Introducing the amazing super Easy Keto Flaxseed Wraps Recipe – you won’t believe how it is easy to prepare. Only one main ingredient is needed for this vegan, low carb, and gluten-free wrap – flaxseed tortillas. This simple flatbread has zero net carbs and is unbelievably simple to make. All you need is flax!
A perfect combination to add is the complimenting color of our oven-roasted beet spread.
Those simple-to-make flaxseed keto wraps need only finely ground flax to transform your wish for a flatbread to a vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, and diabetes-friendly option for your meals.
Can you Eat Wraps on Keto?
It would be best if you did not consume regular wraps, tortillas, or flatbread in your lifestyle.
With those perfect recipes, which only contain ingredients allowed in our lifestyle, they are a great addition. Having bread recipes or wraps without carbs is an excellent addition to your kitchen.
Is Flaxseed Low Carb?
Flaxseeds are fully low-carb, and even keto, since all the carbohydrates they contain are fiber. With 7 grams of carbs and 7 grams of fiber, you get a beautiful 0 net carbs per piece.
They are perfect for digestion and are sometimes advisable to eat if you have problems with regular stool.
Is Flax Seed Vegan?
Flax Seeds are a great addition to vegans as they are a part of plant-based food. Different varieties and the possibility of grinding them into flour is an excellent addition to cooking and baking.
How do you eat Flaxseeds?
You can consume raw flaxseeds, either whole or ground.
As grounded, they are perfect for thickening our dishes, as they do absorb a lot of water.
You can also add them in some recipes as a replacement for eggs.
Some say to get the most nutrition out of the flaxseeds is only by consuming them grounded.
We like to grind whole flaxseeds at home in a Magic Bullet, blender, or coffee grinder and then keep them in a Mason Jar in the fridge for up to a week. Grind only the amount you can consume within a few days to have them always fresh and ready.
What are the Nutritions of Keto Tortilla?
Since this recipe is made entirely out of flaxseeds (adding garlic and salt only for a taste), the nutritions are as if you would eat spoons of your flaxseeds.
They are rich in omega-3 acids and vitamin B. Containing magnesium, calcium, and iron makes you want them to be consumed daily.
Although they contain some carbohydrates, most of them are fiber, which makes them fully low carb and keto and is a big part of our lifestyle.
How to make Flaxseed Flatbread?
Here comes the complete step-by-step process of making those delicious keto wraps recipe as easy for you as possible. I have also included a video with instructions for you to understand all better.
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Magic bullet
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone rolling sheet
- Rolling pin
- Round shaped ball
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
Ingredients list needed:
- Salt, pepper, dry garlic – optional
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLAXSEED WRAP RECIPE
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare your ingredients for making the best and easiest tortilla recipe ever.
Flax seeds can be dark or light, whichever you prefer. The only difference would be the shade of your wraps at the end.
Water should be boiling for the flax to work.
You could add salt, pepper, dry garlic, or spices for extra flavor.
Second Step: Grind the Flaxseeds
Using golden flaxseeds, place whole seeds into the Magic Buller or coffee grinder and grind all of the seeds until you get grounded fine meal flour like consistency.
If you already have grounded flaxseeds or have bought flaxseed flour, you can skip this step.
I have used one and a half cups of flaxseed, which is 200 grams, to help you understand if you will use flour.
Third Step: Add Spices
Place the grounded flaxseeds into a bowl big enough to mix them in.
Add garlic and salt – that is in the case of our recipe. You can also add the herbs you like or think would be perfect. You can entirely skip this step and only use flaxseeds.
Fourth Step: Boiling Water
Add boiling water to the bowl. You have to have your water boiling; otherwise, you will not get the smooth consistency, and the dough will become clumpy. Do not even try the lukewarm water – same results. It needs to be boiling water.
Fifth Step: Mix
Mix them with a wooden spoon until the meal absorbs all the water.
Properly mix and form a dough. Work the dough until you achieve a beautiful dough ball consistency.
Sixth step: Split the dough
It depends on how thin and big you can make your flaxseed keto wraps. Form a ball, and divide the dough into 6-8 pieces using a knife or spatula. For big ones, split the dough into 4 equal pieces.
Seventh Step: Roll
Start rolling the dough into a thin, rounded shape on parchment paper or a nonstick silicone mat. Try to roll it as thin as possible, but not entirely thin. Otherwise, you will not be able to lift the wrap from the silicone mat.
Eighth Step: Shape the Keto Wraps
Cut parchment paper into smaller squares. You will need this for placing the wraps on it for easier handling.
Press the dough with a round bowl or a plate to get an even and precise shape. Cut around the edges and remove the dough sticking out.
Ninth Step: Lift and roll
Using a long knife or spatula, slowly get the wraps onto a pre-cut piece of parchment paper. Please see the video for better understanding.
Keep rolling and making wraps until you get the entire dough rolled. I was able to make 8 medium size wraps from this amount.
Make sure each of the wraps is placed on a separate parchment paper. Otherwise, they will stick to each other.
Tenth Step: Prepare to cook
Preheat the pan to medium-high.
Once you have ready all the flaxseed keto wraps, start roasting or cooking the wraps. You can use a few drops of oil if you do not have a nonstick pan.
Eleventh Step: Cook the Flaxseed Keto Wraps
As seen in the video, cook the tortillas on each side for about a minute, pressing gently from time to time. Once you see they are done, place them on a plate and serve. They are still a bit soft in the middle but extra tasty.
Those full instructions will help you better understand how to make them.
It looks complicated at the beginning, but once you make them for the first time and grasp it, they are fast and easy to make.
Tips and Tricks to make these Tortillas:
- Sticky dough – if you still find the dough very sticky, add a bit more grounded flaxseeds and mix again. You can also wet your hand for easier handling. Some add a bit of coconut flour to help the stickiness.
- Shaping bowl keeps getting sticky -water the rims of a plate or a bowl you use to shape the keto wraps.
- Different types of flaxseeds – if you do not have light or golden flaxseeds, you can replace them with dark or brown ones. They are identical. Only the color of your wraps would be a bit darker.
- Flaxseed meal – if you only have flaxseed flour, you can skip step one and continue. Ensure the flour is not un-fattened. Otherwise, it will be very dry, and they will need much more water to get the same consistency.
- Can not lift the wrap after rolling it – if it is challenging to raise the already rolled wrap, either start again or make it a bit thicker. Also, you can try rolling in straight on parchment paper, which you will lift.
- Tortilla press – when you own a tortilla press, you can shape the wraps using one. Place one dough ball between two plastic wraps to prevent stickiness.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to serve with Flaxseed Tortillas?
You can use them as a wrap or a side dish for all yummy dishes.
What Type of Flaxseeds to use for Keto Wraps?
In this recipe, I have used whole light or golden flax seeds.
But feel free to experiment with dark seeds, already-made flour, or ground flaxseeds. Just skip those steps in the instructions and enjoy.
Can I use Flaxseed Meal instead of Grinding the Flaxseed into Fine flour?
If you already have a flax meal in the kitchen, you can use that instead. It will save you the time of grinding your flax. Just make sure the meal is fresh.
As those keto wraps are made of flaxseeds and water, nothing else would save them from lasting longer. Therefore I suggest making precisely the amount you are ready to consume. Or once you make these wraps, keep them in the fridge for not longer than 3 days.
Can you Freeze Keto Wraps?
If you still make more than you can consume and do not want to consume them the next day, I suggest freezing them.
Freeze only already-made keto wraps. Otherwise, you will have lots of water to deal with while unfreezing. Also, separate each flatbread with parchment paper for easier handling.
Extra Great Recipes for Meal Prep
Tried this recipe? You might enjoy some different recipes, especially if you are into meal preparation.
Pin for Later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars.
- Prepare your ingredients for making the best and easiest tortilla recipe ever. Flax seeds can be dark or light, whichever you prefer. The only difference would be the shade of your wraps at the end. Water should be boiling for the flax to work. You could add salt, pepper, dry garlic, or spices for extra flavor
- Place whole Golden seeds into the Magic Buller or Coffee Grinder and grind all of the seeds until you get a perfect grounded flour like consistency
- Place the grounded Flaxseeds into a medium size mixing bowl and add garlic and salt
- Add boiling water into the bowl. The water needs to be boiling, otherwise, you will not get the smooth consistency and the dough would become clumpy.
- Properly mix the dough until you achieve a beautiful consistency to be able to work easily with it.
- With a knife or spatula, separate the dough into 6-8 pieces. it all depends on how thin and big you are able to make your Flaxseed Keto Wraps.
- Either on a Parchment paper or nonstick silicone mat, start rolling the dough into a thin rounded shape. Try to roll it as thin as possible, but not entirely thin, otherwise, you will not be able to lift the wrap from the silicone mat.
- Cut a parchment paper into smaller squares. You will need this for placing the wraps on it for easier handling
- With a round bowl or a plate, press onto the rolled wrap to get ever and precise shape.
- Using a long knife or spatula, slowly get the wraps onto already precut Parchment Paper. Please see the video for better instruction. Preheat the pan on a medium high
- Once you have all of the Flaxseed Keto Wraps ready, start with roasting them on a pan. You can use few drops of oil if you do not have a nonstick pan. Cook each side of the Wrap for about a minute, pressing gently from time to time. Once you see, they are done, place them on a plate and serve.
- Sticky dough - if you still find the dough very sticky, add a bit more grounded flaxseeds and mix again. You can also wet your hand for easier handling. Some add a bit of coconut flour to help the stickiness.
- Shaping bowl keeps getting sticky -water the rims of a plate or a bowl you use to shape the keto wraps.
- Different types of flaxseeds - if you do not have light or golden flaxseeds, you can replace them with dark or brown ones. They are identical. Only the color of your wraps would be a bit darker.
- Flaxseed meal - if you only have flaxseed flour, you can skip step one and continue. Ensure the flour is not un-fattened. Otherwise, it will be very dry, and they will need much more water to get the same consistency.
- Can not lift the wrap after rolling it - if it is challenging to raise the already rolled wrap, either start again or make it a bit thicker. Also, you can try rolling in straight on parchment paper, which you will lift.
- Tortilla press - when you own a tortilla press, you can shape the wraps using one. Place one dough ball between two plastic wraps to prevent stickiness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 11gCarbohydrates 7gFiber 7gProtein 5g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A comprehensive program to help you burn fat, heal your body, and boost your energy. Includes videos, meal plans, shopping lists, recipes, pantry list, and an Eating-Out-Guide.