Learn How To Make Everything Bagel Seasoning done in minutes with only 5 spices as a perfect low sodium replacement for expensive Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning. Our Fully Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Salt-Free, and Diabetic Friendly Garnish Mix will be your seasoning on almost everything you will prepare.
Sprinkled on Popcorn, Cloud eggs, Guacamole or added into crackers and, of course, Bagels, this Keto Everything Bagel Seasoning blend will be required for you to make almost every week. Or at least how often I make it since I fell in love with it.
Keto Everything Bagels Recipe
Keto Everything Bagels recipe was the first one, where I have made homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe.
As I had many Everything Bagel Spices left, I started using them on almost anything I cooked or made those following weeks. And I got hooked. Like really hooked.
I fell in love with the taste and how complementary those seeds and spices were to any meal I had prepared.
Two years have passed, and I have decided to make a separate post for you to learn How To Make Your Everything but bagel Seasoning.
Because if you have not tried it yet, you have no idea what you are missing.
Everything bagel seasoning is a blend of spices used mostly on bagels. With its popularity, Trader Joe’s came up with a blend you could purchase and use on almost anything you can imagine. The blend of herbs became so popular that other brands followed, and it is now one of the most thought of spice mixes everyone has in their households.
The base of Everything Bagel Seasoning is white toasted sesame seeds. Black sesame, Poppy Seeds, Dried Minced Onion Flakes, Dried Minced Garlic Flakes, and Salt are mixed together, giving you the most popular blend in the Universe.
The flavor of Everything Bagel seasoning is compared to the toasted nutty base with a crunchy and garlicky aftertaste.
This spice mix is trendy because it can be used as an Everything bagel Toppings on various dishes you are preparing. It gives each dish that extra special crunchy and nutty flavor everyone loves.
Does Everything Bagel Seasoning have carbs?
As seeds, garlic, and onion each, have a bit of carbohydrate, this seasoning blend does have carbs, but they are minimal.
Sprinkling this blend on a dish you will use does not have to be calculated, but one teaspoon contains approximately 1 gram of carbohydrates to have a ballpark idea.
Where to buy Everything Bagel Seasoning?
As already mentioned, Trader Joe’s is one of the most popular brands with its own
Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend.
These days, almost every spice brand has its own Everything bagels blend, including McCormick, Costco, Kroger, Simply Organic, Walmart, Stonemill, just to name a few.
Why would I make my own Everything Bagel Seasoning when I can pick up a jar at Trader Joe’s?
There are a few reasons you would make your own Everything bagel Seasoning before purchasing one of the brands.
- Price – there is a significant price difference between buying a small jar and making your own
- Salt – as we all are concerned about sodium intake, you can either skip the salt altogether or use the best salt flakes you can.
- Toasted – You can toast your blend in the house, knowing it is freshly toasted and will last for a while compared to already pre-roasted blends from the supermarket with sometimes moldy flavors.
- Quick and easy – with only a few minutes of your time, you can have your blend ready, which is much faster than driving to the supermarket itself.
- Preference – depending on the taste or likelihood of particular seeds of spices, you can add or deduct that from the whole mixture.
- Alterations – you can add extra spices or herbs to intensify this homemade everything bagel seasoning blend even more.
How to use Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Apart from sprinkling this Everything Bagel Seasoning on the actual Bagels, you can use it on many other occasions.
It is a perfect Seasoning for our Low Carb and Keto Lifestyle, where every dish you are going to serve it with will uptick your flavorful emotions.
26 Everything Bagel Seasoning Uses
- Deviled Eggs
- Cheese Bites
- Everything bagel Crackers
- Curd Cheese
- Scrambled Eggs
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Slices of Tomatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Twisted Bacon
- Cloud Eggs
- Cauliflower Rice
- Farmers Cheese
- Tomato Soup
- Avocado Toast
Toasting Everything Bagel Seasoning
The great idea is to place all of your seeds and spices onto a skillet and toast them to even better perfection.
As you might see in my recipe, I have swapped Black Sesame Seeds with Black Cumin or Nigella Sativa (as some might call it) for its great advantages.
We hardly use this delicious and nutritious seed alternative, and to get your Everything bagels not only delicious but also extra healthy, I have decided to swap those two ingredients.
How To Make Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning in minutes
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- Storage Container
Everything Bagel Seasoning Ingredients:
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING THE BEST EVER HOMEMADE EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING
First Step: Everything Bagel Seasoning Ingredients
First, prepare all of your ingredients and a mixing bowl.
As you see in the recipe, I have used equal parts of each of the seeds and spices.
Second Step: Poppy Seeds and Sesame
Start with placing poppy seeds into the bowl together with sesame seeds. You can find both of those in Asian or Arabic supermarkets.
Third Step: Black Sesame or Cumin Seeds, Garlic, and Onion
Add either black cumin seeds or black sesame seeds, dry garlic flakes, and onion flakes into the bowl.
Fourth Step: Mix all together
Using a spoon, mix all ingredients into a perfectly tailored everything bagel seasoning recipe.
At this stage, you can also toast the whole mix on a medium-high enough skillet to get the flavors intensifying even more.
If you choose to toast our everything bagel seasoning, make sure it is fully cool before placing it into the container for storing.
Tips and Tricks:
- Toasting – An additional choice is to toast everything bagel seasoning spice.
- Salt – Additionally, you can use salt flakes if you wish. I have not added coarse salt into the seasoning because to me, garlic and onion give you enough of this slight salty taste you’re looking for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Where to find Black Sesame Seeds or Black Cumin?
You might have slight problems finding black sesame seeds or black cumin in the regular supermarkets.
I usually buy those in Asian, Indian, Pakistani, or Arabic stores.
How to store Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Once all mixed, you can store everything bagel seasoning in a glass jar, mason jar, or spice container in your pantry.
It should last for 4 to 6 months.
Other Keto Seasoning you might enjoy:
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- First, prepare all of your ingredients and a mixing bowl.
- Start with placing poppy seeds into the bowl together with sesame seeds.
- Add either black cumin seeds or black sesame seeds, dry garlic flakes, and onion flakes into the bowl.
- Using a spoon, mix all ingredients into a perfectly tailored everything bagel seasoning recipe.
- Toasting - An additional choice is to toast everything bagel seasoning spice.
- Salt - Additionally, you can use salt flakes if you wish. I have not added coarse salt into the seasoning because to me, garlic and onion gives you enough of this slight salty taste you’re looking for.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids
Raw Nigella Black Cumin Seeds (Nigella Sativa) | 1 POUND BAG | Non-GMO & Gluten Free | Egyptian fields at Faiyum Oasis
Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Organic Sesame Seeds
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Black Sesame Seeds, 2 Lbs - Raw | Unhulled | Lab-Tested
Frontier Co-op Poppy Seed Whole, Kosher | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Papaver somniferum L.
Serving Size1 Tablespoon
Amount Per Serving Calories 16Total Fat 1gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 0g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.