Extra quick and easy, our No-Base Instant Pot Keto Lemon Cheesecake with Sugar-Free Meringue is rich in flavors and super creamy with that perfect slightly sour lemon aftertaste. Fully Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Diabetic Friendly and, of course, Sugar-Free, this lemon cheesecake is made with only 4 ingredients plus meringue and baked in 20 minutes.
Sugar-Free Swiss meringue frosting adds a perfect finish to the Keto Lemon Cheesecake and mixes the sweet and sour flavors just as we like.
Instant Pot Desserts
Did you know you can make desserts in an instant pot? I did not.
Until I gave it a go and got hooked.
If you are interested, I have put together a great Collection of various Keto and Low Carb Instant Pot Dessert Recipes from different bloggers worldwide. Have a look, scroll and maybe pick some favorites as well.
Keto Cheesecake Recipes
To add to it, making cheesecakes, especially in the instant pot, is one of the easiest tasks one can accomplish. Done in 20 minutes with such wide varieties, you can have a different cheesecake every day of the week.
Instant Pot Cheesecake
My first recipe was peanut butter cheesecake with a perfect crunchy peanut bark.
Then I made our lemon cheesecake because of my love of lemons and meringue.
After that, I stopped and baked those two on various occasions.
Until I once forgot to add eggs and realized you could even make a cheesecake without eggs and with only 2 ingredients. Our yogurt cheesecake is proof.
Not all cheesecakes are keto. Especially the ones with a base made from regular flour and sugar. But if you pick the right ingredients and plan in advance, you can make a perfect keto cheesecake recipe as I did with five of mine.
All of my cheesecake recipes have an extremely low amount of carbohydrates.
Today’s keto lemon cheesecake has only 2 grams of carbs per portion, with unreal 36 calories and 6 grams of protein.
How do you use Instant Pot for Keto Cheesecake?
Making a Keto cheesecake in an Instant Pot is one of the easiest solutions. All you have to do is to place the mixed cheesecake into the Pot, switch on the High Pressure for approximately 25-40 minutes (depending on how big and thick your cheesecake is), and you are done.
Here are a few tips you should look out for when making a cheesecake in an instant pot.
Line your baking pot with Parchment Paper from the inside and on the sides.
This helps big time in the end when the cake is made. All you do is peel the parchment paper from the sides and bottoms, and you are done. You will only have minimal cleaning involved, and your Keto Cheesecake will stay fully intact.
Before placing the Keto Cheesecake into the Instant Pot, add at least 2 cups of water.
By pressurizing it, the water evaporates quickly.
I once added only one cup of water and left home, letting the Instant Pot do its own thing. Came back with “BURN” on display. It just stops working when the water has evaporated. I am glad I have the Instant Pot and not any other Pressure Cooker, which will blow out. How clever it is. It surprises me every day.
Once you place the mixture into the baking dish, close it tightly with aluminum foil.
I also place 2 sheets of white tissue underneath to absorb as much humidity as possible. Have a look at the video for a better understanding. Once the cheesecake is baked and I am ready to place it in the fridge, I will replace the tissue with the new and dry one.
Do not forget to make a sling out of aluminum foil.
It helps dearly when placing the baking dish into the Instant Pot and afterward hot out of the Instant Pot. Have a look at the video to see how.
How to make Keto Lemon Cheesecake?
The reason I love this Keto Cheesecake is the extreme easiness involved. You do not need thousands of complicated steps for it. All you do is mix ONLY 4 ingredients and place into the Instant Pot.
Four steps to follow:
- First Step: Prepare and make the Lemon Cheesecake
- Second Step: Prepare the Sugar-Free Swiss meringue frosting
- Third Step: Assemble the cake and icing
- Fourth Step: Use Blow Fire Torch to give the Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue Icing the finishing touch.
But as I want you to get the best results, I will split more into details.
Lemon Meringue Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe
I have chosen the Sugar-Free Meringue Icing for this recipe for one reason. I firmly believe those 2 flavors complement each other just perfectly. The sour taste coming from a lemon cheesecake and the sweet taste of Meringue gives you just the right touch.
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Instant Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Blender
- Instant Pot Cake Pan
- Aluminum foil
- Parchment Paper
- Kitchen Paper Roll
Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue icing:
- Simple Syrup
- 1 Egg White
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING KETO LEMON CHEESECAKE
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all ingredients for making extra quick and easy keto cheesecake.
Eggs should be at room temperature. Sweetener is best powdered.
You can make your own Keto Greek Yogurt in an Instant Pot with our recipe.
Second Step: Prepare and whisk your batter
Take yogurt with a sugar sweetener of your choice, and using a hand blender, mix it. Add one egg and lemon juice and whisk all together until smooth consistency.
Third Step: Line your baking dish
Line your baking pot with Parchment Paper from the inside and on the sides.
This helps big time in the end when the cake is made. You will not only have minimal cleaning involved afterward, but the Keto Cheesecake will stay fully intact and beautiful once served.
Fourth Step: Prepare your cheesecake for baking.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place 2 sheets of white tissue underneath to absorb as much humidity as possible.
Fifth Step: Aluminum Foil
Tightly close your cake form with aluminum foil.
At the same time, prepare an aluminum sling, as per the video, to easily place your baking dish into the instant pot and, after baking, take it out.
Sixth Step: Prepare Instant Pot
Before placing the Keto Cheesecake into the Instant Pot, add at least 2 cups of water. By pressurizing it, the water evaporates quickly.
Close the lid of an Instant Pot, switch to Pressure Cooker, and set the time on High for 20 minutes.
After your cheesecake is baked, take it out of the Instant Pot, replace the tissue underneath and place it in the fridge for a few hours to set, best overnight.
This will help the Keto Cheesecake to become completely intact and will be in perfect shape once cut.
Seventh Step: Assemble the Keto cake and Sugar-free icing.
The cake needs to be fully cold if you plan to use Sugar-Free Meringue icing. Otherwise, the icing will melt. (again, one of my own experiences)
Prepare the Sugar-Free Meringue Icing
If you have not, prepare your sugar-free meringue using our Sugar-Free Meringue Cookies Recipe, where I explain all the steps, tips, and tricks to get the best results.
Once done thoroughly, place it into the icing piping bag with the tip of your choice and pipe it onto the cake.
Place the Keto Lemon Cheesecake on a plate you are planning to serve it on, and with a piping bag, start piping the Sugar-Free meringues Icing.
For the best explanation, please look at the video provided since I believe that it is the best to understand once you see it.
I suggest starting with the outer round and slowly reaching the middle.
When the whole top is covered, make one more round of icing onto the entire side of the cake. This will cover the whole Keto Lemon Cheesecake, leaving you with a beautiful cake with a hidden surprise inside.
Eighth Step: Brown your icing with Torch
Fire Blow Torch to give the Sugar-Free Meringue Icing the finishing touch.
This step is optional. You do not have to use it, but I believe it gives the whole cake a beautiful rustic finish. I just love the tiny burned tips on some parts of the cake.
Tips and Tricks:
- Parchment Paper – line your baking pot with Parchment Paper from inside and on the sides
- Aluminum Foil – once you place the mixture into the baking dish, ensure you tightly close it with aluminum foil.
- Sling – do not forget to make a sling out of aluminum foil.
- Set overnight – before serving, it is best to keep your cheesecake overnight in the fridge.
- Piping tip – If you do not have the tip or a piping bag, that is not a problem. Take a Ziploc bag or any bag and cut the small tip at the end with scissors. You will get almost the same results.
- Keto Cheesecake cupcakes – make cupcakes using the same steps apart from filling your batter into a single-serve silicone cupcake top. Placed onto the standing rack in your Instant pot and cook.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Additional Toppings you can use:
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Grated white chocolate sprinkles
- Cocoa powder
- Mini marshmallows
- Shredded Coconut
- Sugar-Free Sprinkles
- Fresh Berries
- Crumbled cookies
- Dried Raspberries
- Dehydrated Blueberries
Can you make Keto Lemon Cheesecake in the oven?
That is another option if you do not have an Instant Pot. But I have also lived without it for many years, and nothing happened.
You can use the same steps for baking the Keto Lemon Cheesecake in the oven.
Make sure the baking dish is placed on the bigger baking sheet, which you fill with water to get the same effect as you would from the Instant Pot.
Additionally, bake it in the oven for at least 40 minutes at 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit as a standard temperature for all the cheesecakes to bake the cheesecake fully and adequately. Everything else and all of the other steps stay the same.
How can you make Cheesecake muffins out of this?
Super easy, instead of pouring the whole batter into your baking sheet, you can separately pour it onto silicone cupcake liners and place it onto the standing rack in your Instant Pot. All other steps are the same.
How do you use Crème Brûlée Blow Torch On the Meringue Icing?
As you see in the video, I have used a simple few dollars Flame Torch you usually use for making a Crème Brulee.
Make sure you hold the Blow Torch a few centimeters from the cake, so you do not end up with the big, extremely burned tips. I would suggest trying it on a separate plate. Once I am piping the icing, I pipe one or two small tips on a different plate to see how thick or thin I want the design to be.
The same plate I then use to try my Flame Torch. This way, I have made the trials and ensured that what comes onto the cake is already tested.
How to store Keto Lemon Cheesecake?
This cheesecake stays in the fridge for a pretty long time. 3-4 days, sometimes even 5 is pretty ok. Since it is cooked, you do not have problems with eggs or yogurt becoming old.
Just make sure whatever topping you choose, is only added later on. If you use fresh berries, those need to be eaten or taken out.
Can you freeze the Keto Lemon Cheesecake?
The cake I have made with this recipe is pretty small and therefore, I believe it gets eaten before you should be worried about storing it. But in any case, if you do want to place it in the freezer, do it without worry.
I would suggest to pre-cut the cheesecake and separately packing each piece, so you do have an option of taking out just the piece you need at that moment, and you would not have to unfreeze the whole lot. Also, freeze it without any toppings. It is much easier to store and pack.
Other keto cheesecake recipes
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Ripple Cheesecake
- Blueberries Cheesecake
- Yogurt Cheesecake
- Keto and Low Carb Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Keto Cheesecake Mouse
I am sure with this proper explanation and the video with steps attached to this. You will have no problem at all making the best ever Instant Pot Keto Lemon Cheesecake with Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue Icing.
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue icing:
- 150 grams (1/2 Cup) Simple Syrup liquid
- 1 Egg White
- Prepare all ingredients for making extra quick and easy keto cheesecake.
- Mix all of the ingredients together
- Prepare the baking dish covered from inside and bottom with parchment paper
- Place the mixture in and cover tightly with aluminium foil together with dry tissue underneath. Please read the post above with full instructions. Make sure, the top of the baking dish is properly tightly closed
- Prepare the aluminium sling for easy handling as per video
- Place it into the Instant Pot filled with 2 cups or water and switch the Pressure Cooker on High for 20 minutes
- Once the Cheesecake is baked, take it out of the Instant Pot, let it cool a bit and replace the paper towel with dry one to take more moisture out. Close it again with aluminium foil and place it into the fridge for 4-8 hours, best overnight
Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue Icing:
- Prepare a double boiler and bring water to boil
- Reduce the temperature, so boiling is not extreme and add mixing bowl on top. (see video)
- Add syrup and egg white into the bowl and with hand-mixer keep mixing until fluffy white consistency appears
- Keep mixing 3-4 minutes, until you see that the consistency is not changing anymore
- Remove from the boiler and immediately add into the stand mixer and mix it on high until you get a stiff peak
- Once completely stiff, add the mixture into the piping bag
- When you are ready to serve, take out the cake from the fridge and prepare your icing bag
- As per the video or fully explain steps above in the post, start piping the Sugar-Free Swiss Meringue icing onto the keto lemon Cheesecake starting from the outer side.
- Once the whole top is covered and you still have icing left, cover the sides of the cake as well
- Optional: Take the Fire Torch and from few centimetres fire it onto the tips of the icing to achieve the rustic brown burnout tips.
- Bon appetit
- Parchment Paper - line your baking pot with Parchment Paper from inside and on the sides
- Aluminum Foil - once you place the mixture into the baking dish, ensure you tightly close it with aluminum foil.
- Sling - do not forget to make a sling out of aluminum foil.
- Set overnight - before serving, it is best to keep your cheesecake overnight in the fridge.
- Piping tip - If you do not have the tip or a piping bag, that is not a problem. Take a Ziploc bag or any bag and cut the small tip at the end with scissors. You will get almost the same results.
- Keto Cheesecake cupcakes - make cupcakes using the same steps apart from filling your batter into a single-serve silicone cupcake top. Placed onto the standing rack in your Instant pot and cook.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 2gProtein 6g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.