Vanilla crescent or kipferl here in Austria is a must Xmas cookie. I have to admit that I have one recipe which I have tried 4 years ago, but have to refresh it to be able to post it here.
At the same time as I remember 4 years ago, the trials I was doing were so frustrating, that I have once ordered a repacked mixture from Living Low Carb.
Once I made them, Sophie fell in love with them so much that I have decided at that time to stop trying and just order from the site. They are lowcarb, ingredients are pretty good so…..And they are always sold out. Even now as I am writing this post I wanted to attach the exact product link, but unfortunately its sold out again. I always start checking in September and once they have them I buy 4-5 packets so I have it ready for Xmas. Sophie still loves them, so I still keep buying them.
On the package it says that you get circa 200g of Crescents – 40 pieces
And of course Kids Friendly videos in:
Vanilla crescentsPrint This
- 1 package of Vanillekipferl mix
- 1 whole egg
- 100g of melted butter
- Protein powder for topping
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius
- mix Melted butter, egg and the complete mixture into a thick dough.
- Keep it in the fridge for cca 1/2 hour
- Place a parchment paper on the Baking form
- then take only a handful amount from fridge and start making little U-shape crescents
- Continue until you have done the whole lot.
- Bake in the oven for circa 15 minutes
- Once taken from the oven let them cool a little bit but make sure they are still warm.
- Start rolling them in the Protein powder ( I always add a bit of sugar substitute)
- You can keep them in the box for a good 2-3 weeks
100g: Calories 52Kcal, Protein 23g, Carbohydrates 2g, Fat 46g
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox.