Quick and Easy Homemade Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe done in 5 minutes with simple common ingredients and 1 gram of carbs per serving is so creamy in texture and versatile to use as a dressing, dip for veggies or sauce for your casserole dish. Fully Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, and Diabetic Friendly, this Low Carb Style classic Ranch with no mayo is an excellent idea for your lunch salad or a dip into your kids’ lunch boxes.
Even though I always make all of the salads together with the dressing, it would be wise to mention some for you to add to the list of various low-carb salad recipes you can get inspired with.
Every single one of them can be made with our new homemade keto ranch dressing, as this dressing is a tiny bit addictive.
And as this Low Carb Ranch is very versatile and used perfectly as a keto dip, it can be added with crackers, nachos, cucumber chips or chaffle chips onto the table. With our Salsa, Green Goddess Dip, Marinara Sauce, Guacamole, Beet Spread, Worcestershire sauce or a Cheese Dip, you can prepare a perfect Keto Brunch or a Keto Party.
Is it not awesome to have a versatile recipe that you can use as a dip, dressing, or even adding to your casserole Dish?
And to add to it, it’s super easy, made from a few ingredients we all have at home done in less than 5 minutes.
Plus one gram of total carbs per portion. Fabulous.
With our Low Carb Salad Dressing, I promise you that you will never buy a store-bought bottled version. Once you realize how simple this Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe is, you will be making it over and over again and again.
What is Ranch Dressing?
I will write a few lines for those who come from around the world and do not know about Ranch dressing and what exactly it is.
Ranch Dressing is an American salad dressing consisting of buttermilk with mayonnaise, crushed garlic, herbs, especially dill and spices, and sometimes mustard.
Since 1992, Ranch Dressing has been the most popular dressing to be sold in the United States.
It is used not only as a salad dressing but as a dip and flavoring for potatoes and various casserole dishes.
The complete story on how Steve Henson invented this famous dressing and how the name Hidden Valley became the name for this dressing is so interesting, informative, and exciting that I did not want to write it all here. You can read it all on Wikipedia under Ranch Dressing.
What Ranch Dressing is Keto Friendly?
If you wonder what type of store-bought Keto Ranch Dressing exists, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Light Salad Dressing & Topping is Keto as well as Gluten-Free.
But if you would like to make your own, jump onto reading our recipe and making the best homemade Ketogenic Ranch Dressing.
Is Ranch Keto?
You may ask: Is Ranch Dressing Keto?
Well, I have to say – it depends. It depends on what exact ingredients you put in or what ingredients are included in the store-bought bottled product.
Always read the labels to avoid brands with added sugar and preservatives that give us unnecessary carbs.
To be on the safe side, make your own.
Most of the Homemade ranch dressings are keto or at least low carb.
Our recipe is entirely Keto as it contains only 1 gram of carbs per portion.
Calculating our recipe, which gives you 3 cups of this fabulous Keto Dressing, comes to an exact 1 gram of carb per portion.
I have split the recipe into 12 portions, each being 4 tablespoons.
Carbs in Ranch Dressing are so minimal that you do not even have to add them to your calculations.
Calories in Ranch Dressing come to a perfect 81 per portion. This is not only awesome, but the four tablespoons will be more than enough whether you are using this recipe as a Keto Salad Dressing Recipe or a keto dip.
Eighty-one calories come, thanks to skipping mayo entirely, which has got 243% more calories and replacing it with Sour Cream.
What varieties of Ranch Dressing are there?
As our recipe is pretty basic, as we all know how ranch dressing is, I would like to mention various other alternatives you can try:
- BBQ Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Garlic Ranch Dressing
- Dill Pickle Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Ranch Dressing
- Coleslaw with Ranch Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Dressing
- Green Goddess Ranch Dressing
What to serve with Gluten-Free Ranch Dressing?
You can use Keto Ranch Dressing for:
- Stuffed Chicken with Ranch Dressing
- Goes great in the summer with grilled shrimp skewers
- Dip with cut veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, or celery
- Dip with Sausage Balls
- Dip bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Dressing for Tacos
How To Make Keto Ranch Dressing?
To make Healthier Ranch Dressing and reduce calories significantly, I have skipped mayo and replaced it with Sour Cream.
Kitchen Gadgets needed:
- Mixing Bowl
- Mason Jar
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Chives
- Fresh Parsley
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Dill
- Salt and Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKING THE BEST KETO RANCH DRESSING
First Step: Ingredients needed for Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
First of all, prepare all of your ingredients. I have replaced the mayo with sour cream to reduce calories.
Regarding herbs, it is best if you could use all the fresh ones.
If you do not have any particular one, you can replace it with what is available. Just try and get the fresh dill, as this is one of the essential ingredients in the low-carb ranch dressing recipe.
Chop all herbs into tiny pieces, press your garlic, squeeze juice from lemon and get 2 cups of sour cream.
Second Step: Sour Cream and Lemon
Let us start with a big mixing bowl into which you can add all of the sour cream and the juice from freshly squeezed lemon.
Third Step: Herbs and garlic
As the next step, add all of the herbs one by one, which is, in our case, dill, chives, and parsley.
Add freshly pressed garlic cloves.
Fourth Step: Salt and Pepper
The last two ingredients are salt and pepper.
I only add approximately one teaspoon each as I always like the fresh aroma from the other herbs.
Fifth Step: Combine
Once all ingredients are in the mixing bowl, take your spatula or a spoon and mix all herbs with the sour cream until all thoroughly combined.
You can immediately serve this keto salad dressing or store it in one of the mason jars or any other glass container with the lid.
Tips and Tricks:
- Sour Cream – can be replaced with mayo, buttermilk, or yogurt.
- Herbs – to get the best flavor and aroma, use all fresh herbs. If you do not have one, you can swap some, but dill is vital in the mixture.
- Lemon – can be replaced with apple cider vinegar.
- Dairy-Free – replace sour cream with vegan sour cream.
- Too thick – add a dash of almond milk.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Ranch Dressing Ideas
A great tip is to make ranch chicken for a quick oven meal. You can also use it with:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Sausage Balls
- Cucumber chips
- Chaffle chips
- Pumpkin Meatballs
- Smoked Crack Dip
How do you store this Sugar-Free Ranch Dressing?
You can store this keto salad dressing in the fridge in a glass container.
How long does homemade ranch dressing last?
Properly stored in a glass container, you can keep this keto ranch dressing in your refrigerator for up to a week.
It is so delicious it usually doesn’t stay more than 2 to 3 days anyway.
Can you freeze Low Carb Dressing for Salad?
You can undoubtedly freeze our low-carb ranch dressing in a glass container, preferably.
If you’re going to use it as a dip, I will suggest freezing it into small containers for portion control later on.
Pin for later
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thank you for giving us five stars.
- 2 Cups (500 grams) Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Chives
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 2 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 tablespoon squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- First of all, prepare all of your ingredients. I have replaced the mayo with sour cream to reduce calories. Regarding herbs, it is best if you could use all the fresh ones. Chop all herbs into tiny pieces, press your garlic, squeeze juice from lemon and get 2 cups of sour cream.
- Let us start with a big mixing bowl into which you can add all of the sour cream and the juice from freshly squeezed lemon.
- As the next step, add all of the herbs one by one, which is, in our case, dill, chives, and parsley. Add freshly pressed garlic cloves.
- The last two ingredients are salt and pepper. I only add approximately one teaspoon each as I always like the fresh aroma from the other herbs.
- Once all ingredients are in the mixing bowl, take your spatula or a spoon and mix all herbs with the sour cream until all thoroughly combined.
- Sour Cream - can be replaced with mayo, buttermilk, or yogurt.
- Herbs - to get the best flavor and aroma, use all fresh herbs. If you do not have one, you can swap some, but dill is vital in the mixture.
- Lemon - can be replaced with apple cider vinegar.
- Dairy-Free - replace sour cream with vegan sour cream
- Too thick - add a dash of almond milk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size4 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Total Fat 8gCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 1g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.