We may earn some commision from the companies mentioned in this post.
LOW CARB CHOCOLATE ROULADE
Summer is slowly on its way, so it is time to start thinking of the lovely summer desserts.
Well, of course, you can make this in the winter as well, but to me, anything with lots of yogurts, cream cheese or curd cheese reminds me of the summer.
And if you have to leave the dessert in the fridge, to get that nice oft cold sweet treat (maybe with a bowl of ice cream), there the summer goes.
This chocolate roulade is so popular that even if we have guests and I prepare a variety of choices, a roulade is the first gone.
I love the softness of it and even before guests arrive, I usually cut a few pieces for myself.
Well no more talking and let us get directly to the process of making it
- 6 Eggs
- 60g (9 Tbsp) Ground almonds
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp Sukrin Plus (6 Tbsp Swerve or equivalent sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 500g Curd cheese
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Sukrin Plus (4 Tbsp Swerve or equivalent sweetener)
- 50g Low Carb Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven on 190 C
- Mix egg whites separately and place it aside
- Mix egg yolks with sugar.
- Mix all the grained almonds, baking powder and xantan gum together
- Once egg yolks are mixed, slowly add grained almonds mixture and cocoa
- Once all mixed, with a spatula add whipped egg whites and fold it gently
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once baked, take it out and place the parchment paper with the baked base on a wet towel. In that way it will be easier to separate the base from the parchment paper. Leave it for circa 5 minutes and then slowly start peeling the base from the parchment paper.
- Once all taken out, make holes all over the base
- For the filling, just place all the ingredients in the mixer and let it all mix properly
- Place the filling on top of the baked base and slowly roll it together
- Once all rolled, place the roll into a plastic wrap and firmly wrap it, so the roulade holds properly.
- Place it in the fridge for 8 hours, best overnight
- When you are ready to serve, prepare the glaze by heating the chocolate with coconut oil over the double boiler and once all melted and cooled a bit, pour it over the cake
- Place the glaze on top of the roulade and serve
- Bon appetite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68 Total Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g
Do let me know in the comments below if it was to your satisfaction.
Do not forget to subscribe to our Newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox.
65 mouth-watering Keto dessert recipes in a digital, interactive cookbook that’s sent out via email immediately. All recipes are Keto, low-carb, sugar-free, Paleo, dairy-free and low-inflammatory using gluten-free ingredients. Easy-to-make with easy-to-find ingredients. Full nutritional info is provided for every recipe. A bonus easy-to-print version is also included.