Learn How To Make Infused Cold Brew Tea in the comfort of your home without expensive equipment and gadgets to give you various flavored beverages. Pick your favorite teas to cold brew and enjoy making the perfect keto lemonade you admire the most.
Cold Brew Drinks
Cold Brewed Keto Infused Iced Tea – Keto Drink is the quick and easy way to give our lifestyle varieties of flavored Low Carb beverages that are healthy and tasty. No more Keto Iced Tea at Starbucks or anywhere else. Make it at home and enjoy it fully.
Like our Cold Brew Coffee is made, you can pick just about any herbs, teas, or dry berries.
With summer around the corner, we are all looking for great refreshing beverages in our Keto or Low Carb Lifestyle. And steeping tea or dry herbs in the water or making flavored water is the best choice you can give to your body.
Nothing is healthier and easier to make than one of those great Keto Infused Iced Tea.
What is Cold Brewed Tea?
Cold Brewed is a process where you let your coffee, dry tea leaves, berries, or herbs slowly steep in the cold water stored in the fridge. In a few hours, you get a perfectly smooth, flavorful, refreshing, and slightly sweet drink you can enjoy the whole summer.
With cold infusion tea, you are using normal room temperature drinking water. Cold Brew Tea is a tea where you do not use boiling water at all. Adding boiling water to your tea might get strong bitterness, acidity, and sometimes cloudiness.
Benefits of Cold Brewed Tea
There are great benefits of making tea with cold water:
- by adding room temperature water, you are not killing any vitamins
- your tea will always get beautifully clear and colorful
- there is not a pinch of bitterness
- the taste of the Iced tea gets naturally milder and sometimes even sweeter
- it reduces the quantity of caffeine some teas have
- fever tannins are released
- antioxidants are released slower but are greater compared to a regular tea
- very refreshing to the taste
- no acidity compared to the hot teas
- great replacement for drinking a plain water
- it is hassle-free, tastes fantastic, and last longer
What is Infused Tea?
Infused tea is a simple tea that gradually gets infused with your chosen flavor. You let the flavors from dry tea leaves or fruits slowly evaporate in the water. In this way, your tea gets infused slower but on the other side, adds great flavors to your chosen drink.
What tea to use for cold brew making?
There is no such thing as best tea to cold brew as there is not a tea that you can not use for making a perfect cold brew.
The choice is up to you and the varieties are endless. Whatever tea you choose as a base, unless you add sugar, would be Keto. And of course apart from the fruit teas, where we avoid all fruits except the berries. But there are wide varieties of berries you will never run out of choices.
Homemade Infused Cold Brew Tea
As our recipe is an Infused Tea and not infused water, I have used dry leaves and loose berry teas. I have chosen what was available and what I had at home. I always keep dry herbs in the kitchen, which was a great choice.
The best is to use loose tea, where you have pieces of chosen leaves and not some kind of powder you get in a tea bag.
Our Keto Infused Cold Brew Tea Varieties
Our varieties, as you can see in the video are
- Lemon Infused Cold Brew Tea
- Berries Infused Cold Brew Tea
- Lavender Infused Cold Brew Tea
- Peppermint Infused Cold Brew Tea
Each one of those Cold Brewed Keto Iced tea gives us not only a different taste but the colors, as you can see, were extraordinary. I could not stop looking at this rainbow once I took them out from the fridge the next day.
Our daughter had a blast tasting them and took a different flavor to school every day with her lunch box. All the kids wanted to have a sip. Let me tell you. She was a star in those days.
Keto Iced Tea at Starbucks
For the last few years, every time we go to Starbucks, my daughter’s favorite Starbucks Iced Tea is Hibiscus. And that is exactly what I should have made for this video. Well, next time. We live in Europe, and therefore I guess the choices of Starbucks Iced Teas are a bit different. But I have just found out they also have a Cold-Brewed. But unfortunately, only a Coffee Version.
What is your favorite Keto Drink in Starbucks? Do let us know.
Cold Brew Iced Tea Drink Ideas
As already mentioned, infused cold brew tea can be made with almost any tea variety, and I am going to suggest a few more for you to have a brief idea:
- Cold Brew Matcha Tea
- Hibiscus Cold Brew Infused Tea
- Cold Brew Herbal Tea such as jasmine, elderberry, linden, dandelion, turmeric, camomile, fennel, echinacea
- Berry Tea such strawberry, raspberries, blueberries, cranberry, bilberry, blackberry, sea buckthorn, cowberry, goji berry, gooseberry, currant, mulberry
- Tea loose leaves such as White Tea, Green Tea, Oolong Tea, Black Tea
- Fruit Teas, where you can either use loose store-bought tea or use any of the dehydrated or dry fruits to brew a perfect infused drink
Cold Brew Tea a Complete Guide
The steps involved in making those perfect Iced Tea varieties are so simple that I even thought if I should write a post about it. But then, on the other side, not everyone knows there is a possibility of making a Cold Brewed Iced Tea.
Also, lots of people do not know the benefits of making one. And then, as I saw those beautiful colors, I just had to make them and share them with all of you.
All you do is pour room temperature water over your chosen leaves and place it into the fridge for 24 hours. That’s it. Nothing else involved.
How to Make Cold Brew Tea The Best Method
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Mason Jars
- Dry teas, herbs, in our case lemon, berries, lavender, peppermint
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO COLD BREW TEA
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all the dry leaves, berries, or herbs you plan to infuse. In our case, it is lemon, peppermint, lavender, and berries.
Prepare a clean mason jar with the lid for each of the flavors.
Second Step: Dry teas into the jar
Place your dry teas into the mason jar or any glass jar. Each of the herbs should have a separate jar. Make sure you have a lid for each.
If you plan to make ice cubes later on, I would suggest higher concentration, in which you just double or triple the number of dry leaves.
Third Step: Add Water
Once all of the teas are in jars, add drinking water. If tap water is drinkable, it is perfect otherwise, pour bottled water.
Fourth Step: Close and steep
Fully close each jar and start with the steeping, infusing, and cold brewing process.
For a bit stronger concentration, keep the jars on the kitchen counter for an hour and place them into the fridge later. Keep in the refrigerator for 8 to 9 hours, best overnight.
Fifth Step: Strain
Once your infused teas are fully cold-brewed, strain each one and store them in clean jars in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks:
- Stronger infusion – leave the jar on the kitchen counter for an hour before placing it in the fridge
- Storage – 3-4 days once strained
- Loose tea – using loose dry leaves helps in stronger infusion
- Sweeten – add a pinch of dry stevia, simple syrup, or one of the sweeteners for a perfect sugar-free iced tea
- Ice Cubes – add infused cold brew into an ice cube container to store for later
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Making an Iced tea out of infused cold brew is simple and easy. You can either pour a glass of cold brew tea and add ice cubes, or go even further and make ice cubes out of your prepared cold brew tea and pour just water into the infused cubes.
This would be one of the great ideas for what to do with it except an Iced Tea. All you have to do is add a few pieces of berries, Dehydrated Strawberries, and a sweetener of your choice with maybe a few drops of lemon and ice cubes. Your Keto Lemonade has been born.
Or just follow this super easy recipe for Keto Blueberry Iced Tea Lemonade.
How long can you keep Keto Iced Tea?
As with most drinks, it is best to have the tea as fresh as possible. Once strained, it will be perfectly kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
How to store Keto Iced Tea?
To store Cold Brewed Keto Infused Iced Tea is in the fridge. There it stays cold as it is supposed to be. Whenever you want to have some, it is ready to drink. And just in case you still feel you need more coldness on your summer day, add more ice cubes.
Can you freeze Infused Cold Brew?
You can also store it in the freezer as ice cubes, and I am already thinking about how great this might look. Each flavor into a different container, and you have a Summer drink with colorful ice cubes.
Can you imagine that awesomeness while serving? O my. I am making this next round. And will probably take some shots for you to see.
Keto Drink Recipes
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Hot Chocolate Mix
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Coconut Milk
- Energy Shots
- Mulled Wine
- Elderflower Mocktail
- Calendula Tea
- Basil infused water
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- Room Temperature drinking water
- Dry Lemon
- Dry Berries Leaves
- Dry Lavender
- Dry Peppermint Leaves
- Prepare all the dry leaves, berries, or herbs you plan to infuse. In our case, it is lemon, peppermint, lavender, and berries. Prepare a clean mason jar with the lid for each of the flavors.
- Place your dry teas into the mason jar or any glass jar. Each of the herbs should have a separate jar. Make sure you have a lid for each.
- Once all of the teas are in jars, add drinking water. If tap water is drinkable, it is perfect otherwise, pour bottled water.
- Fully close each jar and start with the steeping, infusing, and cold brewing process. For a bit stronger concentration, keep the jars on the kitchen counter for an hour and place them into the fridge later. Keep in the refrigerator for 8 to 9 hours, best overnight.
- Once your infused teas are fully cold-brewed, strain each one and store them in clean jars in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Stronger infusion - leave the jar on the kitchen counter for an hour before placing it in the fridge
- Storage - 3-4 days once strained
- Loose tea - using loose dry leaves helps in stronger infusion
- Sweeten - add a pinch of dry stevia, simple syrup, or one of the sweeteners for a perfect sugar-free iced tea
- Ice Cubes - add infused cold brew into an ice cube container to store for later
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 2Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gProtein 0g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.