This easy Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup with fresh beefsteak tomatoes straight from your garden will warm you up every time throughout the whole winter. Quick and easy to make, this Keto Tomato Basil Soup is not only Grain-free and Gluten-free but extremely tasty and healthy. You will make it again and again.
Nothing really beats Beefsteak tomatoes in my opinion. They are super tasty, always in
But as the time comes and they all start to grow, you suddenly
You start your regular canning process to use all of the fresh beefsteak tomatoes, but you really feel like trying something new. What do you do?
Go on the internet and start searching. And then? S
Well Hello and welcome to our world of Low Carb Living.
In this post you will learn everything possible on how tho make the best Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup.
I will guide you through all of the steps, try to answer all of the questions you might have before starting to do your roasting. All you have to do is, to spend a bit of time and read on, so you do not miss any point. Just in case.
Is Tomato Soup Keto Friendly?
It is fully Low Carb. When it comes to Keto questions, all you have to do is calculate a bit. To be able to have this easy tomato basil soup in your strict Keto life, you have to make sure you do not eat the whole bowl of it in one go. Another tip is to make the soup more liquidy using your Bone Broth, so for one serving you will be able to eat much more.
Tomato Basil Soup Calories.
With 83 calories per serving, one serving also contains 6g of Carbohydrates and 2 grams of Fibre.
It is still pretty great, considering, you are able to eat your favourite tasty soup and still stay fully in keto.
How to make Roasted Tomato Soup Low Carb or Keto?
As already mentioned above, do use more bone broth to liquidise the soup even more.
If you want to add sugar, only add our sugar substitutes allowed and especially the ones, which do not have any carbs.
Even though I have not sweetened this Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil soup with anything, because, frankyl the beefsteak tomatoes are sweet enough on its own, you can still use stevia.
I add stevia to almost everything I cook. Well not everything, only the dishes, which need to be a bit sweeter. And that is either some soup or some sauces. Baking is another story.
Tools to make Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup.
- Baking Sheet – use regular size baking sheet, for you to be able to spread all of the veggies in one layer
- Parchment Paper – the best option, to make your roasting cleaner friendly
- Hand Immersion Blender – to mix the roasted tomatoes and vegetables into a creamy tomato soup is a must
- Medium Size Pot – you would need that for mixing all of the roasted
Ingredients to use for tomato soup from scratch.
- Beefsteak tomatoes
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Bone Broth
- Salt & pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
Step by Step Instructions for making the best fresh roasted tomato soup
First Step: Spread
Prepare your baking sheet and line it with a parchemnt paper. Spread your beefsteak tomatoes cot into thicker slices. In between add garlic cut into halves and onion cut into swuares. I have also added few cherry tomatoes.
On top of the vegetables add fresh Thyme and sprinkle it with a bit of salt and pepper.
Second Step: Oil
Sprinkle all with Extra virgin Olive Oil. Just in case you do have avocado oil or any Italian flavored oil, that would go perfect together as well. Add few drops of those as well. If I make this soup only for me and my husband, I always add Chilli oil to it. That gives the soup a great spicy twist.
Third Step: Bake
Place it all into the oven and bake on 200C or 400F for 40 minutes. You will be surprised by the beautiful smell coming out of the kitchen while baking. It is so good, that you are ready to just take it all out of the oven and eat all of the veggies as they are. But no. Wait. Patience is a virtue.
Fourth Step: Clean the stems
After all of the baking is done, clean all of the stems. You do not want them to end up in your soup. Especially the baby tomatoes ends and stems from Thyme, which are pretty hard after baking.
Fifth Step: Add fresh Basil
Once you have it all done, place all of the baked tomatoes and vegetables together with thyme into a medium size pot.
Tomato and basil
Add your fresh basil leaves. Fresh Basil leaves gives the soup an unbelievable twist and your soup will become even better you can imagine.
Sixth Step: Bone Broth
Adding freshly made Bone Broth will further enhance a flavour of your homemade fresh from the garden roasted tomato and garlic soup. As mentioned above, less bone broth you add, thicker the soup will be. But on the other side, more carbohydrates it will have for you to consider. I normally add 2 cups of fresh Bone Broth we make weekly in our Instant Pot.
Seventh Step: Mix
Using a handheld blender, mix all of it into
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Can you make roasted tomato soup in an Instant Pot
Because this is a Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup, it will be pretty difficult to bake it inside the Instant Pot. You can quick roaste all of the vegetables on a Saute function, then add bone broth and cook it all. But I still doubt this will be as flavorfull as if you bake it inside the oven.
You can make a normal easy tomato basil soup there, it just won’t be roasted one. Still, a good choice if you prefer your Instant Pot.
How do you puree roasted tomatoes for tomato basil soup
There are few options you can puree roasted tomatoes for yummy creamy keto tomato soup:
- Using Hand Immersion Blender, as I have used in our recipe
- You can add all into a Food Processor and mix it all together
Vitamix,will give the the creamiestsoup of all
- If you do not have any of those, Magic Bullet will do the job as well.
Can you use
roasted tomato soup for caning ?
For sure you can. That is exactly what my mum does every single year. That way, you will have your soup ready throughout the whole year. All you have to do is warm it up and your dinner is served.
Can you make Gazpacho out of Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup?
Gazpacho is a cold soup, where fresh raw tomatoes are used. So in general, you can not really call this soup a gazpacho once it cools down.
But I have made it. I served our cold Low Carb Roasted Tomato Basil Soup in tiny glasses for our party and added a bit of Keto Croutons on top. I have to tell you. It was superb. Everyone was asking for more. As you can see on one of the pictures I took, it also looked great. So do it. Why not.
Why is my tomato soup not red
There are various reason your soup will not turn fully dark red.
Your tomatoes are the ones, which plays a major role. Some of them are not always fully deep red color and although by roasting them the color intensifies, it might still not be enough red for your liking.
Adding onions and garlic will make the soup f
But at the end, it does not really matter what type of red colour your soup looks. It still is red, sometimes might be a bit orange. But it tasted unbelievable. And that its all that matters.
How to make Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil soup
You can make your Low Carb Tomato Soup even more creamier by adding either a sour cream or whipped cream to it. I do that from time to time and it makes the soup that extra tad creamier.
How can you
thicken tomato basil soup?
If you do feel your K
- Avocados – using soft avocados mixed into a soup will immediately thicken the soup and make it even more flavorful
- Less Broth – Next time add a less bone broth to make it thicker if you do prefer
- Cauliflower – You can also thicken your soup by adding baked cauliflower into the soup.
- Xanthan Gum or Gelatin – those will do the same job for thickenning. Just be extra carefull with Xanthan. You really need a tiny litttle amount of it. Otherwise your soup will turn into a big spooky slime.
What can you garnish low carb tomato basil soup with
There are so many options you can use to garnish your Keto Tomato soup
- Add our Crispy Garlic Keto Croutons on top
- Garnish the soup with slices or squares of avocados
- Add basil pesto on top of the soup
- Sprinkle it with red pepper flakes for a little spicy twist
- Pour a bit of
avocadooil on top
- Use herbs like oregano or rosemary, which are a perfect fit for this Italian flavor soup
- Sprinkle the soup with pieces of baked bacon
- Use our Keto Cheese Pops on top
- Top it up with a bit of Pork Lard Scratchings for an additional flavor
- Serve alongside with Cheesy Bread Bites
What to serve with Keto roasted tomato soup
As a kid, bread was a must. So my suggestion is to make our Keto Farmers Bread and serve it together with it. You can also make a grilled cheese bread from it and serve it with.
A perfect addition to our Bread collection is those lovely Keto Italian Breadsticks you can use for Breakfast, dinner, with your soup or as a snack during the day.
Pin the image bellow for later
How to store Low Carb Roasted Tomato soup?
Once your soup is done, you can store it in the refrigerator for up-to 4-5 days.
Can you freeze Keto Roasted Tomato Basil Soup?
Freezing is what I do most of the time. Just fill up your Mason Jars and keep it inside the freezer for whenever you need a quick dinner with no time on hand to cook a full meal.
Hope those questions and tips did help a bit and you are ready to start cooking.
If you are still interested to see some more Soup Recipes, I have put together a great collection of Top Various Low Carb and Keto Soup Recipes from various Food bloggers from around the world for you to choose and enjoy.
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Thanks for giving us 5 stars 🙂
- 3 Beefsteak tomatoes (500g)
- 3 Baby garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium purple onion
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 2 cups Bone Broth
- Prepare your baking sheet and line it with a parchemnt paper.
- Spread your beefsteak tomatoes cot into thicker slices.
- In between add garlic cut into halves and onion cut into swuares. I have also added few cherry tomatoes.
- On top of the vegetables add fresh Thyme and sprinkle it with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle all with Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Place it all into the oven and bake on 200C or 400F for 40 minutes.
- After all of the baking is done, clean all of the stems. You do not want them to end up in your soup.
- Place all of the roasted tomatoes and vegetables together with thyme into a medium size pot.
- Add your fresh basil leaves.
- Add 2 cups of freshly made Bone Broth
- Using a handheld blender, mix all of it into a perfectly creamy tomato soup with fresh tomatoes.
- Bon Appetit
- While adding Extra Virgin olive oil, enhance the flavor a bit more with either avocado oil or chilli oil
- For darker color, use purple onions instead of the regular ones
- When deciding to thicken the soup with Xanthan, be very carefull. Add just a tiny bit. Otherwise your soup will turn into a monster slime.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 1mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 4g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.