Our Festive Christmas Tree Cupcakes Recipe in a shape of a Cone decorated with Green Frosting and Colorful Sprinkles are Favorites for all kids. Those Christmas Tree Cupcakes are Easy to Decorate, even for little hands.
Having our light and fluffy cupcakes as a base, I have prepared two beauties for Christmas. Apart from our beautiful green tree, you can also make delightful Santa hat cupcakes, which will perfectly complement the green tree color on the table.
Our chocolate cupcakes topped and made with cocoa powder can be on the other side used as a brown wooded-looking base if you like.
Are Christmas cupcakes keto?
Our decorated mini cakes are full of icing, and sprinkles, and all are keto.
This proves that anyone on our low carb lifestyle can enjoy desserts as much as they did before. Just with a bit fewer carbs in it and much healthier.
One whole cupcake has 2 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber. Calculating it further, you get one net carb per piece.
How do you make Christmas tree cupcakes?
To make our cupcakes, you will need:
- 1 cupcake for each tree
- One strawberry for each
- Green frosting
- Star sprinkle decorations
- Place a strawberry in the middle of the cake
- Start by frosting your cupcakes with green frosting. You can use a knife or piping bag to spread frosting onto the base.
- Top each tree with a star sprinkle decoration.
Simple and easy.
Easy festive cupcakes
Our cupcakes are a delicious and festive treat to make during the holiday season. These simple cupcakes can be decorated in many ways to make them look like Christmas trees made from heaven.
The recipe starts with making your favorite cupcake batter, then baking it in a cupcake pan. Once they are cooled off, you can start decorating. You can use green frosting tinted with food coloring and sprinkles to form the shape of a tree.
Cupcake flavor alternatives
There are many different flavors of cupcakes that can be used for decorating. Some popular flavors include vanilla, chocolate, lemon, raspberry, strawberry, and red velvet.
Many different frosting flavors can be used on top of the cupcakes. Some popular frosting flavors include vanilla frosting, buttercream, chocolate, and cream cheese.
How to make chocolate Christmas tree cupcakes?
Swapping ordinary vanilla cupcakes with moist chocolate cupcakes recipes is very simple. Those will give you a perfect look of a dark base and taste delicious.
How to decorate Christmas cupcakes?
Decorating cupcakes can be a fun and festive activity for the holiday season. Start with a simple vanilla or chocolate cupcake, and put green frosting on top to form a tree shape. Then, garnish it with sprinkles or other edible decorations like marshmallows, coconut shreds, mini chocolate chips, and more.
The different idea is to layer white frosting at the top of each cupcake for snow on the ground effect.
You can also make the trees look extra festive by creating garlands from fruit leather strips and adding sprinkle ornaments. Finally, top the cupcakes with a star-shaped marshmallow for a truly magical holiday treat. With these easy steps, you can create delicious cupcakes that will wow your family and friends this season.
If you have sugar-free m&ms or gummy bears and like to add those, they can help dearly.
Ice Cream Cones
One great idea, if you have bigger cupcakes, is to use an ice cream sugar cone or waffle cone as a base. And the great news is that I even have a recipe for sugar-free keto ice cream cones for you to make.
Once your cones are ready and cooled, place the cone on top of your cupcakes and start frosting around. Using a piping bag, spatula or knife, frost a thin layer of green frosting all around the cone to build a beautiful tree-like-looking cupcake.
How to make Christmas Cupcakes
Let us dive into the few easy steps for making our festive cupcakes. You can get your kids to help you because the whole process is easy, and they will surely enjoy it. It takes a few minutes to make the frosting, and the real fun can start. When we made them the first time, my daughter even made a lovely YouTube video.
Bake your cupcakes cake mix as per our recipes for 10 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take out of the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack until cupcakes are fully cool.
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Stand mixer
- Piping bag
- Star frosting tip
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
And as our loyal readers, Wholesome Yum Foods has been so kind to offer to all of our subscribers 10% of ALL of their PRODUCTS using our Coupon Code:
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING HOLIDAY CUPCAKES
First step: Prepare ingredients
First of, prepare your cupcakes. I have the easy cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes full recipes on the site. Pick the one you prefer. Once you bake them, place them on a cooling rack to cool completely for the frosting to hold.
Sprinkles could also be made well in advance, and you can mix whatever colors you prefer.
Pick the strawberries which are not damaged and not too big to fit in the middle of a cupcake.
Cream cheese must be at room temperature for the best fluffy frosting and used sweetener powdered.
As last, food coloring. I have picked natural food coloring from the bottle, but you can use matcha tea, spirulina, or spinach powder.
Second step: Make frosting
Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whisk together cream cheese with sweetener in a medium bowl scraping the side of a bowl as needed. Once you have a smooth frosting, add green color and mix until you are happy with the hue.
Place your frosting into the piping bag fitted with a small star end tip. Close on top and place into your fridge for an hour for the frosting to harden.
Third step: Decorate
Take your frosting from the refrigerator. Pipe a tiny dot in the middle of a cooled cupcake and attach your strawberry onto the cupcake.
Start piping small star dots from the base of the cupcake around your strawberry. Continue to pipe the frosting in a circular motion as a second layer above it. Keep piping until a whole strawberry is covered, and you create a tree.
Take out your sprinkles and beautify the tree.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Green color – if you want to go the natural way, matcha, spinach, or spirulina powder are great.
- Cupcakes cool – need to be thoroughly cooled before accessorizing
- Sprinkles – make in advance and mix your favorite colors.
- Sweetener – it is best to use powdered sugar or icing sugar. If you do not have one at home, a coffee grinder or food processor will powder any sweetener in seconds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What tip to use for tree cupcakes?
Pick a small star tip for the best look. If you have a Wilton set, tip 4B or number 21 works excellent.
How to Store Frosted Cupcakes
The best way to store frosted cupcakes is to place them in an airtight container. This will help prevent the frosting from drying out and becoming crumbly or too soft. Keeping the cupcakes away from direct sunlight is also essential, as it can melt or discolor the frosting. Before putting them in a container, ensure all the cupcakes are cooled completely.
You can line the bottom of the container with parchment paper or wax paper to ensure that none of the cupcakes stick. Cover each cupcake with plastic wrap before placing it in the airtight container for extra protection. Lastly, store your frosted cupcakes in a cool, dry place to remain fresh for days.
How to transport those beauties?
I bought a cupcake carry board, but you can use a small muffin baking tin for transporting.
I would not suggest freezing cupcakes together with frosting. While thawing, the frosting might melt and lose its shape. But you can freeze already made basic cupcakes and take them out the night before you are ready to serve and make the decoration on that day.
More Ideas for Christmas:
- Meringue cookies
- Gingerbread cookies
- Gingerbread village
- Pine cone cheese ball
- Christmas cheese ball
- Challah bread
- Sauerkraut soup
- Potato salad
- Mulled wine
- Chocolate cake roulade
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with printout option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- 2 Cups (300 grams) Crème Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons (50 grams) Powdered Sugar substitute
- Natural Green Food Coloring
- Cupcake recipe
- Optional: Small Strawberries or any other berries
- First of, prepare your cupcakes. I have the easy cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes full recipes on the site. Pick the one you prefer. Once you bake them, place them on a cooling rack to cool completely for the frosting to hold.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whisk together cream cheese with sweetener in a medium bowl scraping the side of a bowl as needed. Once you have a smooth frosting, add green color and mix until you are happy with the hue. Place your frosting into the piping bag fitted with a small star end tip. Close on top and place into your fridge for an hour for the frosting to harden.
- Take your frosting from the refrigerator. Pipe a tiny dot in the middle of a cooled cupcake and attach your strawberry onto the cupcake. Start piping small star dots from the base of the cupcake around your strawberry. Continue to pipe the frosting in a circular motion as a second layer above it. Keep piping until a whole strawberry is covered, and you create a tree. Take out your sprinkles and beautify the tree.
- Green color - if you want to go the natural way, matcha, spinach, or spirulina powder are great.
- Cupcakes cool - need to be thoroughly cooled before accessorizing
- Sprinkles - make in advance and mix your favorite colors.
- Sweetener - it is best to use powdered sugar or icing sugar. If you do not have one at home, a coffee grinder or food processor will powder any sweetener in seconds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 95Total Fat 7gCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gProtein 6g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.