LOW CARB CHEESE MEATLOAF
A simple way of transforming an ordinary meatloaf to Low Carb Cheese Meatloaf with 2 distinctive Wow effects. The melting cheese while cutting and the bright green color from leeks will just wanna make you cook this right at the moment you are reading it.
Here is the video to show you how to make it in a minute 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps us to keep this content free. See disclosure.
I am sure you love Cheese.
But do you also love Meatloaf?
If yes, you would love this Low Carb Cheese Meatloaf.
If yes, then this is just a perfect dish for you.
We normally never make meatloaf at home. If I use minced meat, then it is mostly with our famous Low Carb Burgers, because I can hide whatever I want inside them and it is still loved all the time.
It was the way the packaged the whole dish with leeks. The vibrant color, just made me watch it again and again.
I was determined to do something, anything for that matter, where I can use the leeks to package it.
So I then thought of a meatloaf. And since I did not want it to be purely meaty, I thought of adding mozzarella inside to get that melting cheese effect.
Tried it and O my. It was really a nice dish.
And you are lucky enough to try it with us.
As an addition to the Sunday lunch, our Keto Egg Drop Soup would be a great suggestion.
Do let me know what else did you put inside, so we can experiment with it a bit more since I am doing this recipe definitely again.
And just in case you would like to receive all of the future recipes, do not hesitate to sign in for our Newsletter. I try to send one mail per week, always with a new recipe. Do not forget to stay in touch with us on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.
And here is the whole recipe for the ones who need the full report:
Thanks for giving us 5 stars:)
- 500g Minced Meat
- 1 Tbsp Dried Marjoram
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Buffalo Mozzarella
- 2 whole Leeks
- Heat up the oven to 180C (356F)
- Clean the Leak, cut approx 10cm from the white part and cut that into small pieces.
- Rest of the leek separate into a single leaves
- At the same time place a big pot with water to boil
- Once the water is boiled, place leak leaves inside for 3-4 minutes
- Remove the leak leaves from the water, pour cold water over them and set aside to dry a bit
- In a bowl mix minced meat, pre-cut white end leeks, eggs, marjoram, salt, and pepper
- Take a baking dish preferably in a shape of a toast baking pan
- Arrange the leek leaves on the bottom of the pan with sides leaning over
- Fill up the bottom and side of the pan with a minced meat mixture
- Add 2 mozzarellas inside and cover it with the rest of the meat mixture
- Cover the whole dish with the leaks end and if needed add more leaves, so the whole dish is covered.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for 50 minutes.
- I have baked it first covered for 40 minutes and then uncovered for remaining 10 minutes, so the leak leaves do not burn on top.
- Bon appetite
Amount Per Serving Calories 183 Total Fat 18g Unsaturated Fat 8g Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 11g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
If you are still Looking for some more Ground Beef recipes in our lifestyle, have a look at this list of 27 mouthwatering Low Carb dishes.
One of the great recipe which I am aiming to try with Minced meat is this lovely Keto Meat Pie. Just one look and I have made the decision to try it this Sunday.