Learn How To Make Strawberry Powder in the comfort of your home with a few easy steps. Fully Low Carb, Gluten-Free, and perfect for Diabetics, this Fruit Powder will retain all the nutrients and be a great addition to your pantry for your desserts, drinks, or sweet breakfast treat.
With our never-ending growth of Strawberry Recipes, this Strawberry Powder is a great addition you can always have in your Pantry.
We all know once you get delicious strawberries, you will not stay with one box only. I buy as much as possible because I know the good-looking and perfectly-tasting strawberries do not come that often. Then I end up with more than I can consume in a few days and the strawberry recipes come in handy.
I always make our Keto Berry Coffee Cake with Chocolate Covered Strawberries first. Dehydrate some, make super quick Strawberry Jam and with all of the leftovers, blend in a perfect Smoothie and make Fruit Rollups.
And like that, they are all gone with a click of a finger.
Strawberry powder is a dry, dusty powder made out of dried strawberries. It does not contain anything else except strawberries.
Like any Fruit Powder, Strawberry powder retains its nutrients and, therefore, can be added to anything needed strawberries.
Its strong strawberry taste, flavor, and color immediately uplift your baking, making smoothies, flavorful milk, protein powders, or simple decorating with natural color.
As Strawberries are a part of keto fruit, the strawberry powder made from strawberries only falls into the keto Pantry and is entirely keto.
How to dry Strawberries for powder?
You can choose from
- Air Frying
- Natural Sun drying
- Oven Drying
- Freeze Drying
Whatever method you choose can be used for making a perfect strawberry powder.
Dehydrating Strawberries for powder
I have chosen a dehydrating method for our recipe as I often use a dehydrator to dry various berries and vegetables, make Fruit Roll-Ups, and so on.
I have made a separate recipe post on how it is best to dehydrate your strawberries, which is worth looking at if you follow this method.
How to dehydrate Strawberries for powder?
The only difference between dehydrating strawberries for a snack and powder is that you have to ensure your strawberries are dehydrated for making the powder.
Some people prefer dehydrated strawberries a bit thicker and softer as a snack, but this will not work for making the powder.
Your strawberries need to be fully dried; therefore, I suggest cutting them thin. After the dehydration process is finished, let them cool and check if they break easily, meaning that they are fully dry.
Can I use store-bought dried strawberries instead of fresh strawberries?
You certainly can buy already dehydrated or freeze-dried strawberries to make a powder.
Uses of Strawberry Powder
Using homemade strawberry powder is a great idea to add flavor, color, and taste to anything you can imagine entirely natural and nutritious.
Strawberry Powder can be used:
- In addition to your frosting for flavor and color
- Mixed into cookie batter for a perfect strawberry-flavored cookies
- Blended into the hot chocolate for that delicious taste
- Mixed in with natural protein to make your strawberry protein powder
- Perfect for decorating gingerbread village
- Added into your powdered sweetener for strawberry sugar
- Blend in with meringue icing for the colored meringue
- Sprinkled over Chia Pudding, Birds Milk Jello, Whipped Cream, Pancakes, Yogurt, and so on.
How to prepare Strawberry Powder
If you have fresh strawberries, please check our post on dehydrated strawberries to fully get the instructions on how to best dehydrate them.
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Magic Bullet or Coffee Grinder
- Dehydrated strawberries
- Sweetener – optional
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING DEHYDRATED STRAWBERRY POWDER
First Step: Prepare your strawberries.
If you have fresh strawberries, slice them thinly and place them on the dehydrator racks. Dehydrate for 7-8 hours or until they are fully dehydrated.
Prepare your strawberries, whether you dehydrate strawberries yourself as per our recipe, buy already dried strawberries, dehydrated Strawberries, or Freeze Dried Strawberries.
Make sure they are in good condition, in case they have been in your pantry for longer.
Second Step: Blend Strawberries
Place your strawberry into the Magic Bullet, Coffee Grinder, or any blender machines you have in your kitchen.
Blend fully until you get dusty fruit powder from your strawberries.
Third Step: Store
Open the lid gently as the dust might come out. Place your fruit powder immediately into the air-tight container.
Tips and Tricks:
- Fresh Strawberries – Please check our dehydrated strawberries recipe post for the proper guidance on dehydrating them best.
- Fruit Powder – you can do the same with any of the fruits you choose
- Dried Strawberries – needs to be fully dry otherwise, the powder will stick together into a small balls
- Sweetener – you can add a tablespoon of sweetener if you wish.
- Storage – store your powder in an airtight container to prevent air moisture from coming in.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to serve Strawberry Powder with?
I have mentioned above various ideas, you can use strawberry powder, but in general, you can sprinkle them on:
- Chia Pudding
- Birds Milk Jello
- Whipped Cream
- Chaffle Cake
- Homemade Curd Cheese
- Cinnamon Chaffles
How do you store Homemade Strawberry Powder?
As homemade strawberry Powder contains only strawberries, they must be stored in an air-tight container. Otherwise, if the moisture gets in, the powder might crumble.
Can you freeze Strawberry Powder?
Our Strawberry Powder does not need to be frozen as correctly stored in an airtight container. It will last for a very long time in your pantry.
Pin for later
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- 1 Cup Dehydrated Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sweetener - optional
- If you have fresh strawberries, slice them thinly and place them on the dehydrator racks. Dehydrate for 7-8 hours or until they are fully dehydrated. Prepare your strawberries, whether you dehydrate strawberries yourself as per our recipe, buy already dried strawberries, dehydrated Strawberries, or Freeze Dried Strawberries.
- Place your strawberry into the Magic Bullet, Coffee Grinder, or any blender machines you have in your kitchen. Blend fully until you get dusty fruit powder from your strawberries.
- Open the lid gently as the dust might come out. Place your fruit powder immediately into the air-tight container.
- Fresh Strawberries - Please check our dehydrated strawberries recipe post for the proper guidance on dehydrating them best.
- Fruit Powder - you can do the same with any of the fruits you choose
- Dried Strawberries - needs to be fully dry otherwise, the powder will stick together into a small balls
- Sweetener - you can add a tablespoon of sweetener if you wish.
- Storage - store your powder in an airtight container to prevent air moisture from coming in.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Tablespoon
Amount Per Serving Calories 19Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gProtein 1g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.