Learn How To Cook Frozen Chicken In Instant Pot in 10 minutes and get the delicious, juicy, flavorful, tender, and moist Chicken you have dreamed of. This fastest, easiest, and best way to cook frozen chicken in a Pressure Cooker will allow you to have your dinner done in no time.
Chicken in Keto Cooking
We all love chicken. Or at least the majority of us. Chicken meals or dishes are a big part of our low-carb lifestyle, and we always try to look for new recipes.
And this exact recipe I have used for our Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, which is double delicious.
Some of them require you to have your chicken cooked and ready, and that is my aim for you today.
There are days when you just forget.
You forget to prepare dinner.
You forget to take your chicken out of the freezer, and it is already 5 pm.
Are you bad at planning your meals?
I sometimes am.
Forgot to take out your chicken from the freezer?
What happens to me from time to time as well.
No worries. Not a problem.
Today’s post is all about saving you during those days.
Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot
I will guide you through the process of having your dinner on the table with fully frozen chicken in just a few minutes.
With chicken that is juicy, tender, moist, and extra delicious.
No thawing is required.
Do you have an Instant Pot?
This is a question I should not even ask because I believe 99% of us have one Instant Pot at home. But if you don’t, you certainly have a pressure cooker, which will work perfectly with our guide.
Instant Pot has been my savior for a few years already. I love using it, especially for meat dishes.
Any meat I put in comes out incredibly delicious whatever way I cook it. And especially, it’s done in a quarter of the time, it would take me to bake it in the oven. And that is a huge help.
Instant Pot Recipes
Some of the great Instant Pot Recipes I would like to share with you before I get to our chicken cooking are Goulash, which I dearly love. Bone Broth, which I make every single week and use for all of the savory recipes where the liquid is required.
Let me not forget the special way you can use Instant Pot in making your Greek Yogurt without powdered cultures or anything else.
Instant Pot Desserts
But do not forget that you can also make delicious desserts in an Instant Pot like Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Yogurt Cheesecake, Homemade Curd Cheese, Vanilla Extract, or Lemon Cheesecake with delicious Sugar-Free Meringue Icing on top.
I even have a collection of Instant Pot Desserts from my popular Keto bloggers.
Additionally, you can make a delicious Sugar-Free Mulled Wine using the Instant Pot.
Is it Safe to Cook Frozen Chicken in an Instant Pot?
To cook your chicken in an Instant pot completely frozen is a super safe and easy way to get your dinner on the table in no time.
Frozen Chicken Breasts Instant Pot
My steps and guides use frozen chicken breast, which we will cook in an Instant pot for 10 minutes of pressure time and additional 5 minutes until the pressure releases naturally.
Cooking frozen chicken using an Instant Pot will be your go-to way from now on.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken in Instant Pot
Frozen Whole Chicken Instant Pot
To cook a whole chicken in an Instant Pot is the longest process of all. Still pretty quick, if you take into consideration thawing it on the kitchen counter, which will take hours.
A whole chicken can be cooked and done using our method with Instant Pot within 40 minutes.
You can also cook the same way:
- Chicken Thighs – frozen chicken thighs in Instant Pot takes 20 minutes
- Whole Chicken – Cooking Whole Frozen Chicken in an Instant Pot gets you done perfectly in 40 minutes of Pressure time
- Chicken Legs – Instant Pot Chicken Legs takes 13 minutes
- Chicken Tenders – Instant Pot Chicken Tenders are done in 6 minutes pressure time
To cook your frozen chicken breasts in Instant Pot takes exactly 10 minutes of pressure time on High-Pressure Level mode.
Additional 5 minutes will take for the pressure to release naturally, and then you can release any additional pressure manually.
To cook your frozen chicken in an Instant Pot, always use the same settings, just changing the pressure-time depending on the type of chicken pieces.
The settings are Pressure Cook on High-Pressure Mode followed by letting the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes.
Frozen Chicken in Pressure Cooker
If you do not own an Instant Pot but have the ordinary Pressure Cooker, which has been popular for centuries, simply follow the steps of your particular pressure cooker and let it pressure for those 10 minutes.
Frozen Chicken Breast in Oven
After you have cooked your chicken in the Instant Pot, you have got one more step if you want to go even further.
That step is to place the chicken into the oven to get them crispy.
Can you bake cooked chicken from an instant pot?
After you have cooked your Chicken in an Instant Pot, you can place all of the pieces onto the baking sheet covered with parchment paper and put it into the preheated oven for 3-4 minutes on a broil mode.
Frozen Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
To give your cooked chicken additional crispiness, appart of the oven, you can use your Air Fryer as well.
Simply place the cooked chicken pieces into the Air Fryer Rack, and depending on the type of Air Fryer you have, set the mode to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
If you have a piece of chicken with bones, the time might be set to a bit longer.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast in Instant Pot
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Instant Pot
- Frozen Chicken
- Water or Broth
- Salt & Pepper – Optional
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING INSTANT POT FROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS
First Step: Ingredients for cooking frozen chicken in Instant Pot
First of all, prepare your Instant Pot and the ingredients needed for cooking the frozen chicken.
All you need is frozen chicken pieces, liquid which is either water or a broth and salt, pepper, and some spices if you would like to flavor the chicken further.
Second Step: Add Liquid
Open your instant pot and add one cup of liquid, either water or broth and place the metal rack into it.
Third Step: Add Frozen Chicken
Onto the metal rack, place your frozen chicken pieces.
Make sure the chicken pieces are separated. Otherwise, it will take you much longer to cook all chicken pieces if frozen into one bulk.
If you want to add some seasoning or salt and pepper, you can sprinkle those onto the frozen chicken.
Fourth Step: Pressure valve
After placing your frozen chicken inside the instant pot filled with liquid, close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is turned on closed.
Fifth Step: Set Time and Cook
Set the time on your instant pot depending on what type of meat or chicken pieces you will cook.
I have mentioned all of the minutes above in an article.
In our case, we are doing chicken breast, and we set the timings for 10 minutes.
Press the pressure level on high and press the pressure cooking.
It will take a few seconds for the instant pot to switch on, and after it has been pressurized the timings will start counting.
After your chicken has been pressurized and the timing has stopped, let the instant pot release the pressure naturally for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
Once the pressure has been naturally released, you can continue releasing it manually in case in a hurry.
Tips and Tricks:
- Frozen pieces – make sure your chicken pieces are separated otherwise, the pressure cooking might require a longer time
- Liquid – water or broth. Broth adds an additional flavor
- Broth – If you have used spices, your leftover liquid can be used as broth for cooking. Store it in a Mason Jar and the fridge.
- Seasonings – you can add some seasoning on top of the chicken. Use our Taco Seasoning
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What can you use cooked chicken for?
If you have cooked your chicken because of a particular recipe, but you will still have some left, you can:
- Cut it
- Use on Tacos
- Sprinkle on Salads
- Add into your chili
- Mix with Keto Sauce
- Bake Casserole meals
- Mix with one of our Pasta Recipes
- Add into one of the Keto Soup
- Sprinkle with Alabama White Sauce and enjoy immediately
What to serve with cooked Chicken?
There are various side dishes you can use with our cooked chicken.
Some ideas are:
- French Fries
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Dill Pickles
- “Potato” Salad
- Pumpkin Fries
- Tortilla Chips
- Vegetable Stew
- Tater Tots
- Green Goddess Salad
How do you store cooked chicken?
Cooked chicken can be stored in a glass container covered with a lid in your fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze cooked chicken?
You can also freeze your cooked chicken in either a glass container or a Ziploc bag for 5 to 6 months.
If the chicken was already frozen once, and that is what our recipe is about, it is not recommended to refreeze it again.
You can still do it, and it is safe, but the texture and quality will not be the same.
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- 3 Frozen Chicken Breasts (4oz each)
- 1 Cup Water or Broth
- Salt & Pepper - no need
- First of all, prepare your Instant Pot and the ingredients needed for cooking the frozen chicken. All you need is frozen chicken pieces, liquid which is either water or a broth and salt, pepper, and some spices if you would like to flavor the chicken further.
- Open your instant pot and add one cup of liquid, either water or broth and place the metal rack into it.
- Onto the metal rack, place your frozen chicken pieces. Make sure the chicken pieces are separated. Otherwise, it will take you much longer to cook all chicken pieces if frozen into one bulk.
- After placing your frozen chicken inside the instant pot filled with liquid, close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is turned on closed.
- Set the time on your instant pot depending on what type of meat or chicken pieces you will cook. Our chicken breast is set the timings for 10 minutes. Press the pressure level on high and press the pressure cooking. After your chicken has been pressurized and the timing has stopped, let the instant pot release the pressure naturally for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Frozen pieces - make sure your chicken pieces are separated otherwise, the pressure cooking might require a longer time
- Liquid - water or broth. Broth adds an additional flavor
- Broth - If you have used spices, your leftover liquid can be used as broth for cooking. Store it in a Mason Jar and the fridge.
- Seasonings - you can add some seasoning on top of the chicken. Use our Taco Seasoning
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Total Fat 2gCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gProtein 20g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.