We may earn some commision from the companies mentioned in this post.
Vanilla crescent or kipferl here in Austria is a must Xmas cookie. I have to admit that I have one recipe which I have tried 4 years ago, but have to refresh it to be able to post it here.
At the same time as I remember 4 years ago, the trials I was doing were so frustrating, that I have once ordered a repacked mixture from Living Low Carb.
Once I made them, Sophie fell in love with them so much that I have decided at that time to stop trying and just order from the site. They are low carb, ingredients are pretty good so…..And they are always sold out. Even now as I am writing this post I wanted to attach the exact product link, but unfortunately, its sold out again. I always start checking in September and once they have them I buy 4-5 packets so I have it ready for Xmas. Sophie still loves them, so I still keep buying them.
On the package, it says that you get circa 200g of Crescents – 40 pieces
And of course Kids Friendly videos in:
- 1 package of Vanillekipferl mix
- 1 whole egg
- 100g of melted butter
- Protein powder for topping
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius
- mix Melted butter, egg and the complete mixture into a thick dough.
- Keep it in the fridge for cca 1/2 hour
- Place a parchment paper on the Baking form
- then take only a handful amount from fridge and start making little U-shape crescents
- Continue until you have done the whole lot.
- Bake in the oven for circa 15 minutes
- Once taken from the oven let them cool a little bit but make sure they are still warm.
- Start rolling them in the Protein powder ( I always add a bit of sugar substitute)
- You can keep them in the box for a good 2-3 weeks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52 Total Fat: 46g Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 23g
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox.