Keto Sausage Gravy
The next step comes in preparing the sausage gravy.
Prepare all of the ingredients needed.
Eighth Step: Cook
Heat your saucepan and add butter.
Once the butter melts, add your chopped onions and caramelize them until brown.
Add all of the meat from your sausage in our case already with sausage seasoning.
Start cooking your sausage for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Once you see that your sausage is fully cooked, you can sprinkle it with Xanthan gum.
Xanthan gum helps to thicken the sauce.
Ninth Step: Finish with Sour Cream
Pour over sour cream and mix the whole dish.
Serve together with the biscuits and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
- Sour Cream – can be swapped with cream cheese, buttermilk, or plain greek yogurt
- Herbs – add fresh herbs from your garden
- Lard – can be exchanged with butter
- Pork Scratchings – can be ground in a magic bullet, blender, or coffee grinder.
- Spices – Traditional gravy gets its flavor from the sausage, and that is what I wanted to be kept at. Our homemade Sausage contains enough of a flavorful spice mixture that there is no need to add more.
- Sour Cream – can be replaced with cream cheese or heavy whipping cream
- Sauce Too thick – use broth or water or almond milk
- Sauce Too liquid – add a tiny bit more Xanthan or un-fattened almond flour
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How do you store Biscuits and Gravy?
It is super simple and easy to store biscuits and gravy.
I would suggest storing biscuits separately and gravy separately, each in a glass container covered with a lid.
Place them in your refrigerator, where they should stay good for 3 to 4 days.
Anything longer, please freeze it.
Can you freeze Keto Biscuits and Gravy?
You can undoubtedly freeze our keto biscuits and gravy, and therefore this keto dish is perfect for your weekly meal planning.
I would suggest freezing biscuits separately and gravy split into portions.
It would be much easier, later on, to heat a single portion whenever you need to.
More Sausage Recipes
- Baked Sausage and Sauerkraut
- Keto Sausage Recipe
- Keto Sausage Balls
- How To Make Sausage Seasoning Recipe
- Keto Sausage Sauerkraut Soup
- Sausage recipes collection
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- 1 Cups (125 grams) Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Tablespoon (5 grams) Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon (7 grams) Coconut Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup (60 grams) Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Lard
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Pork Scratchings grind
- Egg Yolk for brushing
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 lb 500g Sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Cup Sour Cream - can use heavy cream
- The first step is to prepare all of the ingredients for keto biscuits.
- In a big bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients first, into which you then add all of the wet ingredients except the homemade pork scratchings. Thoroughly mix everything until you get a perfect dough for making the biscuits.
- Chill in the fridge for two to three hours if time allows.
- Heat your oven to 180 Celsius and 350 Fahrenheit. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and start rolling it into a rectangular shape. Spread all of the scratching paste onto the dough and fold it in half.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut your biscuits and place them onto the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Design and brush the top of each biscuit with mixed egg yolk and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare all of the ingredients needed for sausage gravy.
- Heat your saucepan and add butter. Once the butter melts, add your chopped onions and caramelize them until brown. Add all of the meat from your sausage in our case already with sausage seasoning. Start cooking your sausage for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Once you see that your sausage is fully cooked, you can sprinkle it with Xanthan gum.
- Pour over sour cream and mix the whole dish. Serve together with the biscuits and enjoy.
- Sour Cream - can be swapped with cream cheese, buttermilk, or plain greek yogurt
- Herbs - add fresh herbs from your garden
- Lard - can be exchanged with butter
- Pork Scratchings - can be ground in a magic bullet, blender, or coffee grinder.
- Spices - Traditional gravy gets its flavor from the sausage, and that is what I wanted to be kept at. Our homemade Sausage contains enough of a flavorful spice mixture that there is no need to add more.
- Sour Cream - can be replaced with cream cheese or heavy whipping cream
- Sauce Too thick - use broth or water or almond milk
- Sauce Too liquid - add a tiny bit more Xanthan or un-fattened almond flour
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
STOBOK Mini Rolling Pin
120 x Parchment Paper Sheets
3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisks 8"+10"+12"
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids
Xanthan Gum: Food Grade & Verified Gluten-Free
davis Double Acting Baking Powder 8.1 Oz
Wholesome Yum Organic Coconut Flour
Wholesome Yum Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 23gCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gProtein 5g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.