Simple yet so delicious, Keto Could Eggs, Puffed Egg, Egg Cloud, whatever you name it, will upgrade your Breakfast into another level and will add one more choice into your Keto Egg Fast event. Fully Low carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, and Diabetic friendly, this Egg In A Cloud is not only quick and easy to make but also filled with all of the macronutrients you need to start your day.
Keto Egg Fast
Our Egg Cloud is a perfect addition to when you will be looking for various egg recipes.
With Keto Cloud Egg Crisps, Almond Flour Crepes, Keto Egg Drop Soup or Keto Deviled Eggs, Avocado Egg Salad, you are going to be on the right track to fill up your egg fast recipe choices, and our Egg In A cloud will top it all up.
Have you already done Egg Fast?
What is Egg Fast?
Egg Fast is a period of a few days, where all of your meals are based on dishes where the main ingredients are eggs. It suggests it helps kickstart your metabolism and gets you quicker into ketosis if you are aiming for that.
Eggs in Keto Lifestyle
We all love eggs. They are a big part of our Low Carb or Keto Lifestyle. Well, a bigger part. Or the biggest one?
I guess 99% of us can not live without eggs. We use them for almost everything. Cooking, Baking, you name it.
Every time I visit a market with my parents, I make sure I get at least 60 – 70 of fresh eggs from one of the best farmers, so it lasts me a bit until I visit again.
But to my surprise, in about two weeks, it is all gone.
My daughter enjoys them over breakfast almost every day. Especially when there are days she just needs something different. That is the exact time when those easy-to-make Keto Cloud Eggs come in handy.
But I am sure we are not alone.
There are weeks when she wants the same thing for her low-carb breakfast every day.
Then suddenly, out of the blue, she refuses it and does not even want to see it.
With eggs, there is no exception. Kids either want them or not anymore.
If I run out of ideas, eggs in clouds so far always worked. It takes a bit longer to prepare than a regular boiled egg, but my daughter says it tastes much better than any other egg variation. It is always a special treat, once on the table.
What are Cloud Eggs?
We have so many names for this perfect recipe: Cloud Eggs, Puffy Egg, Fluffy Egg, Egg Clouds, Egg Pillow, or Foamy Eggs.
Cloud Egg is a plain egg with few additional ingredients, just done slightly differently than you are used to. And immediately, the look is different.
Cloud Eggs are Beaten Cloudy Egg Whites stacked onto your baking sheet and baked for a few minutes.
Following comes the Egg yolk part. Once added and placed again into the oven, the egg yolk cooks only a bit and will give you the perfect soft texture.
Once cut through, you will have the yolk running through the whole dish. OMG. Just writing about it makes me so hungry.
Aim for a perfect egg inside and an egg experience.
Can you make it out of the pictures posted here?
What do Cloud Eggs taste like?
If you whisk just an egg white into an Egg Pillow and place it into the oven to bake, I would say it does not have any taste at all.
Do Cloud Eggs taste good?
It is kind of a fluffy egg but also tasteless. Therefore, the cheese and bacon I have added to our Cloud Egg Recipe come in handy.
Add a bit of salt and pepper to it, which brings the Cloudy egg white to a whole new level.
It gives that lovely fluffy taste, but with bacon and cheese aftertaste. As if you have eaten a very soft meringue but in a salty way.
Our Keto Cloud Egg Crisps Chips are based on this exact recipe and give you that similar Egg Clouds experience.
Egg Clouds Additions
With the basic recipe of only baked beaten eggs, there are other ingredients, which goes perfectly well with:
Add Grated Cheese, fresh chives, herbs, chopped meat, nutritional yeast, spices, prosciutto, ham, and much more to make your experience every single day a bit different.
You can even sprinkle them with our Everything Bagels Seasoning.
Bacon and cheese?
By adding cheese and bacon to this dish, there is nothing else you can wish for.
No problem. Just add one around the egg as I did, and your WOW effect doubles or triples.
What to serve with Cloud Eggs?
As Cloud Eggs are one of the keto recipes, not only for breakfast, you can serve them throughout the whole day.
You can also add next to it the following ideas:
How to make Cloud Eggs?
I guess there is no more straightforward explanation than with a video, and therefore I have made a quick one with all the steps just for you.
But for those who prefer pictures and written recipes, here it goes.
Cloud Eggs – Puffed Eggs – Egg Clouds
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Hand Mixer
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Salt & Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING THE BEST EVER KETO CLOUD EGGS RECIPE
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
First off, preheat your oven to 230 Celsius or 450 Fahrenheit and get all ingredients together.
Ensure your eggs are at room temperature to get the best stiff peak.
You can cook bacon in advance if you wish. I have not, as the bacon will slightly cook in the oven while baking the fluffy egg whites.
Second Step: Cloudy Egg Whites
Separate egg yolks from egg whites and place your egg whites into the container in which you can whisk it with either your hand whisk or hand mixer.
You can add a little bit of salt or black pepper at this stage.
Whisk your egg whites thoroughly until stiff peaks form.
Third Step: Bacon and Cheese
Once your egg whites are fluffy, add bacon and cheese, and using a spatula, gently fold both of the ingredients in.
Make sure they are spread evenly.
Fourth Step: Shape Egg Clouds and Bake
Using your spatula, start placing and shaping your egg pillows onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
As you see in the video, I have made the recipe with two eggs, and therefore I have made 2 Eggs in a cloud.
You can also choose to make one giant egg on a cloud and add two egg yolks into it later on.
While you’re shaping the egg whites, use a spoon to make a tiny space in the middle that we would use later on to pour the egg yolks. It is best to look at the video I have prepared for you.
Place in the oven and bake for three minutes
Fifth Step: Add Egg yolk inside an Egg Pillow
Take your egg pillows out of the oven and gently place egg yolks into the space in the middle of the cloud.
Place into the oven once again for another three minutes.
Sixth Step: Serve
Once your cloud eggs are baked, gently lift each of them and serve immediately using a crepes spatula.
Tips and Tricks:
- Egg White – make sure eggs are at room temperature for the best stiff peak
- Egg yolks – depending on how cooked you want to have your egg yolk, leave in the oven longer or shorter
- Bacon and cheese – fold into the puffy eggs gently to keep the stiff peak the strongest
- Silicone sheet – You can use a silicon sheet instead of parchment paper, which will help in sometimes cloud eggs being stuck on the parchment paper
- Size – as you see in the video and pictures, I have made the recipe using two eggs, and therefore I have made two egg clouds. You can also do the same or make one big cloud egg where you would shape two holes and add two egg yolks later on.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
To make an egg white for cloud eggs is pretty simple. The most important thing is to have your egg whites at room temperature.
Using a whisk, you have to make sure the egg whites are whisked thoroughly until a stiff peak.
You can store the cloud eggs in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, but I suggest serving them immediately as egg whites, and egg yolks might slightly dry in the fridge later on.
I would not suggest freezing cloud eggs as the water will change the shape, and the taste of the unfrozen cloud eggs once served.
Keto Egg Breakfast
For additional Breakfast ideas look at
Pin for later:
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheese
- 1 slice of bacon
- First off, preheat your oven to 230 Celsius or 450 Fahrenheit and get all ingredients together.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites, place your egg whites into the container and whisk thoroughly until stiff peaks form.
- Once your egg whites are fluffy, add bacon and cheese, and using a spatula, gently fold both of the ingredients in.
- Using your spatula, start placing and shaping your egg pillows onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Use a spoon to make a tiny space in the middle that we would use later on to pour the egg yolks.
- Bake for 3 minutes
- Take your egg pillows out of the oven and gently place egg yolks into the space in the middle of the cloud. Place into the oven once again for another three minutes.
- Once your cloud eggs are baked, gently lift each of them and serve immediately using a crepes spatula.
- Egg White - make sure eggs are at room temperature for the best stiff peak
- Egg yolks - depending on how cooked you want to have your egg yolk, leave in the oven longer or shorter
- Bacon and cheese - fold into the puffy eggs gently to keep the stiff peak the strongest
- Silicone sheet - You can use a silicon sheet instead of parchment paper, which will help in sometimes cloud eggs being stuck on the parchment paper
- Size - as you see in the video and pictures, I have made the recipe using two eggs, and therefore I have made two egg clouds. You can also do the same or make one big cloud egg where you would shape two holes and add two egg yolks later on.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 125Total Fat 9gCarbohydrates 0gProtein 11g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.