Easy Cheesy Delicious Keto Breakfast Sandwich with Ham and Egg is our new obsession made with our Protein Buns. Fully Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, and Diabetic Friendly, this High Protein Breakfast Choice will keep you full until your next meal.
Keto breakfast recipes
With our ever-growing collection of many breakfast recipes, you can pick your favorite. In the end, eating breakfast is the most important morning meal of the day.
Low carb recipes like this are so many, I can not mention them all in here.
Keto egg breakfast
As we all know, eggs are a big part of our low carb and keto lifestyle. They are almost always part of breakfast, and I try to develop a special recipe to alternate the way we make and use them.
And today is the day for another perfect sandwich recipe with eggs, of course.
Whatever you pick, I can assure you it will be a good keto recipe everyone going keto will rave about.
Easy ham and egg with low carb bread
You can make our savory breakfast sandwich in so many different variations. As I am using our protein buns with whey protein and baking powder as a flour, I have decided to make a sandwich with even more protein than one can imagine.
And, of course, egg and meat need to be included.
As an alternative, if the whole family is eating, you can bake them in a skillet over medium heat as a one big breakfast casserole.
Choose the types of eggs you like, whether fried egg, omelet, boiled or even using two eggs. The choices are big.
Tell me. Who does not love breakfast, especially ham and egg sandwiches?
One cheesy meat and egg keto breakfast sandwich has a whopping 9 grams of protein. Woohoo, I have to say.
Keto buns recipes
Whether you pick our yogurt buns made with almond flour, fiber bread rolls using oat fiber, or bake one of the bread recipes, you will for sure going to have an extra delicious and keto easy breakfast.
You can even use the ever so popular 90-second keto bread. Or a savory muffin if you wish and make an egg mc muffin. Simply pick any of the bread allowed on the keto diet.
But if you are looking for the highest protein you can have, I would pick our low carb protein buns.
Why is protein important?
Everyone needs protein, as protein is in every human body cell.
Protein is essential for growth, especially in kids and teenagers, which is my most important aim.
Your body uses protein to repair muscles and tissues, and there is never enough protein in our lifestyle if you are not going to concentrate on it.
Nobody wants to keep drinking protein shakes, especially when kids are involved.
Making super healthy recipes where you can include protein instead of flour is one of the great benefits of our keto friendly lifestyle.
Keto sandwich as a meal prep
Our lazy keto breakfast sandwich is easy and cheesy.
Let us go to the details, alternations, and various recipe options. Our recipe is great to use as a part of your keto meal prep for the week.
You can bake rolls in advance and all you have to do is add egg, some extra protein and bake. That is it.
Great question with a straight yes answer. If you pick a keto bread, rolls, or muffins as a base, you can have as many sandwiches as you like.
Our breakfast sandwich contains only 1 gram of carbohydrates and 1 gram of net carbs. Pretty impressive considering the big size of the rolls and a whole sandwich.
Nutritional Information for keto breakfast sandwich recipe
Apart from already mentioned, this morning breakfast is low in carbs, one whole sandwich contains a perfect 93 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 9 grams of protein.
Exactly what we are all looking for.
What additional protein can we add to our keto breakfast sandwich?
You can either add two slices or use bacon, sausage, patties, prosciutto, Canadian bacon, salmon, leftover chicken, crispy bacon just to name a few.
Pick any protein from our keto food list as they all are allowed on a keto diet.
What cheese can you use for a baked sandwich?
As you see with our recipe, I have used hard cheese.
I have grated myself because of starches contained in a store-bought grated cheese.
You can pick from any type of hard cheese, such as Swiss cheese, Cheddar cheese, Provolone, Emmental, Gouda, Edam, Muenster, and much more.
It all depends on your taste preference and the cheese you have available.
What other keto bread can you use for sandwiches?
As I already mentioned above, to get the highest amount of protein in one meal, I suggest baking our protein rolls.
You can also choose our recipe for keto farmers bread and bake breakfast rolls from it.
How to bake and make a keto breakfast sandwich?
For the exact measurements, please see the recipe card.
Kitchen gadgets needed:
- Small baking casserole with a lid
Breakfast sandwich ingredients:
- Keto protein buns
- Grated cheese
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING LOW CARB BREAKFAST SANDWICH
First step: Prepare all ingredients for baked sandwich
First, prepare all of your ingredients.
Regarding the bread, you can use any of the low carb keto rolls I have mentioned above.
For this recipe, I am using our protein rolls to increase the protein intake for breakfast.
I have picked a mini casserole dish with the cover. You can either replicate the same or use one big casserole dish.
Second step: Place base of the buns into the casserole dish
Cut your bread on a plate into half and place the base of the bun into your casserole.
Third step: Layer the casserole
Start layering the casserole first with a little bit of grated cheese.
One slice of ham or prosciutto on top of it and then one raw egg.
Do not swap the steps as the meat holds the one egg inside the casserole.
Top it up with additional grated cheese and either fresh herbs or spices.
Fourth step: Add top of the bun and cover
Once you’re done with layering, add the top layer of the bun and cover it with the casserole top.
This will prevent the bun in the oven from burning. The whole keto breakfast sandwich will also be nice and soft.
Fifth step: Bake and enjoy
Bake in the oven at 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with sliced avocado for additional healthy fat.
Tips and tricks:
- Casserole with cover – I have picked a casserole dish with a cover for the whole low-carb breakfast sandwich to stay soft and not burn on the top.
- Timings – Timings depend on you on type of the eggs done to your liking. Whether fully cooked or more on a softer side.
- Protein – Protein could be replaced with any protein such as bacon, prosciutto, leftover chicken, salmon, or whatever you choose.
- Cheese – Shredded cheese can also be replaced with a slice of cheese. You can even add second cheddar cheese slice just below the top bun.
- Bread – Instead of bread rolls, you can use bread slice as a base and cover with a second slice of bread.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What can you serve with a breakfast sandwich?
As our low-carb sandwich is baked in a small casserole, I have not added any vegetables into it.
I believe the best vegetables are fresh.
You can always prepare a lovely plate full of tomatoes, cucumbers, paprika, and fresh seasonal herbs.
Apart from that, you can serve with our sandwich other side dishes such as:
- French fries
- Basil pesto
- Tater tots
- Cheese dip
- Zucchini chips
- Dill pickles
- Pumpkin fries
- Baked zucchini
Can you make keto breakfast sandwiches in an air fryer?
Yes, and that is an excellent idea. Small casseroles are the perfect size that fits into your air fryer and you do not even have to switch on the oven.
How do you store keto sandwiches?
This breakfast keto sandwich casserole is best to eat immediately once baked.
But you can, of course, store it in your refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
Can you freeze a low carb breakfast sandwich?
Even though it is best to consume your breakfast sandwich immediately, you can freeze it for later on.
I would advise wrapping each of the sandwiches individually with a plastic wrap for perfect meal prep. Whenever needed, take it out of the freezer the night before and let it thaw naturally.
If needed, place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Related recipes for breakfast ideas
- Biscuits and gravy
- Muesli granola recipe
- Green goddess salad
- French toast
- Twisted bacon 5 ways
- Brioche bread
Pin for later
Full recipe card with print out option
Thank you for giving us five stars
- 2 Protein buns
- 2 Slices of ham
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Grated cheese
- First, prepare all of your ingredients. Regarding the bread, you can use any of the low carb keto rolls I have mentioned above.
- Cut your bread on a plate into half and place the base of the bun into your casserole.
- Start layering the casserole first with a little bit of grated cheese. One slice of ham or prosciutto on top of it and then one raw egg. Do not swap the steps as the meat holds the one egg inside the casserole. Top it up with additional grated cheese and either fresh herbs or spices.
- Once you’re done with layering, add the top layer of the bun and cover it with the casserole top. This will prevent the bun in the oven from burning. The whole keto breakfast sandwich will also be nice and soft.
- Bake in the oven at 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with sliced avocado for additional healthy fat.
- Casserole with cover - I have picked a casserole dish with a cover for the whole low-carb breakfast sandwich to stay soft and not burn on the top.
- Timings - Timings depend on you on type of the eggs done to your liking. Whether fully cooked or more on a softer side.
- Protein - Protein could be replaced with any protein such as bacon, prosciutto, leftover chicken, salmon, or whatever you choose.
- Cheese - Shredded cheese can also be replaced with a slice of cheese. You can even add second cheddar cheese slice just below the top bun.
- Bread - Instead of bread rolls, you can use bread slice as a base and cover with a second slice of bread.
Serving Size1 Sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 93Total Fat 5gCarbohydrates 1gProtein 9g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
A 7-day guided challenge to get into Ketosis. Includes a complete meal plan with recipes, shopping list and pantry list, a Step-by-Step Keto Quick Start Guide, a Keto Success, and Motivation Journal emailed to you daily, and access to a supportive Keto community.