LOW CARB GRANOLA
The story goes:
Years ago, I have tried various recipes, to make granola or Cornflakes for my daughter for Breakfast. Something she would like. But it never went in a positive way. Even though I thought they are perfect, she never really liked any of them.
Then came last Christmas, when we went for a skiing trip to a hotel, where all the kids from our friends have decided to eat different types of granolas for Breakfast. Every single day. And of course, my daughter seeing this, wanted to copy. So she kept asking for them more and more.
Once we came from the trip, my trials started. And because I just got fresh walnuts from my mum, those were the main base to try it with. After a few attempts and some inspirations, I think I found the right one.
At least I can see that those are really the best since my daughter eats them now on a daily basis already for the last 3 weeks. Yesterday I even tried to convince her to have something else for breakfast. Something she used to love before. Like those buns with bacon and eggs.
But NO WAY.
She wakes up every morning already talking about them and as I see it, it will take a while until I will convince her to give breakfast a bit of a change. The last one, I have decided to double the recipe, because of how quickly they are gone. The best part is, that they are really crunchy. That is something I have been missing before.
Once you try them, you will not go back to anything.
I have also added a few Freeze-Dried berries, just for the color and feeling or a real shop bought granola.
The quick video to help you see the real deal is here:
And of course the Recipe for Low Carb Granola is here:
Low Carb GanolaPrint This
- 50g (0,5 Cup) Almond Meal
- 40g (0,5 Cup) Shredded dry Coconut
- 50g (0,5 Cup) Ground Hazelnuts
- 120g (1 Cup) Whole Walnuts
- 50g (1 Cup) Coconut Chips
- 80g (0,5 Cup) Sesame seeds
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Sukrin Plus
- 5g (1 Tbsp) Cinamon
- 25g (2 Tbsp) Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 10g (0,5 Cup) Freeze-Dried Berries
- Preheat the oven to 150C (302F)
- Cut the Whole Walnuts into smaller pieces
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- Mix one egg with a hand mixer and add it to the mixture
- Add Coconut oil and mix everything properly.
- Place it on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet and spread the whole mixture onto the tray.
- Press it with your hands and place it into the oven for 25 minutes.
- After they are baked, lower the oven temperature to 100 C (212F), take out the tray and properly mix the granola and break it into smaller pieces
- Once they are nicely spread on a tray, place it in the oven again for 35 minutes at a lower temperature to make them nice and crunchy.
- Once done, let it cool, add the Freeze-dried berries and enjoy.
- Bon Appetit
Per Serving: Calories 281 Kcal, Carbohydrates:5 g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 24g,
Do let me know how did you like them and share with us how they went.
And do not forget to sign in to our Newsletter, not to miss a single recipe we come up with.