Is Peanut Butter Low Carb? Is Peanut Butter Keto? With this article, you will explore all of the facts, tips and tricks, recipe suggestions, and everything you need to know about this Gluten-Free, Diabetic-friendly, and of course, Low Carb and Keto wonder. Learn How To Make Peanut Butter with only one ingredient in less than 2 minutes.
There is nothing more exciting when you can fill up your Kitchen Pantry with various homemade condiments, sauces, spreads, and syrups that last appropriately stored for weeks, maybe even months. Used in so many recipes, you are planning to make your baking that is fully low carb.
They all are in my fridge to use whenever needed. I know what is inside, I know I have used the only best ingredients, and I know precisely that they all contain minimal carbs you can have.
Homemade Peanut Butter
I had to make a perfectly creamy bowl of homemade peanut butter for you with all of this in mind. With a few simple steps and only one ingredient you can have in less than 2 minutes, you own peanut butter you can use.
Lowest Carb Peanut Butter
To top it up, this is the lowest carb peanut butter you can ever have because it does not contain anything else but peanuts. Pure, unflavored, unsalted peanuts. How does that sound?
Excellent, in my opinion.
But let us get to the facts.
What is Peanut Butter?
As most call it, Peanut Butter is a spread or butter filled with great nutritions made out of plain or roasted peanuts.
Peanut butter can be adjusted to your taste buts using additional ingredients, such as salt, sweeteners, or oil.
Over the years, it has become one of the most popular nuts spread worldwide, especially in the United States.
Eaten on its own by a spoonful is something everyone describes a pure joy.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter is not only delicious but also beneficial to our lifestyle.
- Filled with nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, and much more
- It is low in carbohydrates, which is perfect for our lifestyle
- Pretty high in fat, which can help for some looking to increase their fat content
- It contains protein, as we all need
- It is excellent for an energy boost
- Filled with fiber, which we are all looking to get more and more
- It is pretty filling and great as a snack in between meals to stop us from overeating
- Delicious, which is the best feeling of all
How many Carbs are in peanut butter?
One tablespoon of pure 100% peanut Butter contains only 3 grams of carbohydrates, from which one gram is Fiber, bringing you to a total of 2 grams of net carbs.
It is a perfect and filling choice with 4 grams of protein and 8 grams of fat, especially if you follow Keto or Low Carb lifestyle.
That immediately answers other questions such as:
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
Is Peanut Butter Low Carb?
Can you eat Peanut Butter on Keto?
If you are following a strict Paleo lifestyle, peanuts are considered legumes and not really nuts, and therefore they are not a part of the Paleo diet.
On the opposite, in the Keto lifestyle, where peanuts have minimal carbohydrate content, they are a perfect staple.
Peanuts. Peanut Butter is made of peanuts. Plain simple.
Of course, there are some additions, like sugar, salt, or oil added to prepare it to your liking, but 100% peanut butter is made from Peanuts only.
Benefits of making your own peanut butter
You can, of course, buy classic peanut butter in any supermarket, any form, and texture.
But making your peanut butter is the best option, especially knowing that with only one ingredient and 2 minutes of your time, you can have this deliciousness whenever you are craving for.
With homemade Peanut Butter, you can:
- Control the consistency – you can stop blending at the point you love the texture the most
- Experience with Flavors – add whatever flavor you love and the precise amount you like
- Increase fat – you can even increase your fat content by adding MCT oil into it
- Price – making your peanut butter is for sure the best and most cost-effective way
Vitamix Peanut Butter
Vitamix or any other strong blender is a great kitchen gadget, especially when making your nut butter.
I have always used my Magic Bullet for everything until I started making Nut butter.
I destroyed two until I decided to buy a proper strong blender, which is powerful enough to make nut butter without additional ingredients.
In your Vitamix, with a press of a button and a few minutes, you can transform any nuts into a beautiful smooth nut paste.
Smooth Peanut Butter
Depending on what consistency you like, you can choose when to stop with Vitamix or any other powerful blender.
For example, in my video, you see how the consistency is after one blend, which is crumbly.
And then on the images, a perfect smooth peanut butter consistency, where I have done the whole blending process once more.
Bulk Peanut Butter
Using Vitamix or one of the powerful blenders makes bulk peanut butter much easier than a simple one cup.
The reason is that if you only place a cup of peanuts into the blender, within seconds, the crushed peanuts will stick on the sides of the container, and it takes real effort to get them back into the blades.
Of course, you can make just one cup of peanut butter, but you might have to stop a few times in between and keep scrapping the peanuts from sides into the middle.
As peanut butter lasts a long time, mainly stored in the refrigerator, there is no reason not to use more peanuts in one go and double or triple the amount.
No Sugar Peanut Butter
I have decided to go with a pure and 100% Peanut Butter Spread in my recipe without any additional ingredients.
No sugar added, whether it is normal or a Sugar Substitute.
Of course, it is your choice whether you add some or not.
For my taste, the pure peanut butter is already sweet enough to enjoy on its own.
Peanut Butter Milk
One more thing I can not forget to pinpoint for you.
By making our cup of delicious natural creamy homemade peanut butter, you can make a perfectly tasteful Peanut Butter Milk in one go.
Do you know how to make Peanut Butter Milk?
Do you think you have no time for that? No worries.
Instead of washing your Vitamix or a blender container, simply pour a few cups of water and blend it again.
Do you know what happens?
You get perfect Peanut Butter Milk in one minute.
And you even get the majority of your container cleaned.
Isn’t that awesome?
What other Nut Butters can you make?
You might wonder what Nut butter are least in carbs?
Using and following the same steps, you can experience with various nuts to make a perfect:
- Almond Butter
- Pecan butter
- Walnut butter
- Sunflower butter
- Pumpkin seed butter
- Macadamia nut butter
- Hazelnut butter
- Brazil nuts Butter
- Coconut Butter -yes, that counts as nut butter as well.
Making Peanut Butter
After an entire page of great tips and facts, I would suggest going straight into making the best peanut butter for Keto or Low Carb lifestyle.
How To Make Peanut Butter?
Kitchen Gadgets Needed:
- Vitamix or any strong Blender
I have not added MCT oil in my recipe, but please go ahead if you want to add extra fat.
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PEANUT BUTTER
First Step: Prepare Ingredients
Prepare your peanuts.
If you would like to add additional flavors such as salt, MCT Oil, or Sweetener, prepare those as well.
Second Step: Add Peanuts into the Container
Simply add all of the peanuts into the blender.
Third Step: Blend
Switch your blender into a butter mode and blend.
Fourth step: Second Blend
As you see in the third step, this is the way your peanut butter looks after a first bled.
Repeat the third step if you want to go further into more creaminess, as I have on the pictures.
Tips and tricks:
- MCT Oil – you can add additional flavor
- Salt – either use salted peanuts or add a tablespoon of salt before blendings
- Sugar sweetener – add tablespoon or two in case you would like to have a sweeter side of the peanut butter
- Smooth Consistency – repeat the blending process twice
- Peanut Butter Milk – after you have scraped your peanut butter into the cup, add two cups of water into the Vitamix or your blender and switch to milk function.
- Nutritions – from 3 cups of unsalted peanuts, you should get approximately two cups of peanut butter. I have divided it into eight portions, each being a ¼ of a cup per serving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How long does homemade peanut butter last?
You can leave it on the kitchen counter for about a week, but anything longer, use the fridge.
The homemade peanut butter will last stored adequately for months in your refrigerator.
What additional flavors can you use for Keto Peanut Butter?
As I already mentioned, I love a plain 100% Peanut butter with only peanuts – nothing else.
Unsalted Peanut Butter that is.
But you can experiment with characteristic flavors and some unusual as well.
- Salt – either use salted peanuts or add one tablespoon of salt into the mixture before blending
- Sugar – one to two tablespoons of one of the Sugar Substitute
- MCT Oil – for an extra fat intake, add either an MCT oil or oil you prefer
- Sugar-Free Chocolate – slightly melted chocolate added in to make almost like a Nutella spread
- Sugar-Free White Chocolate Chips – add into prepared Peanut Butter in a cup and mix in.
Recipes with Peanut Butter
Here comes the best part.
Peanut Butter Recipes
In addition to eating a spoonful of peanut butter every hour of the day, you can use this Homemade Peanut butter for various recipes.
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Chaffle Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Pin For Later:
Need Support or have Questions? Join our Free Facebook Group.
For weekly New Recipes and a FREE E-Book get into our NEWSLETTER.
Full Recipe with Print Out Option
Thanks for giving us five stars
- 3 Cups ( 400 grams ) Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon MCT Oil - Optional - I have not used
- Prepare your peanuts.
- Simply add all of the peanuts into the blender.
- Switch your blender into a butter mode and blend.
- Repeat the third step if you want to go further into more creaminess, as I have on the pictures.
MCT Oil - you can add additional flavor
Salt - either use salted peanuts or add a tablespoon of salt before blendings
Sugar sweetener - add tablespoon or two in case you would like to have a sweeter side of the peanut butter
Smooth Consistency - repeat the blending process twice
Peanut Butter Milk - after you have scraped your peanut butter into the cup, add two cups of water into the Vitamix or your blender and switch to milk function.
Nutritions - from 3 cups of unsalted peanuts, you should get approximately two cups of peanut butter. I have divided it into eight portions, each being a ¼ of a cup per serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1/4 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 11gCarbohydrates 4gFiber 2gProtein 8g
If you are still looking for some Low Carb products, visit our recommended site on Amazon, which we participate in as affiliates. Just click on the image below and all will be revealed.
Living a Keto Lifestyle but still, have a sweet tooth?
Explore 31 Days with Top Keto & Low Carb Dessert Recipes.
All new recipes never featured anywhere else.