This Decadent and Creamy Rich Homemade Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix with spiced Cinnamon and only 3 Ingredients is a perfect Winter Warmer for your Keto Breakfast. Our Dairy-Free and Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate recipe makes a perfect DIY Instant Keto Gift for your loved ones.
Sugar free hot chocolate toppings
Have kids? Our soft teddy bear cookies will be a great addition.
Sit next to your fireplace and just enjoy this simple recipe with the best flavor, not using regular sugar packaged hot cocoa or hot chocolate full of carbs.
DIY keto instant hot chocolate mix gift
As I am writing this, my head is already planning for Christmas gifts for my loved ones as I love this recipe so much. I so love that this is a sugar free easy mix and super easy recipe to make hot keto drink.
And of course, I had to try and make our keto friendly hot chocolate into a nicer package as all of the ingredients are dry and will last for a long time.
To my surprise, I could not believe how beautiful this glass tube looked. Now I know what to make for all of my friends and family.
This instant mix gift is fully keto, sugar-free, healthy, and with only 3 ingredients you for sure have at home.
Easy sugar free hot chocolate dry mix is so rich and creamy, that you will be sharing your recipe with all of your friends.
I have also added our marshmallows towards the end, but that is entirely up to you.
Do you agree?
Send me your ideas for gift wrapping. I would love that so much.
3 ingredients only sugar free hot chocolate mix recipe
As I love to make all of our recipes the easiest possible, this was my goal for this decadent and creamy rich sugar-free hot chocolate.
I wanted to make something special, but still easy and with the least ingredients possible.
And therefore I have chosen the simplest way possible.
Raw cacao powder or cocoa
Unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder needs to be in as a base of any chocolates or hot chocolate drinks.
To make this keto hot chocolate recipe sweet, but still sugar-free, you need to add a bit of sugar alternative. And as for the last few weeks, I have experienced with Allulose, which tastes exactly like sugar, this is what I have chosen.
Allulose sweetener gives this drink super sweetness with additional creaminess as well as softness.
You can also add a dash of stevia, but remember, that it will be twice as sweet as sugar.
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
The third ingredient can not be anything else as cinnamon.
I use cinnamon throughout the whole year every single day in my coffee.
It not only tastes wonderful and makes my morning coffee like Holiday every single day, but gives us lots of health benefits as well.
I have at home a big pack of Ceylon cinnamon directly from Sri Lanka, which has been gifted to me by one of my dear friends when we lived in the Middle East.
Her father has got a garden full of True Cinnamon Trees and collects and dries them for all.
What a garden that must be. Awesome.
I also have Indonesian cinnamon in another pack and each one of those is different in color as well as taste and sweetness.
What I usually do is blend them both in a Magic bullet and use it all the time. This gives me a mixture of both and the taste is unbelievable.
Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps keep our blood sugar at a perfect level and can help with decreasing stomach acid.
What types of cinnamon there are?
There are various types of cinnamon, some sweeter, some not, but the most popular are:
- Cassia, which is also known as Chinese cinnamon
- Burmannii, cinnamon from Indonesia
- Saigon, also known as Vietnamese cinnamon
- Ceylon or Sri Lankan cinnamon
- Citriodorum, which is a Malabar cinnamon
Dairy free milk powder
An additional ingredient to this sugar free hot cocoa pre-made mix could also be a heavy cream powder or if you find a dairy free powder from one of the nut milks.
In that way, you can make your own hot chocolate using only a few ounces of hot water.
You might wonder. Is sugar-free chocolate keto friendly or diabetic friendly?
This easy sugar-free hot cocoa mix makes 4 portions, which is a tablespoon for one cup of hot cocoa.
One Tablespoon of this dairy free chocolate powder will get you 2 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of Fiber. Total net carbs will be 1 gram for a cup of hot chocolate.
Our hot chocolate does not raise blood sugar at all and is a perfect addition to keto diet.
And exactly those types of sugar-free drinks are perfect for diabetics.
What milk to use for homemade keto hot chocolate mix?
As a keto milk alternatives or substitute, various nut milk varieties can be used as it depends on your taste.
You can make all of those at home in a few easy steps. Just pick nuts or seeds, soak them and blend with water in a blender. Let it run through a mesh strainer with muslin cheesecloth and there you have a perfect milk substitute.
The most popular and favorite in our lifestyle are:
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Walnut milk
- Flax milk
- Hemp milk
Additionally to those you can also experiment with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseeds, sesame seeds, or hazelnuts.
What can you add to a low carb hot chocolate mix?
You can enhance the flavor as well as health advantages with
- Protein powder if you need extra daily protein
- Collagen for strong bones
- MCT oil to make a super Bulletproof chocolate
- Vanilla extract for that dessert flavor
- Pumpkin spice for Halloween hot beverage
- Gingerbread spice blend to get that Christmas feeling
- Sugar-free chocolate chips to enhance the chocolate flavor
How do you make sugar-free hot chocolate mix from scratch?
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUGAR-FREE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
First step: Prepare all ingredients
Prepare all of your ingredients for an easy blend. It is best to get the freshest ingredients you can.
There is also a big difference in cinnamon you might be using, as you see me mentioning above.
If you do have cinnamon, which is pretty sweet to the taste, use a bit less sugar substitute in the mix.
Second step: Add and mix
In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients together and with a small whisk, mix them all until all of the ingredients mix fully, breaking all of the clumps you might have.
From this recipe, you will get a mixture of approximately 4 servings.
Place the rest of the mixture into a glass bottle or air-tight container and keep it in your Pantry for later.
Third step: Milk and blend
Pick one of your favorite nut milk alternatives and warm it up.
To get that super creamy and wonderful extra froth layer on top of the hot chocolate, stir the mixture first with a small amount of milk.
Fourth step: Stir
Pour your warm milk into a glass or self-stirring cup and add 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
Mix it fully either with a small whisk, milk frother, or use the self-stirring cup.
Fifth step: Decorate with toppings
Tips and tricks
- Extra froth – if you stir the mixture first with a small amount of milk and then fill the rest up with a keto hot cocoa, you will get that super creamy and wonderful extra froth layer on top of the homemade hot chocolate.
- Smooth whisk – using a hand milk frother or a self-stirring cup makes this hot chocolate mix drink super smooth
- Cinnamon Type – There is also a big difference in cinnamon you might be using as you see me mentioning above. If you do have cinnamon, which is pretty sweet to the taste, use a bit less sugar substitute in the mix.
- Heavy cream – can be added for some extra fat if needed
- Milk powder – if you can get heavy cream powder or a milk powder from one of the nut milk, you can add that into this keto hot chocolate mix as well
- 2 tablespoons – for extra rich hot chocolate double the portion.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How long will the sugar-free hot chocolate mixture last?
Since using only dry ingredients in this homemade sugar-free hot chocolate mix, your mixture should last for a very long time if stored in a glass container properly closed.
I normally double or triple the recipe and keep the mason jar in our pantry for daily morning warm-up drinks for the whole family.
How do you store keto chocolate mix?
This sugar-free hot chocolate mix does not have to be stored in the refrigerator.
After you make a mix, use a mason jar or airtight container and you can store it in your pantry for a very long time.
Additional keto drink to enjoy
- Cold brew tea
- Strawberry mint smoothie
- Ginger turmeric energy Shot
- Mulled wine
- Natural whey protein drink
- Cold brew coffee
- Coconut milk
Pin for later:
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full recipe card with print out option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars
- 1 Tablespoon Allulose Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
- Prepare all of your ingredients for an easy mix. It is best to get the freshest ingredients you can.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients together and with a small whisk, mix them all until all of the ingredients mix fully, breaking all of the clumps you might have.
- Place the rest of the mixture into a glass bottle or a mason jar and keep it in your pantry for later.
- Pick one of your favorite nut milk alternatives and warm it up.
- Pour your warm milk into a glass or self-stirring cup and add 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
Mix it fully either with a small whisk, milk frother, or use the self-stirring cup.
- Decorate with a bit of whipped cream on top and if you like, add a few of the keto marshmallows, sugar-free chocolate chips, or melted chocolate.
- Extra froth - if you stir the mixture first with a small amount of milk and then fill the rest up with a keto hot cocoa, you will get that super creamy and wonderful extra froth layer on top of the homemade hot chocolate.
- Smooth whisk - using a hand milk frother or a self-stirring cup makes this hot chocolate mix drink super smooth
- Cinnamon Type - There is also a big difference in cinnamon you might be using as you see me mentioning above. If you do have cinnamon, which is pretty sweet to the taste, use a bit less sugar substitute in the mix.
- Heavy cream - can be added for some extra fat if needed
- Milk powder - if you can get heavy cream powder or a milk powder from one of the nut milk, you can add that into this keto hot chocolate mix as well
- 2 tablespoons - for extra rich hot chocolate double the portion.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Desserts E-Book
Self Stirring Coffee Mug Cup
Ball Regular Mouth Mason Jars with Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (4-Pack)
3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisks 8"+10"+12"
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids
Organic Cocoa Powder, 8 oz
Kirkland Saigon Cinnamon 10.7 Oz Bottles
Besti Allulose Sweetener - Powdered
Amount Per Serving Calories 5Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gProtein 6g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.