We have never had artichoke as a kids and I have never even knew something like this existed. Until just few years ago, when I had it few times in the restaurants. I really loved it, but never thought of making it at home. I somehow always imagined it is pretty hard labor to do it in the house.
Until this month, when I saw them in each supermarket. The beautiful flower like basket got my attention just last week and I bought few of them. Made 2 variations and one I am sharing with you right now. The second baked will come hopefully soon.
Steaming is the best way, as it keeps most of the nutrients within.
Artichokes has got variety of health benefits such as:
- they are packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients
- they help prevent the cancer especially breast cancer and carcinoma
- they helps fight cardiovascular diseases
- they are a part of natural remedies to bring cholesterol to a normal levels
- they help with detoxification of liver and digestive system
- they have excellent source of high fiber, which may help in weight reduction
- they are packed with iron
- they help with skin health and appearance
- 1 Artichoke
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Wash the whole artichoke
- Cut the base and with scissors cut all the spikes of the petals
- Clean the middle if you desire
- Spread the lemon juice over the whole artichoke to prevent browning
- Boil the water, add rest of the lemon juice and salt
- Once the water is boiling, steam it in the basket with the stem facing up
- Steam it for circa 25 – 30 minutes
- Serve with butter and garlic.
- Bon Appetite
Amount Per Serving Calories 5Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 1gProtein 0g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Do you have your favorite way of preparing artichokes at home? do let me know in the comments below. I want to try some
One of a great addition to a party table would be our Keto Spinach Salmon Roulade recipe. Worth trying.