STUFFED PEPPERS WITH LOW CARB RICE
Stuffed Peppers With Low Carb Rice can be made anytime you feel to warm up or just if you have too many peppers at home. Tomatoes as well
One of the favorite childhood dish, those Stuffed peppers with Low Carb Rice are a perfect match to your easy dinner, or just to warm you up during cold evenings.
Stuffed Peppers With Low Carb Rice is my childhood favorite. Not sure if you have this dish in English speaking countries. If you do, please let know of the exact name.
I have also made a quick video feature for you to see how to make it in a minute.
Very popular in most of Europe and really my favorite. Even now, every time I come for visit, my mum makes sure, one big pot is waiting for me in the kitchen.
I have also made a whole post about various Low carb and Keto Pasta Alternatives.
One of them is a Shirataki rice, which I do love to use all the time.
And since the winter is coming, those lovely warm dishes helps us to get through the season.
As a child, we always made this dish with normal rice for stuffing. But as we are now in the life of low carb living, it would not be me, if I would not try and make every one of my favorite dishes into a healthier version and especially low carb.
And since I cook most of the time in big pots (so I can save time for everyday cooking), this recipe comes into a huge portion as well. You can do an only half portion, or do a whole like me and store it for later. It is easily stored in the freezer as well for days when you are in a hurry.
Now, let us stop talking and get me straight into the recipe:
With this recipe, you will still be left with at least 1,5 liter of lovely tomato sauce you can use for something else.
- 500g Minced meat
- 12 pc Green Peppers
- 2 Pkt Shirataki Rice ( 470g)
- 2 Eggs
- 10g Dried garlic (1Tbsp)
- 2g Marjoram spice (1 Tbsp)
- 5g Salt (1 tsp)
- 2g Red pepper spice (1tsp)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1L Tomato juice
- 500g Tomato paste
- 3 Stevia tabs
- 5g Salt (1tsp)
- 1 Tbsp Unfatened almond flour - Optional
- Cut the top of the peppers and clean the whole inside
- In a bowl mix minced meat, eggs, shirataki rice and all the dry ingredients
- Mix all properly
- Fill each pepper with stuffing and place it aside.
- Cut onion into small pieces
- Heat up a big pot and add oil
- Once hot add the onions and cook it until golden brown
- Add tomato paste and tomato juice and bring it to boil
- Add stevia tabs and salt and keep cooking
- If you see the sauce is very liquid, you can add a tablespoon of unfatened almond flour. This will thickened the sauce a bit.
- Once everything is boiling mix all with a hand mixer. This will give the tomato sauce beautiful bright color. And of course will mix everything properly
- Add pre filled paprika and cook for 1 Hour
- BON APPETIT
Amount Per Serving Calories 143 Total Fat 8g Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 2g Protein 11g
Do let me know how it went.
And do not forget to sign up here to be the first one to see our new recipes.