This Keto Sugar-Free Simple Syrup Recipe with 2 Ingredients only, and has a perfect thick consistency. It is an excellent addition to not only your Keto Drinks, Cocktails, or Smoothies but also Pancakes, Crêpes, Granola, and any Keto Dessert Recipe you are about to make. This fully Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, and Diabetic Friendly Liquid Sweetener needs to be in your Low Carb Pantry from now on.
Sugar-Free Syrup for Cocktails
Have you realized I have very few Cocktails on my website? Do you know why? This Keto Simple Syrup is the exact answer.
Living in Europe, I cannot order Keto Syrups that are available to purchase in the US.
Adding a powdered sweetener into your cocktails is a great idea, but you can never compare it to the consistency of a Clear Syrup.
But from now on, I am adding our Sugar-Free Keto Simple Syrup to every one of them. Like it or not.
This Sugar-Free Simple Syrup is a basic recipe you have been missing to have in your pantry even though you do not know that, as I did not know.
With our recipe, you can have any of the Homemade Starbucks Copycat Drinks.
Great flavoring for your Coffee. If you read below, I am also giving you a suggestion of what flavors you can add to this fantastic Homemade Sugar-Free Syrup.
No more buying expensive Sugar-Free Syrup Starbucks might offer and trying to replicate Coffee Drinks.
Keto Meringue Icing
As I write this post, I am in the kitchen half the time experimenting with this perfectly tailored Keto Syrup Sweetener.
Our Sugar-Free Meringue Cookies are in the dehydrator as that works the best, and I have already eaten half of the Meringue Icing I have prepared with our new Sugar-Free Simple Syrup.
Meringue Icing is fantastic to taste, and you have to make our Lemon Cheesecake like it right now.
It’s a fraction of the price of the Sukrin Clear Syrup I have used till now. No more saving, no more ordering.
Now, every single one of you can make a perfect Keto-Friendly Simple Syrup in a few minutes and for a few pennies.
Keto Pancake Syrup
And as we are mentioning a few ideas, I have to say Pancakes.
This Keto Syrup can be a great addition to Keto Pancakes or Crêpes.
Have it ready whenever you make pancakes. This Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup is significant incorporation for Breakfast together with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, Caramel Sauce, or Chocolate Syrup, for that matter.
As most of the servings are just a few teaspoons, all of your Nutritional Facts come to a complete 0.
0 carbohydrates, 0 calories, 0 everything. How awesome is that?
I have calculated the nutrition of the entire recipe, which is approximately ¾ of a cup with Xanthan Gum added.
In a whole recipe, you still get only 5 grams of calories and 1 gram of Carbohydrates.
So there is no worry of adding anything into your daily values.
Simple 2 Ingredients only with the addition of water. This recipe cannot be more straightforward.
Compared to the expensive store-bought Sugar-Free Syrups, it costs a fraction of the price and is done in less than a few minutes.
All you need is one of the sweeteners you already have at home and an optional pinch of keto thickeners such as Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum. That is it.
What can I use instead of Sugar in Simple Syrup?
As this Simple Syrup Recipe is Sugar-Free and Keto, it is not made with regular sugar. But there are a few options and suggestions you can use.
There is a wide variety of Keto Sweeteners on the market, and I am sure you have a few of them already at home.
- Allulose would be my preferred sweetener, as it gives that additional smoothness to the clear syrup and is super easy to dissolve.
- Monk Fruit is also a great choice, even though some brands might get a tiny crystallization once cooled.
- Xylitol is my 3rd choice, and even though it has got a tiny bit of carbs, it is an excellent sweetener with a perfect taste and 0 aftertastes you might experience with other Sugar-Free Sugars.
Can you use Erythritol to make the Sugar Free Simple Syrup?
If you can, but if possible, I would avoid using pure Erythritol, as it crystallizes back once cooled.
But if Erythritol is the only sweetener you have in the house, I would recommend a few essential points.
- It is best to use powdered Erythritol, which can easily be achieved by simply blending your crystallized version in your Magic Bullet.
- Use distilled water, which can lessen the crystallization afterward.
- Do not store in the fridge as it will recrystallize much easier.
But if it does recrystallize, not a problem. All you have to do is to warm up the syrup in the microwave for a few seconds, and you are back to beautiful Sugar-Free Clear Syrup.
How to thicken Keto Simple Syrup?
While cooking the mixture, this Low-Carb Simple syrup will start to thicken. Depending on how long you let it cook, more water will evaporate and reduce the syrup further.
Once cooled, the thickness increases as well.
But if that is not enough for you, a few pinches of Xanthan Gum help dearly.
While using a Xanthan Gum, you have to bring the syrup again with cooking, as the Xanthan starts its thickening process only when cooked.
Just in case you do not have Xylitol in the house, Guar Gum is a great replacement.
What for can you use Sugar-Free Simple Syrup?
As I have already mentioned above, this Keto Syrup is something you need to have in your Keto Pantry.
Once you make it, you will realize it has been missing in your kitchen, even without knowing about it, as I did before.
Use it for:
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Infused Iced Tea
- Keto Mulled Wine
- Cold Drinks
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Low Carb Crêpes
- Cakes for added moisture
- Fruit Salad
How can you flavor Sugar-Free Syrup?
There is an excellent variety of flavorings you can infuse this basic simple syrup with.
You can make all of those below by adding extracts or a few drops of flavorings into this keto syrup.
A few suggestions are:
- Blackberry Simple Syrup
- Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Coffee Sugar-Free Syrup
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Cardamon Simple Syrup
- Mint Keto Clear Syrup
- Vanilla Sugar-Free Simple Syrup
- Lavender Sugar-Free Syrup
- Sugar-Free Raspberry Syrup
- Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Sugar-Free Cinnamon Syrup
- Cranberry Simple Syrup
There is much, much more, but for that, I would need a separate page.
How To Make Sugar-Free Simple Syrup?
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PREPARE A SUGAR-FREE SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
First Step: Ingredients for Keto Simple Syrup
First, prepare your ingredients.
For a sweetener, I would suggest Allulose, Monk Fruit, or Xylitol.
It is best to have either of them in a powdered version as it will dissolve much easier. If you only have a crystallized version, blend it in your Magic Bullet, Blender, or a Coffee Grainer.
Xanthan Gum is optional, but it allows you to have a more significant volume of this fantastic Low Carb Simple Syrup.
For whisking, please do use a metal whisk, as plastic spatula might melt while sugar is thickening (my own experience)
Second Step: Water and Sweetener
Start by switching your stovetop on.
Add water and sweetener into a cooking pot and whisk until all melts.
Third Step: Cook
Let the whole mixture cook for approximately 15 minutes total time.
The minutes depends on how thick you wish your Simple sugar to be.
If you want to add Xanthan Gum to thicken a bit and have a more clear liquid, 15 minutes is just about the time.
At this stage, a part of the water evaporates, still leaving at least ¾ of a cup of a whole mixture.
If you do not wish to add Xanthan Gum, keep cooking on a lower heat until most of the water dissolves, and you will be left with a beautiful thicker consistency.
Fourth Step: Xanthan Gum and whisk
Once your 15 minutes are over, and you see the sugar mixture slightly reducing in volume, add pinch by pinch Xanthan gum.
At this stage, you have to keep whisking vigorously for xanthan gum to dissolve. Otherwise, you might have a few lumps left. It is not a problem, and in my tips and tricks below, I have mentioned the solution.
Pour into a Mason Jar or any of your glass containers and enjoy.
Tips and tricks
- Only Crystallized Sweetener – simple blend it in your Magic Bullet, Blender, or a Coffee Grainer
- Metal Whisk – please do not use a plastic spatula, as this might melt while sugar is thickening (my own experience)
- Not sweet enough – add a few drops of stevia
- Only Erythritol at home – use powdered Erythritol, which can easily be achieved by simply blending it in your Magic Bullet. Use distilled water, which can lessen the crystallization afterward, and do not store in the fridge as it will recrystallize much easier.
- No Xanthan Gum – use Guar Gum as a replacement.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What if I get lumps in my syrup?
Using Xanthan Gum to thicken this Sugar-Free Syrup, you have to whisk it vigorously.
You might come to the stage, where you would still see some lumps from Xanthan, which are not dissolving.
In this case, simply place the whole mixture into your blender and blend for a few seconds.
Afterward, run it through the strainer, and you are left with a beautiful clear Keto Sugar-Free Simple Syrup to use on any of the cocktails or suggestions I have mentioned above.
How can I store Keto Simple Syrup?
This Sugar-Free Sweetener is ideally stored in your pantry or a kitchen counter.
Just in case you want to give it a bit longer shelf life, store it in your refrigerator.
How Long can I keep Sugar-Free Simple Syrup?
This Low Carb Syrup can stay on your kitchen counter easily for approximately two months.
Just in case you would like to store it for longer, I would suggest placing it into your fridge, where it should last for at least six months.
Pin For Later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- First, prepare your ingredients.
- Start by switching your stovetop on.
- Add water and sweetener into a cooking pot and whisk until all melts.
- Let the whole mixture cook for approximately 15 minutes total time.
- Once your 15 minutes are over, and you see the sugar mixture slightly reducing in volume, add pinch by pinch Xanthan gum. At this stage, you have to keep whisking vigorously for xanthan gum to dissolve.
- Pour into a Mason Jar or any of your glass containers and enjoy.
- Only Crystallized Sweetener - simple blend it in your Magic Bullet, Blender, or a Coffee Grainer
- Metal Whisk - please do not use a plastic spatula, as this might melt while sugar is thickening (my own experience)
- Not sweet enough - add a few drops of stevia
- Only Erythritol at home - use powdered Erythritol, which can easily be achieved by simply blending it in your Magic Bullet. Use distilled water, which can lessen the crystallization afterward, and do not store in the fridge as it will recrystallize much easier.
- No Xanthan Gum - use Guar Gum as a replacement.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size3/4 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 5Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 0g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.