We may earn some commision from the companies mentioned in this post.
LOW CARB BURGERS
Low Carb Burgers? Meat is low carb anyway, as some might question. But those are not just ordinary burgers. Those are low carb burgers with all the vitamins inside. How? They contain so many vegetables, your kids would be surprised. Or better do not tell them 🙂
Did it ever happen to you? You tried to offer some veggies you knew at the back of your mind, that 90% of times that will not be even looked at? And let us not start with explaining how good, how healthy they are etc. With kids (or some adults as well) it goes only one way. If our loved ones like it, they will eat it. If they do not, you can try all your magic, it mostly just does not work. You try to mix them into different dishes, what happens? Once anything green comes into the site, they start the lab process and pick everything green visible on the plate.
I love to make those beauties for 3 reasons.
- If I have at home so many vegetables and do not know anymore what to do with them, I just make burgers and add everything from the fridge.
- Once I make the mixture, I know for sure, that I have had 3 huge portions in the freezer for the days when needed.
- Finally, this is one of the easiest ways I get the most nutrition into our tummies without even realizing.
On an ordinary day, I just get the minced meat and add all the vegetables I have left in the fridge. It is always tasty and it is always eaten. And most important it is really easy to make. This time I have written everything down onto the paper to be able to supply you with all the ingredients for you to try.
If you need more recipe with minced meat, why not trying our Low Carb Cheese Meatloaf, which is one of the top.
You can also use Mason Jars to make it as a snack to your work or for your kids during school times.
Is that enough to feed my whole family?
Well, it all depends on how hungry you are. Out of this recipe, you get 2 kg of burger mixture. Have to guess for yourself how much would you enjoy.
Do you still think that is not enough? One can always double it.
- 0,5 kg of minced meat
- 3 zucchini
- 2 aubergine
- 1/2 of cauliflower
- 2 big carrots
- 1 big onion
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp of un-fattened almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven on 220C
- Grain all the vegetables in the mixer or cut into tiny like rice pieces
- Place them into a bowl and add minced meat
- Add salt, pepper, garlic eggs and almond flour and mix all together
- By hand make burgers and placed them on a tray with parchment paper ( I always make smaller size as they are liked a bit more)
- Place it in the oven for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes
- Bon appetit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22 Total Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
Do you have some super ideas for getting more vegetables into our lives without even realizing? Do let me know in the comments below.
Additionally, there is one of the recipes we have used those burgers with. It is very popular and our own Avocado Burger Recipe. Hope this will be as great as burgers alone.
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox. More burgers variations are coming soon.