We may earn some commision from the companies mentioned in this post.
ASPARAGUS TAGLIATELLE COMPLETELY LOW CARB
I AM A GENIUS.
Do not believe me? Well just look at this recipe. Those are tagliatelle made entirely from asparagus with a super asparagus sauce.
Now we have the season for asparagus, so they are in every shop and since I do love them I started using my brain to come up with something unique. I wanted a complete uniqueness. And the uniqueness came in a form of asparagus noodles.
Well it let me thinking, there are various variety of vegetable noodles but I have not seen asparagus one. Then I check with uncle Google and could not find anything. Well maybe they are somewhere there, but I did not looked good enough. But it does not matter.
I had this idea of making them, but than I though maybe they were already invented but not really tasty and therefore never made into the world. But as I am, I could not just leave it. I said to myself. I have to try them. At least I will eat them and would know for sure how they taste. And if it is really bad, I will just dump them or make something else.
But you know what?
They are OUT OF THIS WORLD.
And the sauce – O MY. So tasty. And that was just what I had in the fridge and though I will experiment and try to mix a bit this and that.
And it worked. WORKED.
- 15 Pieces of white asparagus
- 250g of sour cream
- 150g Creme Fraiche
- 50g Hard cheese
- lemon, butter, and stevia for boiling
- Clean and slice the skin of the white asparagus and cut the ends a bit
- Take 10 pieces and slice them with a hand slicer into a thin tagliatelle
- Cut the tops and put aside with additional 5 whole pieces
- Boil the water, where you add a bit of lemon, butter and stevia (this will prevent the bitterness of some asparagus)
- Place all asparagus ( slices and the leftovers) into the water and cook for 12 minutes
- You can cook the Tagliatelle and extra pieces separate if you want or if you think it would be difficult to separate them, but I have done it all together ans it was ok.
- In the meantime heat up sour cream and creme fraiche
- Once asparagus in cooked, throw the water and take all the leftover pieces and add them into the cream sauce.
- With hand blender mix the cream with asparagus pieces to get a smooth sauce.
- Add grained cheese into the sauce and serve
- You would still have some sauce left for the day after
- Bon appetit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 23g Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 6g
Do let me know in the comments below.
Do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter here to get all the new recipes right into your mailbox.