Our Best Keto Stir Fry Recipe, filled with veggies and minimum carbs, will make your dinner special. This low carb chicken and vegetable stir fry is a perfect idea you should take advantage of.
Low Carb Chicken Recipes
Chicken is probably the same in your home, one of the most popular meats to use in cooking. It is quick, easy, and delicious to cook, gives you lots of protein, and everyone loves it.
I regularly go to the farmers market and buy enough to fill the freezer. In that way, I know our meat is organic all the time, and I always have plenty to use whenever needed.
Our sauerkraut chicken is by far the most popular in the family. It is not only extra healthy because of yogurt and sauerkraut but also creamy and delicious.
Is somebody sick? My chicken soup always helps.
Whenever we have fresh asparagus, I take a box of keto friendly shirataki and prepare another super easy to make a chicken pasta dish.
Why is this stir fry so delicious?
This stir fry is so delicious because of the combination of great sauce, protein, and veggies. These ingredients provide a low-carb and keto-friendly meal that is both healthy and flavorful.
The chicken provides an excellent base for the stir fry, while the veggies give it lots of color, texture, and flavor. Also, sesame seeds’ sprinkles give this stir fry a perfect crunch to the bite.
How many carbs does keto low carb stir fry have?
One significant difference between regular stir frying is skipping the stir fry sauce, usually filled with extra carbs nobody needs.
In our case, I have mixed various ingredients as a delicious keto stir fry sauce, which lowers the carb content and brings this meal to a beautiful 5 grams of net carbs per portion.
Our recipe makes 4 portions, and once cauliflower rice is added as a side dish, you are full for the whole day.
What Is In Best Keto Stir Fry Chicken?
Keto Stir Fry is a recipe that’s made with healthy ingredients and cooked in a skillet. It includes fresh vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, garlic, onions, and chicken, all of which are great ingredients for keto lifestyle.
The stir fry is seasoned with soy sauce and broth for added flavor. Towards the end, freshly chopped green onion and sesame seeds are added as the finishing touch to this healthy weeknight dinner.
Can You Have Soy Sauce on Keto?
Yes, it is possible to have soy sauce on a keto diet. Soy sauce has very low levels of carbohydrates and can be used in small amounts to flavor keto Chinese food. The key is using it in minimal quantities and keeping track of your carbs.
Most brands of soy sauce are gluten-free and contain no added sugars, so they fit into a keto diet well. However, some brands may have additives or added sugars which should be avoided when following a keto diet.
For a deeper flavors, add a bit of Worcestershire sauce.
What kind of chicken is best for stir fry?
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs are best for stir fry.
The cooking might take much longer if you use chicken thighs or drumsticks with bones.
Chicken does not have to be the only protein. You can make keto shrimp stir fry, beef, or turkey.
How to Make Keto Stir Fry with Broccoli?
Here are step-by-step instructions on making this delicious keto chicken stir fry recipe. I have also made a video with steps in case you are more of a visual person.
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Large skillet or wok
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- Sesame oil
- Garlic cloves
- Soy sauce
- Xanthan gum
- Red/green/yellow paprika
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO KETO STIR FRY RECIPE
First step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare all of your ingredients.
Cut chicken into small pieces and all of the vegetables into slices. Clean and cut broccoli into small florets and the rest of the stem into small cubes.
Second step: Chicken and onion
Heat your skillet and add sesame oil.
Once that is heated, add onion and garlic and caramelize both.
Add the chicken pieces into the pan and stir all together. Cook the chicken on a medium-high for about 10 minutes, depending on the size while mixing regularly.
Third step: Spices and sauces
Once your chicken is cooked halfway, season it with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce, broth, and xanthan gum. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, let the stir fry cook for a few more minutes until the sauce thickens.
Fourth step: Vegetables and Toppings
When your chicken is fully cooked, we add all the fresh veggies.
First goes all of the colorful peppers which we mix. Followed comes broccoli.
Combine stir fry together and let veggies soften slightly.
As last, add chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
Both green onions and sesame seeds could be added after you have switched off the cooking process. This will add an extra crunch and fresh onion flavor to the meal.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR LOW CARB CHICKEN STIR FRY:
- Oil – I have used sesame oil because of the great flavor it adds, but you can pick your favorite.
- Broth – I always have it in my refrigerator broth, but chicken, beef, bone, or stock works excellent as well.
- Extra toppings – you can also add chopped peanuts or sliced almonds.
- Thickening – you can let the broth cook for longer or add a bit of coconut flower for extra thickness.
- Frozen stir fry veggies – if you do not have fresh veggies, you can use frozen stir fry vegetables instead.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to Serve with Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry?
Some great sides to serve with a chicken and vegetable stir fry include:
- Fiber noodles
- Cauliflower rice
- Fermented pickles
- Egg noodles
- Pickled daikon
- Low carb pasta
- Korean pickled radish
- Cauliflower pumpkin puree
Can I Use Different Veggies?
Yes, you can use different veggies in a stir fry. It is an easy recipe that can be customized to suit your taste. Try adding cauliflower, mushrooms, or zucchini for extra flavor and texture.
These vegetables are quick to cook, making them perfect for a stir fry. When using these vegetables, it is essential to remember to cut them into small pieces, so they cook evenly.
How To Make Keto Chicken Stir Fry With Cauliflower Rice?
To make the cauliflower rice, grate fresh cauliflower florets into small rice-like pieces. I have a great guide on how to make cauliflower rice in just a few seconds. Once you have your riced cauliflower, you can sauté it in a skillet or wok over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
How to thicken your stir fry sauce?
Stir fry is one of the most popular dishes out of various keto recipes, and making a thick stir fry sauce is vital to creating a delicious meal. To thicken your stir fry sauce, reduce the amount of liquid you use when mixing it.
Adding a teaspoon of xanthan gum or arrowroot powder can also help thicken the sauce without adding extra calories. You can add some almond flour or coconut flour to give your stir fry sauce an even thicker texture. If you prefer a creamy texture, try stirring in some heavy cream or coconut cream at the end of cooking for added richness.
Storing Your Keto Stir-Fry
The best way to store your keto stir-fry is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in the microwave or heat over low heat on the stovetop until warm.
Yes, this dish can be frozen. To freeze, allow the low-carb stir fry to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or freezer bag. Place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, add back to the pan, and reheat over medium-high heat.
More Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full recipe with printout option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars
- Sesame oil
- 1 (50 grams) Onion
- 3 (14 grams) Garlic cloves
- 2 Breast (500 grams) Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Soy sauce
- 1 Cup Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 1 of each Red/green/yellow Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Broccoli head
- 1/4 Green onion
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame seeds on top deco
- Prepare all of your ingredients. Cut chicken into small pieces and all of the vegetables into slices. Clean and cut broccoli into small florets and the rest of the stem into small cubes.
- Heat your skillet and add sesame oil. Once that is heated, add onion and garlic and caramelize both. Add the chicken pieces into the pan and stir all together. Cook the chicken on a medium-high for about 10 minutes, depending on the size while mixing regularly.
- Once your chicken is cooked halfway, season it with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce, broth, and xanthan gum. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- When your chicken is fully cooked, we add all the fresh veggies. First goes all of the colorful peppers which we mix. Followed comes broccoli. Combine stir fry together and let veggies soften slightly. As last, add chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Oil - I have used sesame oil because of the great flavor it adds, but you can pick your favorite.
- Broth - I always have it in my refrigerator broth, but chicken, beef, bone, or stock works excellent as well.
- Extra toppings - you can also add chopped peanuts or sliced almonds.
- Thickening - you can let the broth cook for longer or add a bit of coconut flower for extra thickness.
- Frozen stir fry veggies - if you do not have fresh veggies, you can use frozen stir fry vegetables instead.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Portion
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Total Fat 3gCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gProtein 28g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.