We may earn some commision from the companies mentioned in this post.
LECSO VEGETABLE STEW
Lecso is my favorite dish either for breakfast or dinner. Every time I make it, memories of my childhood comes back. We used to have it quite often, mostly for breakfast in the summer, when all the lovely tomatoes and pepper were just growing.
Lecso is originally from Hungary, but very popular in my country as well as Austria. My husband loves it, Sophie loves it, so if I make it, a big quantity is a must.
I normally like it spicy, but that is not everyone choice, so it depends on you.
It is really tasty with one of the low carb bread or as a side to the main dish. Try it.
- 2 Big onions
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- 3 Green pepper
- 4 Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- Turmeric powder
- Black Pepper
- Chili - optional
- Cut onions, garlic, pepper and tomatoes into a thin slices
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil,
- Heat the pan on medium high heat until the oil is shimmering.
- Add the onion slices and garlic and stir to coat them with the oil. Spread the onions and garlic out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally.
- Once a bit brown, add pepper slices and cook until soft
- Add tomatoes slices and continue cooking, stirring occasionally
- Add salt, pepper, thyme and turmeric powder and mix well
- Once all the vegetables are soft set the pan aside
- Once aside, add eggs and keep stirring, until eggs are completely cooked in the mixture.
- You can then add Chili if you do prefer it spicy or omit it completely.
- Bon appetite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98 Total Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
I would be really interested if you have ever eaten this dish.
And if yes, what is your best way? Let me know in the comments below.
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox.
A comprehensive program to help you burn fat, heal your body, and boost your energy. Includes videos, meal plans, shopping lists, recipes, pantry list, and an Eating-Out-Guide.