Enjoy our Best Avocado Egg Salad Recipe made with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, fresh herbs as a keto, and a low-carb option with a twist to the classic egg salad with mayo. This healthy egg salad with the addition of avocado adds you a creamy and rich texture to the dish.
Whatever you pick, this egg salad recipe includes protein-packed hard-boiled eggs, tangy Greek yogurt, and fresh herbs, creating a delicious and nutritious meal you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Our avocado egg salad takes just a few minutes to make using the two main ingredients you need in our recipe, avocado, and eggs. Those two are a big part of our lifestyle because of their low carb content, loaded with healthy fats and great nutrition facts involved.
We all love avocados, and using them to make the best recipes in our lifestyle is the way to go and get the fat content into your body, which is vital.
You can, as an example, cut it in half and use as an avocado burger, mash it into guacamole, add slices onto taco soup, around cloud egg for breakfast, or layer it on top of a chaffle sandwich or toast.
An egg is another excellent ingredient we use almost daily. Hard cook is perfect for making our web-deviled eggs to our recipe, great for Halloween.
Keto Friendly and Low Carb Lettuce Wrap
Lettuce leaves are a fantastic option for those following a low-carb or paleo lifestyle who still want to enjoy a classic sandwich’s delicious flavors and textures. When making an avocado egg salad, using lettuce leaves as a wrap instead of bread or a tortilla is a great way to reduce carbs while still getting a satisfying and filling meal.
Lettuce leaves add a refreshing crunch to the dish that pairs perfectly with the creamy and rich avocado egg salad.
Make This Recipe Video: Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Our Best Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
For those who prefer visual steps and guidance when cooking, I have also created a video for the avocado egg salad recipe as an excellent way to help understand the process more quickly.
A video shows the step-by-step instructions and the techniques used in making the recipe, making it easier for you to follow along and replicate the dish.
How Do You Make Avocado Egg Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs?
Let us dive into the steps to transform traditional egg salad without mayo into a powerful, healthy egg salad recipe.
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
- Egg cutter
- Ripe Avocado
- Cooked Eggs
- Greek Yogurt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE BEST AVOCADO EGG SALAD RECIPE
First Step: Prepare ingredients
Prepare all ingredients needed. Use a ripe avocado; yogurt can be made in liters using Instant Pot.
With regards to herbs, I have used chives, but parsley, dill, thinly chopped celery, or red onion is a great addition as well.
Second Step: Avocado
Slice the avocado in half and cut it into small chunky square-shaped pieces. Place it into the medium size bowl, where you mix the whole salad afterward. It will allow you to integrate avocados into the spread easier.
Third Step: Add Eggs
For this recipe, I have used pre-boiled eggs, which I have left to cool down. You do not want to add eggs that are still warm because, in the end, this salad is supposed to be refreshing, and the heat from the eggs might make the avocado brown quickly before adding lemon in.
As you see in the image, I am using a little gadget I got from my mum. It is supposed to be for cutting cooked potatoes into squares, but since we are not using potatoes anymore, I still use it if I need to cut more than one egg. It goes much faster, and you can have a bowl of small egg squares in seconds.
Fourth Step: Add Chives
I am so much in love with chives, and when the season comes, I add them to every dish possible. In our garden, they multiply, which is another excuse to use them all the time.
Chop chives and add them to the bowl.
Fifth Step: Add Greek Yogurt
Adding Greek yogurt to this avocado salad will give more creaminess and replace mayonnaise for some used to it. Yogurt is a healthier way to make this salad just perfect.
You can look at how to make Greek yogurt in your Instant Pot.
Sixth Step: Lemon
Squeeze whole half a lemon into the mixture, especially over the avocados. It will make the avocados keep their beautiful green color, and you will have no problem browning them.
Seventh Step: Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil to the bowl. We do not have a particular favorite brand. Every time we travel, we must bring a few bottles of olive oil with us. This way, we always try new brands and always have enough oil at home.
My daughter is ready to drink olive oil daily, so we ensure we have the best available at all times.
Eighth Step: Mix and taste
Add a little salt and pepper and adequately mix the whole salad. Add more herbs and lemon juice, salt, or pepper, and serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Herbs – parsley, dill, or thinly chopped celery or red onion is also a great addition.
- Way to cook eggs – place eggs into a cooking pot. Pour enough water to cover the eggs fully and hard boil the eggs. Once done, put them into the ice bath in a medium bowl. It will cool them immediately and will make eggs easier to peel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What to Serve Avocado Egg Salad With?
This creamy and healthy avocado egg salad can be used on any occasion.
- Spread the egg salad over your morning breakfast farmer’s bread or raw seed crackers bread.
- Use it as a side dish for your dinner
- Prepare it in advance for your next BBQ or a party
- Use it as a filling with our upcoming flaxseed wraps
- Top it up on our yogurt chaffle for a perfect sandwich idea
- Instead of wraps, use plain salad leaves and serve
- A great addition to cheesy meatloaf
- Perfect for filling up our spider eggs
Can I Use Leftovers for Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich?
Yes, you can use leftovers for an avocado egg salad sandwich. Using leftover hard-boiled eggs and any additional ingredients from the salad can be a great way to save time and reduce food waste.
You can also spread the avocado egg salad between two slices of bread for a great lunch box idea.
Can I make Guacamole Egg Salad?
Absolutely. Guacamole egg salad is a delicious and easy variation of the classic recipe. Mix mashed avocado, chopped hard-boiled eggs, lime juice, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and any additional seasonings you prefer for a flavorful and nutritious twist on traditional egg salad.
Does Avocado Egg Salad Turn Brown?
Avocado will oxidize and turn brown if left on its own.
But our avocado salad does not turn brown at all. The reason and secret ingredient Is lemon. I always pour the lemon on the cut avocados as soon as possible to keep the color at its best.
How Do You Store This Easy Avocado Egg Salad?
Since all ingredients are fresh, this avocado egg salad is best eaten immediately. But if you still want, store it in an air-tight container inside the fridge for 2-3 days.
Press plastic wrap directly on top of the leftover salad before closing to retain the freshness.
Can You Freeze Creamy Avocado Egg Salad?
I recommend freezing this salad. This is also why I have made the recipe with only one avocado, not to have lots of it and be able to consume it quickly and fast.
The problem with freezing is that all of the ingredients used in this recipe will make the salad thaw after de-freezing, and it would taste better than a fresh salad.
More Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Taco Salad Bowl with Mexican Ground Beef
- TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe
- Easy “Potato” Keto Salad Recipe
- Tabbouleh Salad
- Low Carb Tuna Salad
- Keto Greek Salad
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full recipe with printout option
Thank you for giving us 5 stars
- Prepare all ingredients needed. Use a ripe avocado; yogurt can be made in liters using Instant Pot.
- Slice the avocado in half and cut it into small chunky square-shaped pieces. Place it into the medium size bowl, where you mix the whole salad afterward.
- For this recipe, I have used pre-boiled eggs, which I have left to cool down. You do not want to add eggs that are still warm because, in the end, this salad is supposed to be refreshing, and the heat from the eggs might make the avocado brown quickly before adding lemon in.
- Chop chives and add them to the bowl.
- Adding Greek yogurt to this avocado salad will give more creaminess and replace mayonnaise for some used to it.
- Squeeze whole half a lemon into the mixture, especially over the avocados.
- Add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil to the bowl.
- Add a little salt and pepper and adequately mix the whole salad. Add more herbs and lemon juice, salt, or pepper, and serve.
- Herbs - parsley, dill, or thinly chopped celery or red onion is also a great addition.
- Way to cook eggs - place eggs into a cooking pot. Pour enough water to cover the eggs fully and hard boil the eggs. Once done, put them into the ice bath in a medium bowl. It will cool them immediately and will make eggs easier to peel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gCarbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.